Should schools teach that homosexuality is bad?

Discussion in 'Education' started by xotoxi, Oct 7, 2009.

1. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Should schools teach that homosexuality is bad?

And along the same lines, if a student is gay, what should school policy be in order to properly deal with them?

Should the teachers make an example of the gay student and let all the other students know that if they were to chose homosexuality, they may end up like him?

2. REVxERIK

REVxERIK CLASSIC LIBERAL

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    your sexual orietntaion shouldn't come up in school anyway and how do you deal with a gay student differently than a straight one?

3. Setarcos

Setarcos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    They should teach that willful ignorance and blind hatred are bad

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Why on earth should a school teach homosexuality? I can see touching on the subject in a scientific manner in high school, or maybe in junior high, whatever age kids are when they start wondering.

But kids aren't supposed to be schmoozing in the schools, anyway. The rule for kids should be "knock that shit off on school grounds" along with a healthy dose of "how tacky do you want to be?" and "you aren't old enough to be engaging in any sexual behavior, wait until you're 30 to commit to it."

As far as school sponsored support groups for kids who are toying with the concept of homosexuality, I think it's a huge stinking pile of bear excrement. Educate them about Aids and how to avoid it, and pregnancy and how to avoid it (try NO SEX, KIDS!) but as far as expounding on the normalcy of homosexuality or sexual experimentation, that should be as taboo as teaching one particular religion in public school.

5. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Does that go for both heterosexuality and homosexuality?

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Yes. I don't want the schools teaching my kids to have sex or making them feel safe about having it while they're in school, period.

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    And not because I don't like sex. It's because kids aren't ready for it in any way shape or form, and because they need to be focusing on other things during school.

8. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    And what if it comes up...say in 1st grade.

A kid asks the teacher: "Why do I have a mommy and a daddy, but Jimmy has two mommies?"

What should the teacher say per policy?

Should she say "We don't discuss that" or "Mind your own business" or "Jimmy's moms are committing a sin in the eyes of the Lord" or should the teacher just ignore the question?

9. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    I think that we should teach that "occult" beliefs are not only bad, but damaging to the country.

When you look at the contributions to American society from the gays, the contributions are way out of proportion to their small numbers.

Now, mystical beliefs, witchcraft, supernatural. Anything connected to the "unreal" is terrible and damaging. People don't achieve their full potential if they believe in magical, invisible spirits.

Stay away from indoctrinating our children in that nonsense and the country would be better served.

No one raises their children to be gay. Just ask Dick Cheney, Phylis Schlafly and Alen Keyes. They know. Don't children have a hard enough time without anti American Republicans trying desperately to make their lives miserable? It's all jealously. All that talent in a small few. Republicans, a resounding lack of talent. Pity. For the gays, not the Republicans.

10. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Fair enough about the "indoctrinating"...but that doesn't answer my questions about what should be said when it is brought up.

Should a school not allow both of Jimmy's moms to attend his talent show?

Should it be taught that homosexuality is bad, thus telling Jimmy that his parents are bad?