*Science Finds *God Particle*: Changes Everything**

Sorry bout that,

I can only guess why it is sometimes called that.

If that mechanism is that which gives fundamental particles their mass, it sort of makes some kind of metaphoric sense to describe it as GOD, I suppose.

And GOD said let there be MASS.

It's called that as a play on words meaning that the particle itself is where Mass originates, not God. It's spoofing the idea of God.

Yes I understand that which is exactly why I think its a good metaphoric way of describing it.

If this theory turns out to be true that the existence of matter is the result of tyhis phenomena (I hestiate to call this a thing, it seems more like an event, to be honest) .

And what is GOD supposed to have done?

Create the universe our of nothingness.

Particles WITHOUT mass sure in hell seem to nothingness to me.

I'm not saying this "proves" the existence of GOD, merely that it works as a mataphor for creation.

If one can PROVE the existence of GOD?

Then one has just disproved everything believers think they know about GOD.

You DO understand that, right?

1. What this does prove is that *God* is *IN* *Everything*.
2. So if he is within *Everything*, then he owns *Everything*, and without *God* being in *Everything*, theres nothing left.
3. So if you are not with *God*, who is *IN* *Everything*, then your in is without, and in *NOTHING*. Sounds like a perfect reference to those unsaved virgins who never came knocking on the door of Christ, and when it was too late, the door couldn't be opened for them, too late, your out.
4. So choose carefully *atheist science boys*.:eek:
5. Oh and I forgot,.*CHECKMATE*!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

No, no it's not killing us atheists.

Read the other posts in this thread, the term god particle has nothing to do with your christian god, not in the slightest bit.

We atheists embrace all legitimate science, science is the main reason we're atheist. We don't pick and choose which science to believe based on what our religious books say.

1. How can it not be killing you atheists?:confused:
2. This has to be ruining everything you believe.
3. Well what you do not believe in, that is, in *GOD*.
4. Seems like God will force you to acknowledge him whether you like it or not!:lol:
5. Thats gotta suck real bad eh atheists?:clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Yah, run because you know you can't win this debate!
2. Run for the hills!
3, *GOD*, is in everything, and you can't remove *GOD* from reality!
4. This is fun, all the atheists are dumb founded on what to say!
5. I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

No, no it's not killing us atheists.

Read the other posts in this thread, the term god particle has nothing to do with your christian god, not in the slightest bit.

We atheists embrace all legitimate science, science is the main reason we're atheist. We don't pick and choose which science to believe based on what our religious books say.

1. How can it not be killing you atheists?:confused:
2. This has to be ruining everything you believe.
3. Well what you do not believe in, that is, in *GOD*.
4. Seems like God will force you to acknowledge him whether you like it or not!:lol:
5. Thats gotta suck real bad eh atheists?:clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1.) Because it doesn't prove a God, or more important the specific God you've chosen to worship from the list of man thought up gods.
2.) It's not a belief, there is no proof of God, so I don't believe in a god. If science proves there's a god I'll have no problem switching to a believer in god.
3.) Don't even know what you meant by that.
4.) I have no moral issue believing in a god, there's just no proof of it. Again especially no proof of your specific God.
5.) What if you're right, this is proof of a god, and it turns out to be Allah? That would suck a lot more for you than it would me. I at least could say I haven't spent a lifetime worshipping the wrong one.

You can say you won, I remember when I used to make such proclamations out on the playground when I was an insecure child.

The Higgs boson has nothing to do with the existence of the Divine and that isn't why it's called the "God Particle."

Maybe not particle,but how bout the God factor ?

Non-living matter becoming living matter, seems to be the only logical explanation is the God factor.

Gopd get credit for all that is good and all the bad stuff is blamed on the devil.
Where does personal responsibility fit in?

Gopd get credit for all that is good and all the bad stuff is blamed on the devil.

Oh but i believe in freewill,i don't use the devil as an excuse when i do something wrong.

There is such a thing as evil humans.

Oh but i believe in freewill,i don't use the devil as an excuse when i do something wrong.

There is such a thing as evil humans.

Good for you. but many are not like you.

It is a shame that many profess to being a believer but yet have not found it in their hearts to reason from the scriptures.

God is not at this time choosing who will live and die if that were the case the evil would be no more.

Again never been to a funeral where you hear that we cannot understand why god took them but he had a purpose type of stuff?

Yes i have and i just chalk it up to an ignorance of the scriptures.

Most religions are a product of man not God and that is why there is no unity because it was not a religion created by God.

Jesus made the choice simple,he will fix things when the time is right.

Higgs boson IF and I repete IF it has been found has nothing to do with wether god exsist or not.

The god thing is a nickname

Sorry bout that,

Higgs boson IF and I repete IF it has been found has nothing to do with wether god exsist or not.

Don't waste your breath. CWN's brain is smaller and more elusive than the "God" particle.

1. So *kwc57*, you admit there is a *God Particle*?
2. Seeing you do, you believe in God.
3. An Atheist who just got pawned by God.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Don't waste your breath. CWN's brain is smaller and more elusive than the "God" particle.

1. So *kwc57*, you admit there is a *God Particle*?
2. Seeing you do, you believe in God.
3. An Atheist who just got pawned by God.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do I believe in God? Well of course I do. I have a degree in Religion from a Southern Baptist University and spent some time in the ministry. The issue here is that you don't understand what scientists CALL the "God: particle. It has nothing to actually do with God or proving God.

Forum List

Back