*School System Amiss On Grading Students*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. But my child is in school, and I been looking at the report card, and guess what??? there is no grade, you know, A,B,C,D and F.
2. Thats some crazy shit man, they give the numbers on improvement in certain areas of education.
3. Its as if the teachers are supposed to get into these children's heads, and be able to see if the child is showing true improvements.
4. I think its a bad idea, the children should be graded on if they truly understand the subject matter, not just if they are improving on the subject matter.
5. The fucking idiots running the schools are some over paid morons!
6. Paying some dweeb 600k to decide how to grade the children with numbers is a laughing stock!!!!
7. When I was a kid, we knew if we were getting it, now who the hell knows???
8. LINK:The Associated Press: 82 percent of US schools may be labeled 'failing'

"82 percent of US schools may be labeled 'failing'
(AP) – 9 hours ago

The number of schools labeled as "failing" under the nation's No Child Left Behind Act could skyrocket dramatically this year, Education Secretary Arne Duncan said Wednesday.

The Department of Education estimates the percentage of schools not meeting yearly targets for their students' proficiency in in math and reading could jump from 37 to 82 percent as states raise standards in attempts to satisfy the law's mandates.

The 2002 law requires states to set targets aimed at having all students proficient in math and reading by 2014, a standard now viewed as wildly unrealistic.

"No Child Left Behind is broken and we need to fix it now," Duncan said in a statement. "This law has created a thousand ways for schools to fail and very few ways to help them succeed."

Duncan presented the figures at a House education and work force committee hearing, in urging lawmakers to rewrite the Bush-era act. Both Republicans and Democrats agree the law needs to be reformed, though they disagree on issues revolving around the federal role of education and how to turn around failing schools."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. But my child is in school, and I been looking at the report card, and guess what??? there is no grade, you know, A,B,C,D and F.
2. Thats some crazy shit man, they give the numbers on improvement in certain areas of education.
3. Its as if the teachers are supposed to get into these children's heads, and be able to see if the child is showing true improvements.
4. I think its a bad idea, the children should be graded on if they truly understand the subject matter, not just if they are improving on the subject matter.
5. The fucking idiots running the schools are some over paid morons!
6. Paying some dweeb 600k to decide how to grade the children with numbers is a laughing stock!!!!
7. When I was a kid, we knew if we were getting it, now who the hell knows???
8. LINK:The Associated Press: 82 percent of US schools may be labeled 'failing'

"82 percent of US schools may be labeled 'failing'
(AP) – 9 hours ago

The number of schools labeled as "failing" under the nation's No Child Left Behind Act could skyrocket dramatically this year, Education Secretary Arne Duncan said Wednesday.

The Department of Education estimates the percentage of schools not meeting yearly targets for their students' proficiency in in math and reading could jump from 37 to 82 percent as states raise standards in attempts to satisfy the law's mandates.

The 2002 law requires states to set targets aimed at having all students proficient in math and reading by 2014, a standard now viewed as wildly unrealistic.

"No Child Left Behind is broken and we need to fix it now," Duncan said in a statement. "This law has created a thousand ways for schools to fail and very few ways to help them succeed."

Duncan presented the figures at a House education and work force committee hearing, in urging lawmakers to rewrite the Bush-era act. Both Republicans and Democrats agree the law needs to be reformed, though they disagree on issues revolving around the federal role of education and how to turn around failing schools."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1) Education has become an industry
2) admin only cares about test scores to earn bonuses and raises
3) teachers are stuck with teaching the kids in how to pass the govt. tests
4) the kids are not learning, and are falling behind
5) they can't grade the kids because they're not really learning
6) they also think grading would "ruin" the kids self-esteem
7) the USA is falling behind the rest of the world

Regards,
SirRattusofIllinois