Science, R&D and Infrastructure

We should fund them right and start competing with China, India, Germany, etc.
My point is that you're always bemoaning the republicans for not supporting these things.

Each link takes you to a list of bills for each category
the only problem, the infrastructure bill has a kill Oblamacare amendment...
Every bill should.
Why? Don't you want Americans to have health care?
I want Americans to have healthcare OPTIONS
Which you can get from exchanges. Have you ever called one?

My point is that you're always bemoaning the republicans for not supporting these things.

the only problem, the infrastructure bill has a kill Oblamacare amendment...
Every bill should.
Why? Don't you want Americans to have health care?
Yes. That's why Husseincare needs to go.

"We"?......Government is the main roadblock to the private sector investing in all of these things.....The LAST thing this country needs is a bunch of federal buffoon bureaucrats fucking up the future of this nation.....Government needs to get the hell out of the way....

I would love to hear Matthew respond honestly to that post too.
Matthew just emits spittle in his rants......Little else.

Defunding everything is stupid. You emit nothing else besides crap that seeks to harm this nation.

Defunding everything is stupid. You emit nothing else besides crap that seeks to harm this nation.
The private sector has done more in the past five years than fed-funded NASA in the past twenty

Rome built roads
Greece spent tax dollars to build great buildings and art
China funded roads, science and tech as early as the tong empire or earlier.
Spain funded funded exploration and trade outpost throughout the world.

Every great civilization taxed and did great things..Yet, you want us to starve our institutions of science and let our roads fall apart? Yet, you think you're being reasonable?? haha!

The private sector has done more in the past five years than fed-funded NASA in the past twenty

I support both sectors! Nasa has done great things with advancing our knowledge of the universe. Of course, you don't think knowledge and advancement of our society is important.

Also it is doubtful we'd know one tenth of what we know of extrasolar planets and rocket deign if it wasn't for nasa. fact.

I support both sectors! Nasa has done great things with advancing our knowledge of the universe. Of course, you don't think knowledge and advancement of our society is important.
Yes it's important.
Only a real idiot would think otherwise.

I just don't want to spend government prices for something I can get thats better and cheaper

Nasa is the only one that has sent probes to mars, asteroid belt, jupiter, saturn, pluto, etc. Musk for all his talk hasn't done more then send a few supply rockets to the iss.

Nasa has funded extrasolar and space telescopes that have done a hell of a lot more to advance our knowledge then the private sector. I'll be very happy when the private sector can do one tenth of what nasa has done. ;) More science and exploration the better!

What you do is start taking a serious look at the bills. Then you do a Google search using the name of the bill and add the word "summary". What Republicans are really good at is naming bills with names like "Patriot Act" that has nothing to do with patriotism. You have to really read the summary, at least, of the bill to know what it does.

Take a look at Democratic Bills, it's usually about building stuff or education.

S. 1187: America Implementing New National Opportunities To Vigorously Accelerate Technology, Energy, and Science Act
Sponsor: Sen. Chris Coons [D-DE]
Introduced: May 4, 2015
Referred to Committee: May 4, 2015

S. 1243: Grid Modernization Act of 2015
Sponsor: Sen. Maria Cantwell [D-WA]
Introduced: May 7, 2015
Referred to Committee: May 7, 2015

H.R. 591: Engineering Biology Research and Development Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep. Eddie Johnson [D-TX30]
Introduced: Jan 28, 2015
Referred to Committee: Jan 28, 2015

S. 797: Railroad Infrastructure Financing Improvement Act
Sponsor: Sen. Cory Booker [D-NJ]
Introduced: Mar 19, 2015
Referred to Committee: Mar 19, 2015

S. 268: Rebuild America Act of 2015
Sponsor: Sen. Bernard “Bernie” Sanders [I-VT]
Introduced: Jan 27, 2015
Referred to Committee: Jan 27, 2015

Take a look at Republican bills. Finding one with development, improvement or building is rare. Even when they say they are about development or building. Don't just look at the title Find out what the bill actually is about.

H.R. 240: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Sponsor: Rep. Harold “Hal” Rogers [R-KY5]
Introduced: Jan 9, 2015
Enacted — Signed by the President: Mar 4, 2015

S. 272: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Sponsor: Sen. Jeanne Shaheen [D-NH]
Introduced: Jan 27, 2015
Reported by Committee: Jan 28, 2015

S. 227: Strengthening Education through Research Act
Sponsor: Sen. Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
Introduced: Jan 21, 2015
Reported by Committee: Feb 4, 2015

H.R. 3128: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2016
Sponsor: Rep. John Carter [R-TX31]
Introduced: Jul 21, 2015
Reported by Committee: Jul 21, 2015

You get an A for effort in cherry picking what you like. 90 percent of the Democrat party and 75 percent of the GOP are off the wall to begin with.

The definition of harm?...When government is permitted to take from the private sector and enrich itself under the name of "we know what's best for you"...
Matty. show me a federal program that gets its work done on time and within budget.....

Also it is doubtful we'd know one tenth of what we know of extrasolar planets and rocket deign if it wasn't for nasa. fact.
No..I am a huge supporter of our space program....Obama should have been ( in a figurative sense) hung from a yard arm for cancelling the Shuttle program....Our space program now depends upon a ideological enemy for support.
Fuck Russia.

Rome built roads
Greece spent tax dollars to build great buildings and art
China funded roads, science and tech as early as the tong empire or earlier.
Spain funded funded exploration and trade outpost throughout the world.

Every great civilization taxed and did great things..Yet, you want us to starve our institutions of science and let our roads fall apart? Yet, you think you're being reasonable?? haha!
All of which can be done without confiscatory taxes. What is it you want anyway? And don't reply with "investment in infrastructure science and technology...That doesn't cut it...Be specific. Examples.

You can't prove that because it's not true. So much of what the private sector has done is because of help from NASA. Remember, Republicans started NASA before they before they became brain damaged.

No..I am a huge supporter of our space program....Obama should have been ( in a figurative sense) hung from a yard arm for cancelling the Shuttle program....Our space program now depends upon a ideological enemy for support.
Fuck Russia.
That is totally bullshit. You can't possibly be that ignorant.

Unsung private space industry milestone met Column

Quit being such a dick. Learn something.

You can't prove that because it's not true. So much of what the private sector has done is because of help from NASA. Remember, Republicans started NASA before they before they became brain damaged.
Nearly every article I find, I see private investment out-weighing NASA
Investments from the likes of SpaceX and Virgin Galactic are set to top $10 billion

Now I find that NASA's budget is getting a Billion dollar bump....

So, how is it AGAIN that we're not investing in Science??

Forum List

Back