Schwarzenegger to U.S.: State may need $7-billion loan

Schwartz sleeps with the Democrats. They have run California literally into the ground.

Schwartz sleeps with the Democrats. They have run California literally into the ground.

Congrats to all of us outside California... We are soon going to be paying their bills as well as our own.

Great.. another republican needs to be bailed out...

FYI -

California State Legislature: Information from Answers.com

The California State Legislature currently has a Democratic majority, with the Senate consisting of 25 Democrats and 15 Republicans; and the Assembly having 48 Democrats and 32 Republicans. Except for a brief period from 1995 to 1996, the Assembly has been in Democratic hands since the 1970 election (even while the governor's office has gone back and forth between Republicans and Democrats). The Senate has been in Democratic hands continuously since 1970.

What can I say, (as a Californian resident)? One thing I can think of?

At least federal money would be helping one of the "United States", just like yours. And not dumping money into a war with no end or vicotry in sight, or bailing out a HUGE business that over extended credit to people they knew could not afford to pay it back ... while sticking the money, they did get back, into the CEO's pocket. :eusa_eh:

:doubt:

What can I say, (as a Californian resident)? One thing I can think of?

At least federal money would be helping one of the "United States", just like yours. And not dumping money into a war with no end or vicotry in sight, or bailing out a HUGE business that over extended credit to people they knew could not afford to pay it back ... while sticking the money, they did get back, into the CEO's pocket. :eusa_eh:

:doubt:

That's the kind of comments we expect out of a California lib... "Who cares if we need someone to take care of us?" :clap2:

Instead of addressing the problems in California just deflect it to some other liberal talking point....Thanks CA.

That's the kind of comments we expect out of a California lib... "Who cares if we need someone to take care of us?" :clap2:

Instead of addressing the problems in California just deflect it to some other liberal talking point....Thanks CA.

:eusa_eh: But it is okay for our California tax money to go for help to states that get hit with hurricane's every year? Silly me! I thought that states help each other ... but then I should have expected a comment like this from someone like you .... not to get it! :cool:

Last edited:
Gavin Newsome was on the TV just the other night wrinkling his little lips saying how wonderful San Fran was.... idiot.

:eusa_eh: But it is okay for our California tax money to go for help to states that get hit with hurricane's every year? Silly me! I thought that states help each other ... but then I should have expected a comment like this from someone like you .... not to get it! :cool:

How did California come to have a 7 billion dollar shortfall? Serious question.

California has almost 40 million people. The state is too big. They should divide CA in half literally at the center. LA and SD in one state. SF and OAK in another. They did it when Dakota was formed... they called it north and south dakota.

How did California come to have a 7 billion dollar shortfall? Serious question.

I don't have an answer for you. But to quote Sarah Palin ...
"I look into that for ya, and get back to ya" :)

I do agree that California has too many people and them splitting into 2 halves would work just fine for me. But the truth is ... if we could have sold our home 2 years ago ... we would have done it ... and be living in Washington State ... where we wanted to go. :doubt: And would be very happy retired campers. :eusa_angel:

I don't have an answer for you. But to quote Sarah Palin ...
"I look into that for ya, and get back to ya" :)

I do agree that California has too many people and them splitting into 2 halves would work just fine for me. But the truth is ... if we could have sold our home 2 years ago ... we would have done it ... and be living in Washington State ... where we wanted to go. :doubt: And would be very happy retired campers. :eusa_angel:

well, that's a good honest answer, better than trying to bullshit her way through.

my sis, and my brother both live there, it is very expensive. How much is your state tax? I know Arnold threatened to put all the state workers on minimum wage if a budget wasn't worked out. Did that happen? What part do you live in? they are in Santa Barbara County.

well, that's a good honest answer, better than trying to bullshit her way through.

my sis, and my brother both live there, it is very expensive. How much is your state tax? I know Arnold threatened to put all the state workers on minimum wage if a budget wasn't worked out. Did that happen? What part do you live in? they are in Santa Barbara County.

We live in Central California .... just about smack dab in the center. This might help, but we have city taxes added on to state taxes just like all of you do too. California Tax Service Center - Homepage

We just go our power bill that will be due next month. The bill was over $360.00 for one month. The area we live in get's real warm (days 90' to over 100' - few days up near 110' in the summer) so due to health issues we have to run our A/C a lot - along with over head fans in each room for the early morning and evenings. In the wintertime that bill goes down - but then the gas bill goes up for heating and runs about the same, to heat our home. It is a modest sized home 1500 sq. ft. but a good size for two of us.

I'm not bitching ... because I am sure we are all in the same boat ... but when it comes to what our Governor is trying to get the loan for has to do more with "running the state". Yes, he is a Republican and yes we voted for him. He assured us that "things will change" when he was elected ... and he was right. It has gotten worse! :doubt: They all lie to get voted into office - everyone of them!!! :(

As I said if we could have been able to sell we would have left her two years ago - that was our plan. But now for us to sell our home for what we can "get" out of it, (similiar homes in our town are now selling for what we paid for ours 15 years ago - that is if you can sell it. The house across the street from us has sat vacant now for 2 years - not one offer on it), would not even allow us to get something close to it ... buying in Washington state. :doubt:

Forum List

Back