Screw Arizona!

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
obama-arizona1.jpg

PHOENIX, Aug. 31 (UPI) — The U.S. Justice Department says it has filed an immigration lawsuit against Arizona authorities alleging hiring discrimination by schools in the state.
The lawsuit alleges a group of community colleges acted illegally in requiring non-citizens to provide their green cards before they could be hired for jobs, The Washington Post reported Monday.
Justice Department officials said the Phoenix-area Maricopa Community Colleges discriminated against nearly 250 non-citizen job applicants by forcing them to fill out more documents than required by law to prove eligibility to work, a violation of the federal Immigration and Nationality Act.
The district, which did not require the extra documents from U.S. citizens, stopped the practice in January during a yearlong Justice Department investigation, The Arizona Republic reported.
The suit calls for the community college district to pay a penalty of $1,100 for each non-U.S. citizen who was authorized to work but was forced to supply additional documentation.

so much for the lying fucturds who claim we should go after the employee for HIRING illegals.. now the lying fucktards want to go after the employee for requiring ID.. lying fucking fucktards. It's gonna be a 100 years before they get elected again.

obama-arizona1.jpg

(CNSNews.com) – Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said requests by Arizona law enforcement personnel and Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) for 3,000 National Guard troops along the state’s border with Mexico have been answered so far with 1 percent of that number deployed there this week.
“We have a whopping 30 [National Guard troops] this week that are showing up,” Babeu told CNSNews.com. “It’s less than a half-hearted measure designed to fail.”
But the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has placed 15 signs along a 60-mile stretch of Interstate 8 that links San Diego with Phoenix and Tucson warning travelers of drug cartels and human trafficking operations.
“DANGER – PUBLIC WARNING, TRAVEL NOT RECOMMENDED,” read the signs placed along Interstate 8. “Visitors May Encounter Armed Criminals and Smuggling Vehicles Traveling at High Rates of Speed. Stay Away From Trash, Clothing, Backpacks, and Abandoned Vehicles.”
“BLM Encourages Visitors To Use Public Land North of Interstate 8,” the signs say.
“I think the American people are outraged that we can fight wars half-way around the world, send our nation’s treasury and our most precious resources – our American heroes that serve in the military — and yet here in our own country somehow they believe it’s okay for us not to have a secure border,” Said Sheriff Babeu.
“And that it’s okay to put up signs in my county and parts of America to surrender parts of our country to foreign born criminals,” Babeu added, “warning our own American citizens to stay out.”

I'm not so sure the story in the Op is legitimate. I saw the same thing on a feed from FAIR and it too had no MSM link. Beyond that, it makes no sense. Every American employer must require a new hire to file an I-9 Employment Verification Form. In order to do so, a new hire must provide acceptable proof of the right to work here, and the employer must endeavor to determine the veracity of these proofs.

USCIS - Employment Eligibility Verification

Maybe the story in the Op is correct, but it must at least be incomplete. And, I would think most schools are also required (or advised) to run criminal background checks on applicants before hiring. Something here just isn't right.

And now it's come to the attention of Arizonans that their beloved president is dragging them in front of the UN's Human Rights Tribunal. Well, perhaps not a tribunal, but a pathetic attempt at presidential douchebaggery nonetheless.

Seems as if I owe you guys an apology; this is a legitimate story.

Justice Dept. Suing County Junior Colleges - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

I am bumfuddled on so many levels. How is it illegal for a state to prefer to hire its own citizens? Or to exercise due care in determining the eligibility to work of noncitizen applicants?

Befuddled? That's putting it mildly. So far you haven't had a problem swallowing the lies of the present batch of lying libturds.

obama-arizona1.jpg

The Wall Street Journal reported:
The Justice Department filed a civil lawsuit Thursday against Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona’s Maricopa County, accusing him and his agency of stonewalling a probe into policing practices that some call discriminatory against Hispanics.
The suit is the latest move in months of legal sniping between the two sides. They are also fighting over whether federal prosecutors improperly contacted employees of the sheriff’s office directly to seek testimony, instead of going through lawyers.
Robert Driscoll, a lawyer representing Mr. Arpaio and the Maricopa Sheriff’s Office, didn’t have an immediate response to the suit.
Mr. Arpaio is the elected sheriff for Maricopa County, where Phoenix is located. He has become a vocal critic of illegal immigration and has carried out operations aimed at detaining immigrants and turning them over to federal law enforcement for deportation.
Civil-rights groups have long called Mr. Arpaio’s policies discriminatory. Soon after Attorney General Eric Holder took office last year, the Justice Department said it was investigating those complaints and looking into possible violations of Hispanics’ civil rights.
The Justice Department suit, filed in federal court in Phoenix, said the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office receives millions of dollars in federal funding and is required to cooperate with federal investigations as a condition of receiving those funds.

Seems DOJ may have some real problems with the Sheriff Joe charges. How many Americans want the borders tightened and illegal immigration brought under control? To think this won't have repercussions in November, the Democrats only need to look at Health Care Reform and public (non)support for it while it was pushed through. In all honesty, they all should have looked at what happened to Bush when he tried to 'reform' immigration in ways the people didn't agree with:

New evidence undermines feds' case against Arizona | Washington Examiner

New evidence undermines feds' case against Arizona

By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
September 2, 2010

(AP File)
You've heard a lot about the Justice Department's lawsuit to stop the new Arizona immigration law. But that's just one part of the Obama administration's multi-front war on immigration enforcement in Arizona.

In addition to the drive to kill the new law, Attorney General Eric Holder is also suing the Maricopa Community College system in Phoenix, alleging it broke the law by requiring a job seeker to provide a green card before being hired. And on Thursday the Justice Department filed suit against the Maricopa County Sheriff's office, run by the flamboyant Joe Arpaio, as part of an extended investigation into alleged civil rights violations there.

Despite the splash of attention from the newest lawsuit, the Justice Department's investigation of Arpaio could end badly for Holder. When the Department first informed Arpaio that a probe was under way, back in March 2009, it sent a letter saying the investigation would focus on "alleged patterns or practices of discriminatory police practices and unconstitutional searches and seizures." But now we learn that just six months before that, in September 2008, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, known as ICE, did its own investigation of Arpaio's office -- and gave it a clean bill of health. Arpaio's lawyers recently got a copy of the ICE report through the Freedom of Information Act...

I'm not so sure the story in the Op is legitimate. I saw the same thing on a feed from FAIR and it too had no MSM link. Beyond that, it makes no sense. Every American employer must require a new hire to file an I-9 Employment Verification Form. In order to do so, a new hire must provide acceptable proof of the right to work here, and the employer must endeavor to determine the veracity of these proofs.

USCIS - Employment Eligibility Verification

Maybe the story in the Op is correct, but it must at least be incomplete. And, I would think most schools are also required (or advised) to run criminal background checks on applicants before hiring. Something here just isn't right.

Ya think????:eusa_eh:

Seems as if I owe you guys an apology; this is a legitimate story.

Justice Dept. Suing County Junior Colleges - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

I am bumfuddled on so many levels. How is it illegal for a state to prefer to hire its own citizens? Or to exercise due care in determining the eligibility to work of noncitizen applicants?

I agree.

Its hard to figure how DOJ can think a State is in the wrong for following the law.

It sure does make one wonder. Jeeze.

obama-arizona1.jpg

PHOENIX, Aug. 31 (UPI) — The U.S. Justice Department says it has filed an immigration lawsuit against Arizona authorities alleging hiring discrimination by schools in the state.
The lawsuit alleges a group of community colleges acted illegally in requiring non-citizens to provide their green cards before they could be hired for jobs, The Washington Post reported Monday.
Justice Department officials said the Phoenix-area Maricopa Community Colleges discriminated against nearly 250 non-citizen job applicants by forcing them to fill out more documents than required by law to prove eligibility to work, a violation of the federal Immigration and Nationality Act.
The district, which did not require the extra documents from U.S. citizens, stopped the practice in January during a yearlong Justice Department investigation, The Arizona Republic reported.
The suit calls for the community college district to pay a penalty of $1,100 for each non-U.S. citizen who was authorized to work but was forced to supply additional documentation.

Folks it sounds like they were requiring brown workers ( lets remember a college has all types of workers like cooks and gardeners) to proove they were legal to work.

To be unbiased they would have to have all their employees PROOVE they are legal to work. That means they would have to required even their proffs to supply evidence they were legal American workers.

These cases make more sense when you think things all the way through.

obama-arizona1.jpg

Folks it sounds like they were requiring brown workers ( lets remember a college has all types of workers like cooks and gardeners) to proove they were legal to work.

To be unbiased they would have to have all their employees PROOVE they are legal to work. That means they would have to required even their proffs to supply evidence they were legal American workers.

These cases make more sense when you think things all the way through.

I have always had to supply both a driver's license and social security card when hired. To teach I also had to be fingerprinted and had federal/state background checks. I doubt that any university staff would argue against proof of legality, unless they didn't want the position.

Forum List

Back