Scientists questioning Big Bang theory protest censorship of their work

I have an astronomer friend who told me years ago that unless your research is going to support the accepted status quo, you are refused any telescope time. The worlds telescopes are controlled by people with an agenda. That’s about as anti-science as you can get. This just supports what she said:

Scientists questioning Big Bang theory protest censorship of their work.
Nobody with a lick of sense thought that the corruption of science by politics was going to remain confined to the anthropocentric Goebbels warming hoax, did they?

This also raises the question: who are the real anti-intellectuals and science deniers?

This also raises the question: who are the real anti-intellectuals and science deniers?

Depends on which side of the divide you are on. Each side will give you a different answer. And both will probably be wrong

I have an astronomer friend who told me years ago that unless your research is going to support the accepted status quo, you are refused any telescope time. The worlds telescopes are controlled by people with an agenda. That’s about as anti-science as you can get. This just supports what she said:

Scientists questioning Big Bang theory protest censorship of their work.
As with any science...

Given enough compelling evidence and argument, it cannot be hidden or squashed.

So far, these two scientists have not made much headway, as their methods have been repeatedly dismantled by peer review.

That doesn't mean they don't have valid research now. But there are thousands of journals they can publish in. They are trying to publish before their work is reviewed (understandable, given the poor results of the peer review of some of their other work).

As with any science...

Given enough compelling evidence and argument, it cannot be hidden or squashed.

So far, these two scientists have not made much headway, as their methods have been repeatedly dismantled by peer review.

That doesn't mean they don't have valid research now. But there are thousands of journals they can publish in. They are trying to publish before their work is reviewed (understandable, given the poor results of the peer review of some of their other work).
Science is not about censorship and suppression of alternative ideas. I know that’s shocking news, but it’s true.

Science is not about censorship and suppression of alternative ideas. I know that’s shocking news, but it’s true.
But science is about peer review of methods. And they are complaining that they can't publish prior to peer review. Tough shit. Get your shit together and submit for review.

I’m not shocked you support the suppression of science to push a narrative.
And I am not shocked you have to lie to yourself out loud and prop up a strawman in order to have anything to say, even in your own thread.

Dude, you should pretty much never open your mouth about any scientific topic ever again.

And I am not shocked you have to lie to yourself out loud and prop up a strawman in order to have anything to say, even in your own thread.

Dude, you should pretty much never open your mouth about any scientific topic ever again.
Denying scientists access to equipment and facilities simply because their theories don’t align with the narrative is obviously a ‘science’ you support.

Denying scientists access to equipment and facilities simply because their theories don’t align with the narrative is obviously a ‘science’ you support.
Which isn't what happened here. This is you just pulling stuff out of your ass.

Furthermore, plenty of scientists are publishing challenges to notions of the big bang theory, and even challenges to accepted notions of gravity and ideas about dark matter.

But you got spoonfed a blog you don't even understand about these two guys and thought you dug up a golden turd.

Sad.

Which isn't what happened here. This is you just pulling stuff out of your ass.

Furthermore, plenty of scientists are publishing challenges to notions of the big bang theory, and even challenges to accepted notions of gravity and ideas about dark matter.

But you got spoonfed a blog you don't even understand about these two guys and thought you dug up a golden turd.

Sad.
Yeah, all those scientists put their careers in jeopardy by signing a complaint because…..

Yeah, all those scientists put their careers in jeopardy by signing a complaint because…..
24 of them signing something did not jeopardize their careers and also is just not very compelling. That's another lie you just pulled out of your ass.

Donyou even remember how not to lie? I don't think you do. Little boy lost.

They should build their own telescope ... $9.7 billion is what it costs government ... private industry should be able to do the same thing for half that price ... US tax dollars paid for the engineering, that makes the technology public domain ...

BTW ... these "scientists" published in a non-refereed journal "arXiv" ... the waiting list for time on the JWST might be reserved for actual science that will be published in actual scientific journals ... The National Enquirer will just have to wait, the good news is they can maybe slip in on Hubble now ...

Forum List

Back