School Paper is Sucking Today

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
They're all Bush haters. I'm getting so sick of it, so I sent this letter.

When the election was over, I thought I'd heard the last of it. I thought I would finally stop hearing the cries of how Bush was going to send me to die for oil, oppress women, destroy the planet, wreck alliances, and all kinds of other wild things. I though, "Well, he can't run for re-election, so maybe they'll leave him alone." Well, I was wrong, and I must say that I am quite irritated.
As I walked around campus yesterday with a huge grin on my face, I found myself downright offended at the attitudes of people who found out that I *actually* voted for Bush. The initial attitude was shock at how there was a Bush supporter who looked like a normal person. The next attitude was downright offensive. They would immediately assume I didn't know anything about Bush or else I couldn't possibly be stupid enough to vote for him, so they would start muttering about informed voters and start spouting off about all of the evil things that Bush had done. I even had a friend say, "Oh, I forgot that you're not that smart in politics," even though I've kept a close eye on the election since before the Iowa Caucuses. I KNOW the issues. Just because I didn't vote for your guy doesn't make me stupid, it just makes me different.
Well, for those of you at the Traveler to write all the articles about how bad the next four years are going to be and all those students who just can't grasp the concept, let me lay it out for you. I think a fetus is just as much a person as I am. I think homosexuality is a sin, condemned by the Bible, and gay marriage will only legitamize it. I think we need to take the war to the terrorists. I think we attacked Iraq for reasons other than WMD's and that if we attacked for oil, gas prices would be lower. I think we need to stop listening to the corrupt UN (remember oil for food?). I KNOW we had MANY allies join us in Iraq, but the Dems would have you focus on France, Germany, and Russia. I also don't want to have a pandering, self-centered, waffling, cowardly, UN slave or a senator with a more liberal voting record than Ted Kennedy in the White House. It's not ignorance. It's not stupidity. It's not corruption. I actually do think George Bush is a good president and patronizing me will only make me mad. Now give it a rest and let me enjoy my victory.

I'd give it a 50/50 shot of being published.

Hobbit said:
They're all Bush haters. I'm getting so sick of it, so I sent this letter.

I'd give it a 50/50 shot of being published.

Let us know...I give it zip for publication chances, but then I don't know your school. Good luck with em.

Mr. P said:
Let us know...I give it zip for publication chances, but then I don't know your school. Good luck with em.

They post people opposed to them. If it was any other issue, i'd give it about an 80/20 chance.

I lived and worked in Fayetteville for three years in the mid-80's and both my parents attended U of A... I liked Fayetteville, neat community. And they even accepted me, a Sooner (Univ. of Okla. grad), despite the fact that in 1986, while I lived there, they had to suffer through a huge loss to the Sooners in the Orange Bowl... (payback for 1978 Orange Bowl) Good luck with roundball always enjoy playing y'all.. Tell me does the north wind still bring the stench of Springdale's chicken shit to Fayetteville? I hated that... And the AQ chicken house is the best fried chicken IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Forum List

Back