Schools: The liberal idiocracy puts their stupidity on display

4. Perhaps, I jumped the gun somewhat on calling this 'liberal idiocy' but one has to admit that it is general liberal idiocy that enables these school massacres to occur.
Right. School massacres are the fault of liberals. Everything bad is the fault of liberals. You hate liberals. We got it.

it is liberal idiocy that brought us

the notion that people are safe in a gun free zone

Okay, so here's a question. Why aren't the gunmen being charged with a felony? After all, it is a felony to bring a gun onto school property.

They had school admin permission. So, I don't think it is. But surely, one would think that pointing a gun at someone and firing it at someone w/o their consent would be illegal even if the rounds weren't live.

I applaud the school for their proactive outlook upon safety.

Of course you do. Now that I've pointed out the local politics are predominantly Republican.

1. You conveniently cut out the part of the quote in which I also condemned the drill as being ludicrous.
2. You have alleged that the town is predominantly Republican. I take you at your word. But that doesn't make the faculty or administration predominantly Republican.
3. From the start, I noted the principal's conservative outlook.
4. Perhaps, I jumped the gun somewhat on calling this 'liberal idiocy' but one has to admit that it is general liberal idiocy that enables these school massacres to occur. Gunmen wouldn't be going all open season on these children if they knew they'd be blasted post haste.
With 76 million students in school and an average of 8 students/year who die from murder by intruders, a student is more likely to die from a lighting bolt. On average 17 die in playground accidents, over 10 in school bus accidents,....... There are better ways to spend 5 to 10 billion than putting armed guards in the schools.

Of course you do. Now that I've pointed out the local politics are predominantly Republican.

1. You conveniently cut out the part of the quote in which I also condemned the drill as being ludicrous.
2. You have alleged that the town is predominantly Republican. I take you at your word. But that doesn't make the faculty or administration predominantly Republican.
4. Perhaps, I jumped the gun somewhat on calling this 'liberal idiocy' but one has to admit that it is general liberal idiocy that enables these school massacres to occur. Gunmen wouldn't be going all open season on these children if they knew they'd be blasted post haste.
With 76 million students in school and an average of 8 students/year who die from murder by intruders, a student is more likely to die from a lighting bolt. On average 17 die in playground accidents, over 10 in school bus accidents,....... There are better ways to spend 5 to 10 billion than putting armed guards in the schools.

Are you suggesting that money could be spent preventing lighting bolts?

everyday there is a new one to post

today

a 2nd grader suspended

for holding a pencil like a gun

Seven-year-old Christopher Marshall says he was playing with another student in class Friday, when the teacher at Driver Elementary asked them to stop pointing pencils at each other.

“When I asked him about it, he said, ‘Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy,’” said Paul Marshall, the boy’s father. “It’s as simple as that.”

Christopher’s father was a Marine for many years. He thinks school leaders overreacted.

“A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made,” said Bethanne Bradshaw, a spokesperson for Suffolk Public Schools.

The Suffolk school system has a “zero tolerance policy” when it comes to weapons. And, Bradshaw admits, that policy has tightened up in recent years because of widely publicized school shootings.

Boy who held pencil like gun suspended | WAVY.com | Suffolk, Va.

everyday there is a new one to post

today

a 2nd grader suspended

for holding a pencil like a gun

Seven-year-old Christopher Marshall says he was playing with another student in class Friday, when the teacher at Driver Elementary asked them to stop pointing pencils at each other.

“When I asked him about it, he said, ‘Well I was being a Marine and the other guy was being a bad guy,’” said Paul Marshall, the boy’s father. “It’s as simple as that.”

Christopher’s father was a Marine for many years. He thinks school leaders overreacted.

“A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made,” said Bethanne Bradshaw, a spokesperson for Suffolk Public Schools.

The Suffolk school system has a “zero tolerance policy” when it comes to weapons. And, Bradshaw admits, that policy has tightened up in recent years because of widely publicized school shootings.

Boy who held pencil like gun suspended | WAVY.com | Suffolk, Va.

They did that to my son when he was in junior high. According to one kid, he pointed his pencil at the back of another kid and made jabbing motions. Like no one ever did that before....wonder what they'd have done if he rolled his eyes at the teacher, jail, probably.

Making playgrounds safer would make a lot more sense than spending billions to put armed guards in schools. Last year there were 6 K-12 schools out of approximately 100,000 that had shootings inside the school. If we had armed guards in all schools, most of them would end up working truancy and running down school thefts.

Last edited:

Making playgrounds safer would make a lot more sense than spending billions to put armed guards in schools. Last year there were 6 K-12 schools out of approximately 100,000 that had shootings inside the school. If we had armed guards in all schools, most of them would end up working truancy and running down school thefts.

How safe do you wanna make them? They already don't have swings. When I was a kid, the monkey bars were 14 feet high over a slab of cement, today they are 5 feet high over 12 inches of foam. The whole playground is fenced. No teeter totters, no slides, no swings, no merry go rounds....how safe do you want those things? No wonder today's kids prefer playing video games to playing on the play ground.

How safe do you wanna make them? They already don't have swings. When I was a kid, the monkey bars were 14 feet high over a slab of cement, today they are 5 feet high over 12 inches of foam. The whole playground is fenced. No teeter totters, no slides, no swings, no merry go rounds....how safe do you want those things? No wonder today's kids prefer playing video games to playing on the play ground.
I didn't say we should spend more on playgrounds, I just said it would make more sense than throwing away billions on armed guards in schools.

An armed guard in most schools would be assigned duties that have little or nothing to do with protecting students and staff from attack. It would be a waste of money. Most schools with high incidences of violent crime have security guards or school resource officers already assigned to them.

Forum List

Back