Scalia and Thomas dine with healthcare law challengers as court takes case

The Federalist Society?

LOL

They appeared at the Federalist Society??

When Obama loses in 2012 Im going to volunteer at a Suicide Prevention hotline and tell Liberal callers to go suck a howitzer.

The Federalist Society!?

Yes, a conservative group. A dinner with a lawyer from the firm who will be arguing against the health care law. Understand?

So when Liberal Justices Hang out with Pro Choice Activists, Why are you silent about it?

How can I be silent about something that I haven't been asked about or wasn't aware of? Link it.

from the first fucking post...

It’s nothing new: The two justices have been attending Federalist Society events for years. And it’s nothing that runs afoul of ethics rules. In fact, justices are exempt from the Code of Conduct that governs the actions of lower federal judges.

If they were, they arguably fell under code’s Canon 4C, which states, “A judge may attend fund-raising events of law-related and other organizations although the judge may not be a speaker, a guest of honor, or featured on the program of such an event.“

how fucking stupid are you, anyway?

Forget about Kagan; if anybody should recuse themselves from the SC health care law case, it should be Thomas and Scalia. This isn't the first time these two have crossed ethical boundaries. Anybody interested in a fair process should be outraged.

Scalia and Thomas dine with healthcare law challengers as court takes case - latimes.com

The day the Supreme Court gathered behind closed doors to consider the politically divisive question of whether it would hear a challenge to President Obama’s healthcare law, two of its justices, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, were feted at a dinner sponsored by the law firm that will argue the case before the high court.

~snip~

Clement’s law firm, Bancroft PLLC, was one of almost two dozen firms that helped sponsor the annual dinner of the Federalist Society, a longstanding group dedicated to advocating conservative legal principles. Another firm that sponsored the dinner, Jones Day, represents one of the trade associations that challenged the law, the National Federation of Independent Business.

Another sponsor was pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Inc, which has an enormous financial stake in the outcome of the litigation. The dinner was held at a Washington hotel hours after the court's conference over the case. In attendance was, among others, Mitch McConnell, the Senate’s top Republican and an avowed opponent of the healthcare law.

The featured guests at the dinner? Scalia and Thomas.

It’s nothing new: The two justices have been attending Federalist Society events for years. And it’s nothing that runs afoul of ethics rules. In fact, justices are exempt from the Code of Conduct that governs the actions of lower federal judges.

If they were, they arguably fell under code’s Canon 4C, which states, “A judge may attend fund-raising events of law-related and other organizations although the judge may not be a speaker, a guest of honor, or featured on the program of such an event.“

Nevertheless, the sheer proximity of Scalia and Thomas to two of the law firms in the case, as well as to a company with a massive financial interest, was enough to alarm ethics-in-government activists.

why yes of course, forget about kagan:rolleyes:...then you wonder why you're thread isn't overrun with commentary.....get a grip dude.

so hey who did the wise Latina have dinner with last week? what speaking engagements has she had? do you know? does the media or you even care?

:eusa_whistle:

from the first fucking post...

how fucking stupid are you, anyway?

I never said that they broke any ethics rules. I said that their behavior is unethical. See the difference? How fucking stupid are you?

The Department of Justice is selling advanced weapons to Mexican drug cartels, Obama launders hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars into his campaign fund through Solyndra and George Kaiser, and you are worried about this shit? You've got to be kidding me.

Forget about Kagan; if anybody should recuse themselves from the SC health care law case, it should be Thomas and Scalia. This isn't the first time these two have crossed ethical boundaries. Anybody interested in a fair process should be outraged.

Scalia and Thomas dine with healthcare law challengers as court takes case - latimes.com

The day the Supreme Court gathered behind closed doors to consider the politically divisive question of whether it would hear a challenge to President Obama’s healthcare law, two of its justices, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, were feted at a dinner sponsored by the law firm that will argue the case before the high court.

~snip~

Clement’s law firm, Bancroft PLLC, was one of almost two dozen firms that helped sponsor the annual dinner of the Federalist Society, a longstanding group dedicated to advocating conservative legal principles. Another firm that sponsored the dinner, Jones Day, represents one of the trade associations that challenged the law, the National Federation of Independent Business.

Another sponsor was pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Inc, which has an enormous financial stake in the outcome of the litigation. The dinner was held at a Washington hotel hours after the court's conference over the case. In attendance was, among others, Mitch McConnell, the Senate’s top Republican and an avowed opponent of the healthcare law.

Nevertheless, the sheer proximity of Scalia and Thomas to two of the law firms in the case, as well as to a company with a massive financial interest, was enough to alarm ethics-in-government activists.

why yes of course, forget about kagan:rolleyes:...then you wonder why you're thread isn't overrun with commentary.....get a grip dude.

so hey who did the wise Latina have dinner with last week? what speaking engagements has she had? do you know? does the media or you even care?

Well, you're the third con who has made that charge with no links to back it up. If any other justice acted unethically, then I disagree with their behavior just as much as the behavior of Thomas and Scalia. But until you show me the proof, you're just talking. BTW, tis thread isn't about Kagan; it's about Thomas and Scalia. But I understand the need for your side to deflect.

The Department of Justice is selling advanced weapons to Mexican drug cartels, Obama launders hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars into his campaign fund through Solyndra and George Kaiser, and you are worried about this shit? You've got to be kidding me.

Deflection noted :eusa_whistle:

lies to defend your failed party in the face of Scotus members acting in a POLITICAL manner.

Deflection noted :eusa_whistle:

Deflection hell. I frankly don't care if they had dinner with them or not. Neither would I care if a liberal justice did the same thing. I simply find it amazing that liberals bitch and whine about shit as irrelevant as this while turning a blind eye or even defending the shit that is real corruption.

Well, you're the third con who has made that charge with no links to back it up.If any other justice acted unethically, then I disagree with their behavior just as much as the behavior of Thomas and Scalia. But until you show me the proof, you're just talking.

what 'charge'? I asked a question. so?

BTW, tis thread isn't about Kagan; it's about Thomas and Scalia. But I understand the need for your side to deflect.

am I stoned or was this not your personal, OP commentary...:eusa_eh:

Forget about Kagan; if anybody should recuse themselves from the SC health care law case, it should be Thomas and Scalia

~snip~

I find it highly outrageous when libtards cry about ethics, especially since very few libtards I know have any.

Is it GOOD for the US to have SCOTUS members acting is so poltical a manner?

~snip~

They should be investigated and their financial records subpoenaed to see if they have been paid off, and if so they should be impeached.
OK, lets investigate and find out where obamaturds 300 million dollars in campaign contributions came from since he won't disclose that.

So when Liberal Justices Hang out with Pro Choice Activists, Why are you silent about it?

Because conflicts of interest on apply to conservatives. Don't you know that, Charles?
Play that perpetual VICTIM card, crybaby. :eusa_boohoo:
That's all CON$ do, whine and bitch how everyone picks only on them.
:boohoo:

No were not whining about everyone Picking on us, We rightly Complaining about the Free pass Liberals get. That and the Unbelievable Double Standard Liberal posters on this Board have.

Forum List

Back