Seahawks Acquire TE Jimmy Graham from Saints

That's a better move than Wilson cutting his wife.

Now the crybabies won't be second guessing Carroll when he calls a pass at the goal line.

A bonified star at TE will be huge for the Hawks. Graham is easily worth Unger and a first for the Seahawks. Brilliant move Schneider!

Yeah Unger is a great center but he really struggles with injury and we did very well with Lemuel Jeanpierre and Patrick Lewis. I would like to see a better blocker than Graham at TE but it's a big offensive weapon to pair with Lynch. Now if we can just grab Andre Johnson for cheap. :)

Sounds like NO got ripped off

I think it was kind of a win/win. The Saints get a pro-bowl caliber center and get some cap relief. They move up from the 4th round to the first. Seahawks get a top notch receiving TE without damaging their cap too terribly much and they preserve what will probably be a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2016 due to the loss of Byron Maxwell. Had they signed a player instead of traded for one they would have lost that compensatory pick or at least had it downgraded to a lower round. It's a pretty good deal for both teams I think

I think it was kind of a win/win. The Saints get a pro-bowl caliber center and get some cap relief. They move up from the 4th round to the first. Seahawks get a top notch receiving TE without damaging their cap too terribly much and they preserve what will probably be a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2016 due to the loss of Byron Maxwell. Had they signed a player instead of traded for one they would have lost that compensatory pick or at least had it downgraded to a lower round. It's a pretty good deal for both teams I think
And the Saints help their atrocious cap situation a little bit. I think even with Graham gone they still have to cut like $20,000,000 from their roster for next year.

And the Saints help their atrocious cap situation a little bit. I think even with Graham gone they still have to cut like $20,000,000 from their roster for next year.

They had a lot to cut, that's for sure. Seattle's oline would currently be LT Russell Okung, LG Alvin Bailey?, C Patrick Lewis, RG J.R. Sweezy, RT Justin Britt. Man.....I guess that's essentially what we got to the last two Super Bowls with but boy that's a scary looking situation for Hawks fans. I hope we draft oline heavy

Sounded like you were glad to be rid of the ctr.....So Luke Wilsons career is over????

Sounded like you were glad to be rid of the ctr.....So Luke Wilsons career is over????

No I would have loved to have kept Unger if he could stay healthy. When healthy he is just an animal, but he was really expensive and has missed a lot of action. Luke Willson will still be there but they needed more legitimate receiving options. The final play of the Super Bowl was simply a fantastic, once in a lifetime play by the Patriots' defensive back, but would that guy have been able to move a guy as big as Jimmy Graham? Boy I don't know. Maybe but that's a big size and weight difference as well as pass catching skills. Luke Willson will be a good tight end for Seattle, but he's not a primary guy.

I heard he had size and speed....... kept getting picked up in fantasy because of all your low out put receivers people figured they would have to start using him..... now he's buried......

I heard he had size and speed....... kept getting picked up in fantasy because of all your low out put receivers people figured they would have to start using him..... now he's buried......

Oh Willson is a bye week fantasy TE for sure. LOL. He is a great contributor on an NFL field but I would not want him as a starter on a fantasy team.

So he's not any good or never got the chance......

No he is very good for what he is expected to do. He blocks very well. He has good speed and he is a decent ball catcher. He is just not a guy that is so awesome in any one aspect that he will strike terror in the defense. He is a jack of all trades and master of none. His strength is his versatility. Graham by contrast isn't a great blocker. He is an absolutely fantastic receiver but when it comes to blocking, he isn't that great. So Graham can only be used to his full potential as a receiver. In that he is among the best in the game. Willson can handle any role and do it well but he won't blow you away at any one of them.

Miller was your blocking TE........is Seattle going to start passing more? If not somethng tells me J Graham is not going to be a happy camper..........Seattle not even in top half of leader board on pass attempts

Miller was your blocking TE........is Seattle going to start passing more? If not somethng tells me J Graham is not going to be a happy camper..........Seattle not even in top half of leader board on pass attempts

Seattle is built to run the football and that won't change. Marshawn Lynch is the workhorse and will continue to be. I don't see a lot more pass attempts but I can see better pass efficiency. Russell Wilson has been very efficient passing the ball, but with better receivers he could increase that efficiency significantly. Several months ago there was talk that perhaps the Seahawks could get Larry Fitzgerald. I thought that was a long shot because even if the Cardinals would let him go, he would want to be in an offense that passes instead of runs. As much as I would love Andre Johnson, I think the same thing applies. Seattle probably gives him the best shot at a ring, but it will be in a diminished capacity.

Despite the result of the Super Bowl I still think Seattle is the best team in the NFL and will be next year as well. Granted I am biased, but one freak play was the difference between a loss and back to back championships in a situation where the Seahawks entire defensive secondary was completely banged up.

The point is would Graham or Johnson prefer to be the main target of the offense or get a ring? I think Seattle currently gives a free agent the best shot at getting a ring. It does not give a free agent the best shot at being a super star

Thats usually a question they contemplate toward the end of their career......and since the odds are even greater against a third appearance in a row.....its not statistically a good call for him. Maybe if Wilson targets him a third of the time it wont matter.

Huggy, I thought you considered Jimmy Graham an overrated hack of a TE, something like that? ;)

Big pickup for the Seahawks. Graham is a huge upgrade to their passing game. The only question is who replaces Unger and how well they perform, and can Graham run block if called on.

Forum List

Back