BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Would you keep working, or quit?

I'd quit, and go to school.

However, my first reaction was "I'd invest, and keep working."

$2,000,000 just isn't that much money.

After so long on the unemployment line, I would keep working. After that time, I don't think I will ever retire.

However, I would put a large portion of it away until I only wanted to work when I wanted to work and play with the rest.

Immie

I would keep working and buy a red fire truck and a few AK-47's and eight cases of slim jims and 12 cases of beer and several hundred rounds of ammunition. I would sit on the fire truck, get shit faced and shoot at my mail box and drink beer until I passed out.

Last edited:
I never answered the question! lol

What Ragnar said. Except for the quit work part cause my work has all shriveled up and gone away so . . . start a small business.

$2,000,000 is a lot of money depending on where you live and how you live.

I would look into moving to the cheapest part of the country I could (while still being ok with weather, surroundings, etc.), live cheaply as I already do, and try to find the best way to invest most of it with as little risk as possible.

If I spend little enough on frivolous things or maybe find a roommate(s), I could live fairly comfortably on less than $20,000 a year in the right area. It wasn't that long ago that I stretched about that much in savings slightly over 2 years, while living with a couple of roommates in a house we rented.

Of course, I'm happy enough as long as I have my computers, and internet connection, and some cereal and tv dinners. :lol: My first thought with these kinds of big money hypothetical questions is for the security of not worrying about bills, rather than the toys I might spend it on.

$2,000,000 is a lot of money depending on where you live and how you live.

I would look into moving to the cheapest part of the country I could (while still being ok with weather, surroundings, etc.), live cheaply as I already do, and try to find the best way to invest most of it with as little risk as possible.

If I spend little enough on frivolous things or maybe find a roommate(s), I could live fairly comfortably on less than $20,000 a year in the right area. It wasn't that long ago that I stretched about that much in savings slightly over 2 years, while living with a couple of roommates in a house we rented.

Of course, I'm happy enough as long as I have my computers, and internet connection, and some cereal and tv dinners. :lol: My first thought with these kinds of big money hypothetical questions is for the security of not worrying about bills, rather than the toys I might spend it on.

For $10k, I'd have more than all the toys I could ever want. Probably more like $5k. And I'm the same, on the thrifty/frugal front. I just can't get into toys.

Most trouble I'd be likely to get into is Kindle books. :D

If it was a lottery and you decided to take it in annual annuities for 29 years it would come to $34,500K per million, per year pre-tax and you'd collect the entire amount over the next 29 years. That means 2 million would give you $69K per year pre-tax. If you took it in one lump sum you would probably only get 1/3 at most, not 1/2 as most people think.

I'd keep doing exactly what I do now, only from better locations.

I'd consider opening a private school, too if it was $2 mil in my pocket.

Forum List

Back