Scientist warn bananas could soon become extinct

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Experts say a special breed found in Madagascar could hold the key to keeping them alive. But there are only five known trees in existence. Scientists are racing to develop new banana varieties strong enough to survive Panama disease, which is a major threat to banana crops around the world. Because bananas are clones, the disease is able to spread very quickly from one to another.

Scientists warn bananas could soon become extinct
-----------------------------------------

Oh and i wonder why, well not really it's the rest of the populaiton who can't tell themselves why.

Experts say a special breed found in Madagascar could hold the key to keeping them alive. But there are only five known trees in existence. Scientists are racing to develop new banana varieties strong enough to survive Panama disease, which is a major threat to banana crops around the world. Because bananas are clones, the disease is able to spread very quickly from one to another.

Oh and i wonder why, well not really it's the rest of the populaiton who can't tell themselves why.
Ok, I'll ask.

Why?

Trump is behind this dasterdly plan to extinct our bananas!!!

Crap! There goes my banana-crème pies.

" it's the rest of the populaiton who can't tell themselves why." And there in is the nuts and bolts of MW.

Ok, I'll ask.

Why?
Bananas have died out once before – don’t let it happen again | Aeon Ideas

• Banned

Crap! There goes my banana-crème pies.

Hey seriously just think of all the goodies we would lose. Probably some GMO bs caused this. :2up:

• Banned

Ok, I'll ask.

Why?

Reading it would inform you . =)

Evolution

Ok, I'll ask.

Why?

I read it. Somehow I think you're "why" is not found in the article. So...why?

Evolution

Nawww I don't think that is a problem not as much as it is nut jobs creating food from bs that shouldn't exist, cross breeding, killing of bees, gawd we've crossed so many unethical moves with genetics both human , plant, and animals most people would not support half of it if they weren't fed the bs they are.

Ok, I'll ask.

Why?

I read it. Somehow I think you're "why" is not found in the article. So...why?

I already know why, it's most of the public who don't get why. That is why I said sarcastically " I wonder why" . I know why and I have my ideas.

Science tampers with everything they shouldn't

cross breed things they never should

everything " HAD" balance when you undo the balance you fk up the chain of life.

just like all the loons who think CRISPR is so wonderful lmfao..

GMOs and Global Food Security | Genetic Literacy Project

See how this site informs people. It glamorized the very bs that will kill us and other life sustaining plants / animals.

upload_2018-7-7_9-30-56.png

Last edited:
Any time you hear "experts" in an article, your radar needs to come up!

In the 70's in NYC, the "experts" determined that too many homeless were dying on subway tracks below the city. The subway trains were going too fast at 70mph. The experts determined slowing subway speeds to 55mph max would significantly reduce the number of deaths in the subway.

Well....it sure did but in the years after, due to the slower train speeds, people decided to take their cars to work resulting in thousands of more deaths in NYC roadways. The "experts" took bows for saving the lives of a couple of dozen vagrants over the course of a few years!!:aug08_031::aug08_031::aug08_031:

Any time you hear "experts" in an article, your radar needs to come up!

In the 70's in NYC, the "experts" determined that too many homeless were dying on subway tracks below the city. The subway trains were going too fast at 70mph. The experts determined slowing subway speeds to 55mph max would significantly reduce the number of deaths in the subway.

Well....it sure did but in the years after, due to the slower train speeds, people decided to take their cars to work resulting in thousands of more deaths in NYC roadways. The "experts" took bows for saving the lives of a couple of dozen vagrants over the course of a few years!!:aug08_031::aug08_031::aug08_031:
I think we all understand the lack of respect you have for expertise, and for education in general. But even the most simple, ignorant person should be somewhat compelled by the fact that scientists correctly predicted a nearly identical event a few decades ago.

Forum List

Back