Scenes from a theatre

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
I don't go to movie theatres very often, I'll admit. Happens when you work three jobs and don't have that much free time. But I did take some time off to watch the new Star Trek movie.

The last time before that was to watch the Batman movie, which of course, was overshadowed by the fact that at one screening, a Crazy Person With A Gun killed a bunch of people in the theatre in Colorado.

Well, went to the Star Trek movie, and they had a little promo at the beginning as to what to do if someone starts shooting up the place.

It included such useless advice as "report suspicious looking characters to Theatre management" and "Note where the exits are and proceed to them calmly". In short, simple "Cover your ass" stuff that the Theatre's corporate lawyers came up with.

Is this what we've come to? We can't solve an obvious problem like "Let's keep guns out of the hands of Crazy People" so let's put up a promo so that the threatre's ass is covered from lawsuits?

Last edited:
I don't go to movie theatres very often, I'll admit. Happens when you work three jobs and don't have that much free time. But I did take some time off to watch the new Star Trek movie.

The last time before that was to watch the Batman movie, which of course, was overshadowed by the fact that at one screening, a Crazy Person With A Gun killed a bunch of people in the theatre in Colorado.

Well, went to the Star Trek movie, and they had a little promo at the beginning as to what to do if someone starts shooting up the place.

It included such useless advice as "report suspicious looking characters to Theatre management" and "Note where the exits are and proceed to them calmly". In short, simple "Cover your ass" stuff that the Theatre's corporate lawyers came up with.

Is this what we've come to? We can't solve an obvious problem like "Let's keep guns out of the hands of Crazy People" so let's put up a promo so that the threatre's ass is covered from lawsuits?

"Hand out guns when people enter the theater and collect them when they leave" Archie Bunker

for some reason i am not surprised....

but here its the opposite...everyone is armed...rural area..you see people openly carrying rifles etc...and for some reason that makes us a wee bit safer

but here its the opposite...everyone is armed...rural area..you see people openly carrying rifles etc...and for some reason that makes us a wee bit safer

Same thing in the streets of Chicago and Detroit

Sure makes them safer

hey never said it would work in the cities where simple overpopulation has driven people into a frenzy...rats and people have the same reaction to overpopulation etc...

google it

And if a nuke is headed your way, you better Duck and Cover~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4s7TETtJA]Duck and Cover - YouTube[/ame]

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a gun in the house.

Gun Ownership - It's The Law In Kennesaw

Is a theater considered a 'house' in Kennesaw? I don't know, but every home having a gun is the law in Kennesaw.

I started a thread about 'creeping' apparently the latest teen pastime. I really hope they don't try it at my house. I have a gun.

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a gun in the house.

Is a theater considered a 'house' in Kennesaw? I don't know, but every home having a gun is the law in Kennesaw.

I started a thread about 'creeping' apparently the latest teen pastime. I really hope they don't try it at my house. I have a gun.

HOpe you have really good liability insurance...

HOpe you have really good liability insurance...

Doesn't matter. Kentucky is a 'castle doctrine' state. If they break in on me, I can shoot them. I don't have to retreat in my own home. It is the presumption of the law that anyone breaking in on me, be they armed or not, is there to do me harm and I can protect my life with deadly force.

Nope but I live in Lilburn not from from it and who would you rather have in a theater when a liberal nut shows up to shoot the place to pieces? A conservative nutter who has 20 years of experience handling weapons in the US Army with a CC permit or the govt police miles down the road? You would thank me has you got to walk safety out the door afterwards.

Sure makes them safer

your right.....the gangs feel real safe.....the cops sure as hell leave them alone....

Sure makes them safer

your right.....the gangs feel real safe.....the cops sure as hell leave them alone....

The gangs do feel really safe in Chicago, Harry, and with good reason. They are the only ones carrying guns in Chicago. Chicago has the strongest anti gun laws, and the most crime.

The 7th Circuit Court ruled that Chicago was to allow concealed carry and had 6 months to make that happen. Lisa Madigan the Attorney General asked for an extra month, to decide to appeal the decision and June 9th is the deadline. If we are allowed conceal and carry, the citizens will have the same advantage to protect themselves as the criminals have been having to rob and kill them etc.There will be a more level playing field.

Forum List

Back