Scalise's Hero Cops!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
. Against the background noise of sensationalism and political hubris glorifying the Capitol Police as a whole, praise for the two unsung heroes who actually saved lives faded quickly. Some may think this is just something they were expected to do and no further attention is warranted. But let's take a closer look. Just who were these cops? Does anyone even know their names? Photos of them are as scarce as hen's teeth. I soon discovered why.

Screenshot_2017-06-16-17-47-51_1497657023835.jpg

Considering all the negative press heaped upon the black community it is important to raise awareness when blacks do positive noteworthy things.

Evidently these two have defied the statistical barrage of negativy that stains all black people. Until now, these two were, stereotypically, part of those ominous black twighlight people. By proxy they were feral negroes raised in the projects by a single mother on welfare and foodstamps. Neither paradigm might be true but that doesn't matter...That's the perception projected by the media..

But on the day a crazed killer stalked and opened fire on republicans practicing for a partisan baseball game, these"negroes"
silenced millions of white critics who have dismissed black cops as affirmative action hires who don't have the mettle to respond intelligently under pressure.
Oh yes...one of them was a black woman
and it was her shot that brought the shooter down after being wounded herself.
I took note of the lack of acknowledgement of the identification
of those black heroes here on USMB.
But upon reflection, I should have known better than to expect something different
considering the RW environment.

Yes, they are heroes who have earned our praise and respect. No, they didn't do a single thing that their jobs didn't require.

KUDOS! That is the most creative spin of a tragedy to bash Conservatives I've read yet on this attack. You must have worked very hard on this, take a well deserved rest.

Yes, they are heroes who have earned our praise and respect. No, they didn't do a single thing that their jobs didn't require.
But they went beyond what so many white people have come to expect Blacks to do.
My purpose was to highlight the positive against a background of negative anti- black
sentiment in this forum.

KUDOS! That is the most creative spin of a tragedy to bash Conservatives I've read yet on this attack. You must have worked very hard on this, take a well deserved rest.
Well, if telling it like it is is bashing, then I wear that title with pride. Why is it that everytime someone speaks up for blacks that speech is interpreted as being anti conservative or, worse, "shudder," anti- white?

Also consider the measured response towards the attempted murderer. If he'd been black, that would be the only thing right wing media cared about.

Bless these 2 officers.

Leave it to Mr. Pubic hair to twist this into a racial issue.
Considering all the negative press heaped upon the black community it is important to raise awareness when blacks do positive noteworthy things.
What negative press are you referring to? Post something to back that shit up with.

I knew Officer Bailey was Black. You know how I know? I saw him throw out the first pitch at the Congressional Baseball game. Unlike you, I didn't hyperventilate and say "He He He's Black !!!! Holy Moly!!!! I thought "God damn the guy took a bullet in the leg and saved all those people's lives and he's out there the next day throwing out the first pitch. Awesome."

But they went beyond what so many white people have come to expect Blacks to do.
My purpose was to highlight the positive against a background of negative anti- black
sentiment in this forum.

They performed honorably with skill and determination. It's good that they just happen to be black. Those traits aren't exclusive to any race, but they are required for a good cop.

sentiment in this forum.

They performed honorably with skill and determination. It's good that they just happen to be black. Those traits aren't exclusive to any race, but they are required for a good cop.
They did their job and they did it well. Kudos to them. :thup:

I knew Officer Bailey was Black. You know how I know? I saw him throw out the first pitch at the Congressional Baseball game. Unlike you, I didn't hyperventilate and say "He He He's Black !!!! Holy Moly!!!! I thought "God damn the guy took a bullet in the leg and saved all those people's lives and he's out there the next day throwing out the first pitch. Awesome."
My intention was ro counter all the anti- black rhetoric and foul hatred espoused againsr them in this forum. What is your intent here?

sentiment in this forum.

Those traits aren't exclusive to any segment of the U.S. population either. But too many on this board have posited that blacks generally are not good or skilled in anything.
I've decided to correct that perception with
positive examples to the contrsry.

Forum List

Back