Science, Technology, Education, Infrastructure - How "smart" countries grow

R

rdean

If I had to take anything away from this election, it would be:

Science - Republicans believe science is a "faith" and the Grand Canyon was created by "Noah's Flood".

Technology - Republicans don't understand how technology is connected with education, science and infrastructure.

Education - Mitt Romney said we need fewer teachers and larger class size. Rick Santorum said education is for snobs. Republicans on this board have trashed education again and again. They seem to think education is "reading, writing, and arithmetic" and nothing else.

Infrastructure - Republicans believe it's a waste of money.

So when I ask these types of questions, USMB Republicans, the answer is always the same:

Liar

Then I say, "What am I lying about? Show me where I'm wrong". Then they say:

Liar

Then I say, "Well, what do you believe will help the economy?" Then they call me terrible names or say, "Go to Mitt's website and read his 5 talking points." Which of course, are "talking points".

Then I say, "What about the immigrants with degrees he want's to bring here?" and he wants to cut teachers.

Then they say:

Liar, he never said those things.

Then I link to his site:

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President

Where he talks about immigrants with degrees and I link to this video where he says he wants to cut teachers:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

You can try to talk to these Republicans, but it may be a waste. I believe the reason is, they know what Mitt Romney really is about and they just hate having a black president so much, they will do anything, no matter how it hurts them personally, to get a white president.
And the things they make up about Obama's record? So strange.

Considering the amount of money Mitt has invested in China, no way would he stand up to them. Considering he keeps his money overseas, one wonders if he has more money in China than this country.

So Republicans keep screaming for jobs. They did in the 2010 elections and then did almost nothing but try to block Obama and pass legislation on abortion.

So if Romney wins, what is it Republicans expect him to do? Seriously. Without Science, Technology, Education or Infrastructure, there is only "tax cuts". And clearly, they haven't worked.

For sure the strangest thing was Romney saying we need to invest in education overseas. Maybe not. He says he wants to bring immigrants with degrees here.

Uncle Ferd gonna get a smart phone dat helps him get womens...
:cool:
Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
February 01, 2013 - Imagine shopping for clothes online and being able to run your hand across the screen on your computer or smartphone to feel the fabrics. That kind of simulation technology could be available within the next five years.
“We’re talking about reinventing the way computers operate and you interact with them as humans,” says IBM Vice President Bernie Meyerson. Extending our sense of touch is one of five innovatons IBM believes will change the world in the next five years, according to the company's annual "Five in Five" list. Smart machines will also soon be able to listen to the environment and highlight the sounds we care about most. For instance, an advanced speech recognition system will tell new parents why their baby is crying. “Your child is hungry, versus ill, versus lonely," Meyerson says. "This kind of thing is not possible today, but with a sophisticated enough system, it’s actually possible.”

In the near future, personal computers will be able to do more than recognize images and visual data. Their built-in cameras will be able to analyze features such as colors, and understand the meaning of visual media, such as knowing how to sort family photos. Smart machines will also be able to smell. If you sneeze on your computer or cell phone, tiny sensors embedded in the machine will be able to analyze thousands of molecules in your breath. “It can give you an alarm and say; ‘Hey, you may not feel sick yet, but you have an infection, you must go see your doctor immediately,’” Meyerson says.

IBM scientists are also developing a system which can experience flavors to be used by chefs to create recipes. It breaks down ingredients to their molecular level and blends them to create the most popular flavors and smells, even as it helps us mind our waistlines. “It can recommend to you the food you love to taste, but it can also keep track of the caloric limits, whether you have limits on the fat or cholesterol you can eat," Meyerson says. "So it strikes that ideal balance between the best possible taste and the best possible nutritional outcome.”

One of the most impressive things about the IBM list, says Georgetown University computer science professor Mark Maloof, is how powerful these tiny,smart devices are becoming: "I think one of the surprises in that list is how a lot of very sophisticated computational methods for doing say for example, hearing and vision, have been implemented on these tiny small mobile devices." Maloof hopes the advances will encourage more students to study science, technology, engineering and math, preparing them to play a role in future innovations. “It’s going to be exciting to see what young people do with the increased availability of mobile platforms and networking and computing power,” he says. He believes there’s little doubt advances in computer technology over the next five years will make what now seems like science fiction a part of our everyday lives.

Source

If we can that we teach it to type "I hate Republicans" we can replace Deany with a Chimpanzee

Last edited:

Science - Republicans believe science is a "faith" and the Grand Canyon was created by "Noah's Flood".

Technology - Republicans don't understand how technology is connected with education, science and infrastructure.

Education - Mitt Romney said we need fewer teachers and larger class size. Rick Santorum said education is for snobs. Republicans on this board have trashed education again and again. They seem to think education is "reading, writing, and arithmetic" and nothing else.

So when I ask these types of questions, USMB Republicans, the answer is always the same:

Liar

You can try to talk to these Republicans, but it may be a waste. I believe the reason is, they know what Mitt Romney really is about and they just hate having a black president so much, they will do anything, no matter how it hurts them personally, to get a white president.

Moronic on so many levels. First, what "questions" are you asking? (Hint: Questions end with question marks.) Second, what things are "made up" about Obama's record? Are unending trillion dollar deficits made up? Third, the Race Card is getting a little frayed, don't you think?

Plus, we're still the number 1 economy in the world, and that's after Pelosi Reid and Obama have done everything to bring us down

Liar

Moronic on so many levels. First, what "questions" are you asking? (Hint: Questions end with question marks.) Second, what things are "made up" about Obama's record? Are unending trillion dollar deficits made up? Third, the Race Card is getting a little frayed, don't you think?

So if Romney wins, what is it Republicans expect him to do?

I guess you missed that one.

Liar

Liar

Then I say, "Well, what do you believe will help the economy?" Then they call me terrible names or say, "Go to Mitt's website and read his 5 talking points." Which of course, are "talking points".

Then I say, "What about the immigrants with degrees he want's to bring here?" and he wants to cut teachers.

Then they say:

Then I link to his site:

Where he talks about immigrants with degrees and I link to this video where he says he wants to cut teachers:

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

Considering the amount of money Mitt has invested in China, no way would he stand up to them. Considering he keeps his money overseas, one wonders if he has more money in China than this country.

So Republicans keep screaming for jobs. They did in the 2010 elections and then did almost nothing but try to block Obama and pass legislation on abortion.

So if Romney wins, what is it Republicans expect him to do? Seriously. Without Science, Technology, Education or Infrastructure, there is only "tax cuts". And clearly, they haven't worked.

Let's put Democrats in charge of education in this country and all will be well.

If only the Democrats had been in charge of the Chicago Public Schools, this city wouldn't have done such a horrible job. Graduating millions of black students who can't read or right. Dooming them for a life of menial jobs or welfare. If only Democrats had been in charge and followed your advice.

Plus, we're still the number 1 economy in the world, and that's after Pelosi Reid and Obama have done everything to bring us down

Like those two unpaid for wars, that enormous deficit creating tax cut that went mostly to the rich, the deregulation that led to a disastrous recession and all the support to the Chamber of Commerce that helped move millions of jobs to China.

Oh wait, that was Republicans. And they needed to use reconciliation three times to pass their agenda.

Those are the FACTS, not malicious, unsubstantiated accusations.

Liar

Liar

Then they say:

Then I link to his site:

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

Let's put Democrats in charge of education in this country and all will be well.

If only the Democrats had been in charge of the Chicago Public Schools, this city wouldn't have done such a horrible job. Graduating millions of black students who can't read or right. Dooming them for a life of menial jobs or welfare. If only Democrats had been in charge and followed your advice.

Chicago graduated millions of black students who can't read or write? Millions? The entire city is only three million.

Unfortunately, Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the US. In that way, it is very similar to the Deep South which also boasts high drop out rates and illiteracy. And not just among blacks.

Liar

Liar

Then they say:

Then I link to his site:

Chicago graduated millions of black students who can't read or write? Millions? The entire city is only three million.

Unfortunately, Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the US. In that way, it is very similar to the Deep South which also boasts high drop out rates and illiteracy. And not just among blacks.

Chicago graduated millions of black students who can't read or write? Millions?

You're right, about half drop out before graduation.
I guess we need more Dems in positions of power here.
Control of the city for the last 80 years just hasn't been enough for their educational plans to be fully implemented.

Control of the city for the last 80 years just hasn't been enough for their educational plans to be fully implemented.

Democrats are a coalition party. Republicans are not. Remember "No Child Left Behind"? It never happened. It was unfunded, a ruse. Democrats worked with Republicans to do something and Republicans scuttled it. Again. They ruin everything and then say "See, Democrats are inept". Look at the debt. Republicans created it, and then block any effort to lower it, then blame it not being lowered on the Democrats. Same old story.

Can you believe these right wingers are actually arguing against Science, Technology, Education, and Infrastructure investment???? What is their plan??? Live in caves?

Democrats are a coalition party. Republicans are not. Remember "No Child Left Behind"? It never happened. It was unfunded, a ruse. Democrats worked with Republicans to do something and Republicans scuttled it. Again. They ruin everything and then say "See, Democrats are inept". Look at the debt. Republicans created it, and then block any effort to lower it, then blame it not being lowered on the Democrats. Same old story.

Remember "No Child Left Behind"? It never happened.

You're right, the Chicago school system was a success before Ted Kennedy wrote the "No Child Left Behind" legislation.

Can you believe these right wingers are actually arguing against Science, Technology, Education, and Infrastructure investment???? What is their plan??? Live in caves?

Can you believe these right wingers are actually arguing against Science, Technology, Education, and Infrastructure investment????

It worked in Chicago, right?

Can you believe these right wingers are actually arguing against Science, Technology, Education, and Infrastructure investment????

I live in Chicago. I like it. It has some of the best universities in the country, not to mention such educational institutions as the Museum of Science and Industry. The largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.

Welcome to The Museum of Science and Industry

Ooh, that's gotta hurt.

Or you could visit the Field Museum:

Welcome to The Field Museum | The Field Museum

And learn about evolution.

Ooh, that's gotta hurt even more.

I live in Chicago. I like it. It has some of the best universities in the country, not to mention such educational institutions as the Museum of Science and Industry. The largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.

Welcome to The Museum of Science and Industry

Ooh, that's gotta hurt.

Or you could visit the Field Museum:

Welcome to The Field Museum | The Field Museum

And learn about evolution.

Ooh, that's gotta hurt even more.

I live in Chicago. I like it. It has some of the best universities in the country, not to mention such educational institutions as the Museum of Science and Industry.

Yes, and none of it can be traced to wasteful "investment" in public education.

Forum List

Back