Scientifically, Race Does Not Exist

In the decade since the decoding of the human genome, a growing wealth of data has made clear that these two positions, never at all likely to begin with, are simply incorrect. There is indeed a biological basis for race. And it is now beyond doubt that human evolution is a continuous process that has proceeded vigorously within the last 30,000 years and almost certainly — though very recent evolution is hard to measure — throughout the historical period and up until the present day.

New analyses of the human genome have established that human evolution has been recent, copious, and regional. Biologists scanning the genome for evidence of natural selection have detected signals of many genes that have been favored by natural selection in the recent evolutionary past. No less than 14% of the human genome, according to one estimate, has changed under this recent evolutionary pressure.

NYT Science Editor: Race Is Real

Bullshit.

If it's merely a social concept then why can I tell the difference between a Caucasian and a Negro from over 100 yards away? Why can a Medical Examiner discern the race of a corpse from simply examining their skeleton?
You cant tell the difference. Caucasian and Negro are labels...not facts. All of us are one race. The fact that we have genetic diversity doesnt make us different races.

The left love thinking groups of people are sub human, with themselves at the top of course. Very much like Hitler thought.
Sounds more like conservatives to me.
Race doesn't exist in Judeo Christian theology, only ones fixated on it are the left.

The left love thinking groups of people are sub human, with themselves at the top of course. Very much like Hitler thought.
Race doesn't exist in Judeo Christian theology, only ones fixated on it are the left.
How did the white christians come to believe that they were doing a good thing by enslaving Blacks if that is true? You do realize that some white christians are left dont you? Did you know the first documented slave ship was named The Good Ship Jesus?

I call bullshit. I don't think the differences matter, but there are differences. I mean, that is OBVIOUS.

How did the white christians come to believe that they were doing a good thing by enslaving Blacks if that is true? You do realize that some white christians are left dont you? Did you know the first documented slave ship was named The Good Ship Jesus?
Please learn to read. I stated race does not exist in Judeo Christian theology. As in the guiding document - the Bible.

BTW - slavery was not invented by whites. And it was Christianity that brought an end to slavery in the West. An estimated 12 million live in slavery today, primarily in Islamic nations.

Yup.

Solomon's wife was black.

Please learn to read. I stated race does not exist in Judeo Christian theology. As in the guiding document - the Bible.

BTW - slavery was not invented by whites. And it was Christianity that brought an end to slavery in the West. An estimated 12 million live in slavery today, primarily in Islamic nations.
Why did you state that when its not true? The bible mentions race all the time.

Yes slavery was invented by whites. Whites (Slavs) were the original slaves. Thats where the word comes from. No christianity didnt bring an end to slavery in the west. A war fought to keep the union intact brought a semi end to slavery. Slavery is actually still legal. Read your amendment for clarity.

Yes slavery was invented by whites. Whites (Slavs) were the original slaves. Thats where the word comes from. No christianity didnt bring an end to slavery in the west. A war fought to keep the union intact brought a semi end to slavery. Slavery is actually still legal. Read your amendment for clarity.
I always thought Egyptians started slavery

Yup.

I believe Solomon was Black as well.

I always thought Egyptians started slavery
What made you think that?

Yup.

I believe Solomon was Black as well.

I believe that you are nuts. I do not even know how to say the word "race" in Hebrew-------how is it expressed in the bible?

I'm not concerned with what you belive.

The fact you dont know how to say the word race in Hebrew is your issue. גֶזַע

How is race expressed in the bible? Try reading it and you will be able to figure it out.

Yes slavery was invented by whites. Whites (Slavs) were the original slaves. Thats where the word comes from. No christianity didnt bring an end to slavery in the west. A war fought to keep the union intact brought a semi end to slavery.

"Yes slavery was invented by whites."

Gads, you're a moron.

An uneducated, fixated moron.

Slavery existed in every society. It is the most basic of economic systems.
When private property does not exist, the only thing individuals can offer is themselves.

That's right: voluntary slavery, e.g., indentured servants.
  1. The first Africans brought in captivity to colonial Virginia in 1619 became indentured servants, like the white indentured servants who were common at that time. Both were released as free people after a set number of years. Maldwyn Allen Jones, “American Immigration,” p. 13, 32.
    1. How and when this changed to perpetual slavery for blacks is unclear, but by the 1640’s, Africans brought to Virginia no longer had indenture contracts. Yet as late as 1651, some Negroes whose period of indenture expired were still being assigned land for themselves, as were the white indentured servants. Franklin, “From Slavery to Freedom,” p. 71-72.
    2. 1647 Nathaniel Bacon born. Led Bacon’s Rebellion which united poor blacks and poor whites in Virginia to kill all Indians. Ruling class feared that such union might threaten them; hastened transition to racial slavery.
    3. The first explicit law passed in America that recognized slavery as a perpetual condition, extending to future offspring, appeared in 1661 in Virginia. Franklin, Ibid.

Yes slavery was invented by whites. Whites (Slavs) were the original slaves. Thats where the word comes from. No christianity didnt bring an end to slavery in the west. A war fought to keep the union intact brought a semi end to slavery.

"Yes slavery was invented by whites."

Gads, you're a moron.

An uneducated, fixated moron.

Slavery existed in every society. It is the most basic of economic systems.
When private property does not exist, the only thing individuals can offer is themselves.

That's right: voluntary slavery, e.g., indentured servants.
  1. The first Africans brought in captivity to colonial Virginia in 1619 became indentured servants, like the white indentured servants who were common at that time. Both were released as free people after a set number of years. Maldwyn Allen Jones, “American Immigration,” p. 13, 32.
    1. How and when this changed to perpetual slavery for blacks is unclear, but by the 1640’s, Africans brought to Virginia no longer had indenture contracts. Yet as late as 1651, some Negroes whose period of indenture expired were still being assigned land for themselves, as were the white indentured servants. Franklin, “From Slavery to Freedom,” p. 71-72.
    2. 1647 Nathaniel Bacon born. Led Bacon’s Rebellion which united poor blacks and poor whites in Virginia to kill all Indians. Ruling class feared that such union might threaten them; hastened transition to racial slavery.
    3. The first explicit law passed in America that recognized slavery as a perpetual condition, extending to future offspring, appeared in 1661 in Virginia. Franklin, Ibid.
Thanks for the semi history lesson but you forgot to mention that the Slavs were enslaved and thats where the word came from. Also you never provided any proof that whites didnt invent slavery which is pretty hard seeing as the word came from europe.

Forum List

Back