Schools Should Not promote heterosexuality!!!!

While I agree they shouldn't promote anything, equating it with a play like that is just lame.

The vast majority of literature, by default, "promotes" heterosexuality - so by this school czar's own admitted criteria, this literature is engaged in an unsound practice.

Total bollocks - another nutter courtesy of the Obama administration...

While I agree they shouldn't promote anything, equating it with a play like that is just lame.

The vast majority of literature, by default, "promotes" heterosexuality - so by this school czar's own admitted criteria, this literature is engaged in an unsound practice.

Total bollocks - another nutter courtesy of the Obama administration...

Not really, but it is still art and should not be used in political agendas at all. While art can have political meaning it is rarely the purpose of the art form. I hate it when politicians of any sort put more meaning into something than it has. The focal points of Romeo et. Juliette isn't about sex or even relationships, but they are pulling that to the fore front. However the problem didn't start there, this is more like backlash for something started earlier about them "promoting homosexuality" during health classes, it's the same stupid shit just different angle.

Heterosexual is the rule.

Homosexual is the exception.

It saddens me how many homos can't seem make their peace with this.

Not so much anymore. If you want majority rules then, combining us who support the freedoms of gay people, it's about even and shifting everyday. ;)

I have always been very open minded about homosexuality and have a few gay friends. I thought it was the CONSENSUS amongst gays at least, that homosexuality is NOT A CHOICE!!! People are born gay. You can see it in very young children. Why on earth would a gay person accuse anyone of CHOOSING HETEROSEXUALITY? They too are born that way.

He is not only sleazy. I think he may be retarded as well, and an embarrassment to his rainbow tribe.

This is what he actually said:

First of all, we all know what’s really promoted in our schools: Heterosexuality is promoted in our schools. Every time kids read Romeo and Juliet or they’re encouraged to go to the prom or whatever is it is, kids are aggressively recruited to be heterosexual in this country.

And you know what? It doesn’t work. The reality is that if schools could affect your sexual orientation there would have been no gay people in the first place. But there [are] still people out there who believe that myth, because you know what? It’s easy to panic people if you make them think that they’re after you’re kids.

I'd like to see the rest of the transcript, I have the idea this is more crap taken out of context.

He is correct, IMO, in saying that schools don't affect your sexual orientation.

He is correct, IMO, in saying that schools don't affect your sexual orientation.

I agree.

But he is wrong when he says they aggressively recruit heteros. That's not only contradictory to the above, it's just plain ignorant.

I agree.

But he is wrong when he says they aggressively recruit heteros. That's not only contradictory to the above, it's just plain ignorant.
Seriously? What are you backing that up with. In our country, heterosexuality is aggressively pushed and if you can't see that you're some kind of moron.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course. I think the rest of his speech is probably alluding to demonizing gays that is also done rather aggressively in our country and most others.

THe schools should not be in the business of promoting values, that is a parent's job.

The schools should be providing unbiased knowledge and not personal values. Its just wrong either way. Promoting hetros, promoting gays, promoting jesus, promoting atheism...school is not the place for any of that.

I agree.

Exactly - he promotes a "gay friendly" agenda in our public schools while at the same time denouncing an "aggressive" heterosexual agenda.

And his use of Romeo and Juliet is to the point - any story with a male and female within a romantic story is seen as "recruiting".

And yes, most of literature is, by default, heterosexual in nature. Thus, this Safe School Czar, is attacking almost the entire cannon of literature - to be replaced with what?

He is an absolute homosexual-agenda driven nutter.

And I say that as one who has worked alongside all kinds in the education community - and this kind of rhetoric by this gentleman is extreme even by traditional liberal standards...

It'd really be a good thing if you'd produce his entire speech, but I know you won't, because you're a fucked in the head partisan hack.

I found a little more of it:

“I find it amazing this is on the ballot for a couple reasons. First of all, we all know whats really promoted in most schools, heterosexuality is promoted in most schools. Every time kids read Romeo and Juliet or their version of the prom or whatever it is, kids are aggressively recruited to be heterosexual in this country, and you know what, it doesn’t work. The reality is is that if schools could effect your orientation there would have been no gay people in the first place. But there’s still people out there who believe that myth because you know what, its easy to panic people if you make them think that their after your kids.”

What was on the ballot that he was referring to?

gay people should take their kink or fetish of homosexuality and keep it to themselves and away from children and stop pretending it is anything else..a gay person is no diffrent than some heterosexual who likes to hire whores..ware diapers or get pissed on..or all kinds of other such weirdness ..which is just fine as long as you dont run around trying to present it as something more than it is...a personal sexual quirk..

You know........if a school did a play, with Romeo and Juliet BOTH being played by members of the same gender, all the Christians would scream bloody murder, as they would see something like that as a "recruiting tool for gays".

This dude is just putting it on the other foot. And, although it brings up an interesting perspective, saying that a love story is a hetero recruiting tool is total bullshit.

Although.........if any school puts on the play Romeo and Juliet, to balance things out, the next play has to be "Brokeback Mountain".

I agree.

Seriously? What are you backing that up with. In our country, heterosexuality is aggressively pushed and if you can't see that you're some kind of moron.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course. I think the rest of his speech is probably alluding to demonizing gays that is also done rather aggressively in our country and most others.

I disagree.

Normal human behavior does not qualify as "aggressive recruitment." And if you can't see that you're some kind of retard.

In related news, career criminals lament the current school curriculum's aggresive recruitment for law abididing citizenry. :lol:

Forum List

Back