Scientists find areas of brain responsible for spirituality...

Although Johnstone studied people with brain injury, previous studies of Buddhist meditators and Franciscan nuns with normal brain function have shown that people can learn to minimize the functioning of the right side of their brains to increase their spiritual connections during meditation and prayer.

So..... brain damage can be achieved via religious conditioning? :eusa_eh:

No, but it might help with yours.

:D

I was just restating what it said. I doubt that one even needs a fully functional right hemisphere to connect those dots :doubt:

So..... brain damage can be achieved via religious conditioning? :eusa_eh:

I was just restating what it said.

Bullshit and you know it.

I doubt that one even needs a fully functional right hemisphere to connect those dots :doubt:

You imagined most of the dots you say you connected.

Trolling is a standard past time for libtards, and most neutral observers see it for what it is, so have at it, dumbass.

JimBowie, how long are you going to pretend that being abusive to people is a valid way to communicate? Grow up.

JimBowie, how long are you going to pretend that being abusive to people is a valid way to communicate? Grow up.

Lol, you think using frank and honest language in response to your bullshit is 'abusive'?

That makes me laugh, then when I think of the shit I went through in basic, AIT, and NCOIC Academy at Ft Hood, I just bust out laughing.

Sweety, I haven't been one tenth as rude as I can be, and that is mostly because we are online.

You are obviously intelligent enough and informed enough to discuss these issues honestly and without twisting the plain intent of what is stated to you.

But you are too lazy, and lying is just so much easier I guess.

Tell you what, I'll stop using birdy language if you stop being a dishonest, pretentious prick.

How's that?

Lol, you think using frank and honest language in response to your bullshit is 'abusive'?

That makes me laugh, then when I think of the shit I went through in basic, AIT, and NCOIC Academy at Ft Hood, I just bust out laughing.

Sweety, I haven't been one tenth as rude as I can be, and that is mostly because we are online.

You are obviously intelligent enough and informed enough to discuss these issues honestly and without twisting the plain intent of what is stated to you.

Tell you what, I'll stop using birdy language if you stop being a dishonest, pretentious prick.

How's that?

You are an embarrassment to the 1st Cav. Congratulations.

I doubt that one even needs a fully functional right hemisphere to connect those dots :doubt:

Trolling is a standard past time for libtards, and most neutral observers see it for what it is, so have at it, dumbass.
jimbob a neutral observer? not fucking likely.
to an actual objective neutral observer it would appear quite rightly that jim bob and the other cons were desperately attempting to obscure any dissenting pov..
also the objective neutral observer would note that jimbob has some major behavioral issues..

How's that?

bet he flew a desk too.

How's that?

Lol, as if that meant anything.

How's that?

bet he flew a desk too.

That would be another stupid bet on your part, you loathesome liar.

I was 11B20.

The article LITERALLY juxtaposed religious practice with brain injury. All I did was state the obvious conclusion.

The article LITERALLY juxtaposed religious practice with brain injury. All I did was state the obvious conclusion.

There is nothing obvious about it. There is a correlation, but which causes which?

Where is your proof that these spiritual areas of the brain CAUSE a person to be spiritual instead of merely makes it easier for a person to conceptualize and accept.

How the brain operates is still a huge mystery and we don't know nearly enough to say that the mechanics in the brain causes all behavior or even most specifics like this one.

There was study that proved that human behavior could change the shape of the brain, and it used London cab drivers. The winding streets of London caused certain areas of the brain to get larger and the older cab drivers all had these exceptionally large areas.

Their brains did not CAUSE them to have a superior sense of navigation, but merely facilitated what was already there and made it more easy for them as it grew in response to their behavior.

bet he flew a desk too.

I was 11B20.

As part of the 1st/7th cavalry, stationed at Ft. Hood, right?

No, your designations are ambiguous.

At ft Hood I was part of the 1st or 2nd troop/7th cavalry regiment in the 1st Cav division.

I was also in the 2nd Armored div, 4th infantry div, and 8th ID HQ.

Why is this of so much interest to you?

I can give you my current address if you want.

I was 11B20.

At ft Hood I was part of the 1st or 2nd troop/7th cavalry regiment in the 1st Cav division.

Right. 1st Cav. That is what I said the first time. My brother was stationed there in the late 1970s.

Right. 1st Cav. That is what I said the first time.

lol, OK, 1st Cav regementdivision.

My brother was stationed there in the late 1970s.

Cool, what MOS?

Where is your proof that these spiritual areas of the brain CAUSE a person to be spiritual instead of merely makes it easier for a person to conceptualize and accept.

Well, that was what the OP seemed to be positing. But that wasn't what I concluded, indeed rather the opposite. To say that brain damage causes spirituality is not scientific, since spirituality is not a scientific description. The more obvious scientific conclusion is that the quest for so-called "spirituality" can lead to neurological trauma (as with the nuns in the example given)

Right. 1st Cav. That is what I said the first time.

lol, OK, 1st Cav regementdivision.

My brother was stationed there in the late 1970s.

Cool, what MOS?

I can't tell you exactly what his MOS designation was, but he worked on electronics, like radios, and tank electronics, stuff like that. He was a Spec 4. He served three years. He was there when they got their first M-1s tanks.

Did you skip reading in school?

I have consistently argued that everyone has free will, which is why I have the exact same level of contempt for studies that prove being gay is a mental disease.

On the other hand, you did make my point for me, thanks for that.
no but you must have .
this proves my point "I have consistently argued that everyone has free will"
that is true so much so it's morphed in a kinda of robo calling...

Yes, everyone has free will, even the people that deny it. You are what you are because of the choices you made in response to external factors that were beyond your control, even if you don't remember making those choices. Studies that show that gays can be cured are bullshit.

The reason I sound like a robocall is that idiots keep looking for evidence that it is not their fault.

You say that we all have free will, and I agree with you. Yet you claim that the notion that homosexuals can be cured is bullshit, or, actually, "tudies that show that gays can be cured are bullshit."

In your mind is their a difference in the meaning or intent of these two expressions?

I'm not looking for an argument, but clarification. The issue of nature/environment is complex and fascinating relative to the construct of free will, which I wholly embrace. Any help from you would be welcome.

Many former homosexuals would dispute the claim I think you're making (?), crediting God for a miraculous deliverance from homosexual attraction in response to their request that they be so transformed. Cured. Still other Christian converts who have come to understand that homosexuality is in fact emotionally and spiritually pathological choose not to engage in homosexual behavior (or more to the point, not to engage in any sexual activity outside of heterosexual matrimony in keeping with the teachings of Christ) and seek to change their inclinations via reparative therapy, either formally or informally. The politically correct party line of the gay rights agenda be damned. Many have been so transformed, happily and completely, for years.

These strike me as being real results of freely made decisions to change, and that the construct of free will and the notion of curative transformation are not mutually exclusive.

Perhaps this is precisely what you're getting at, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back