Say What?

About a month ago I went to the grocery store (cub) and there was a crazy black man walking up and down the aisles screaming things such as "PEOPLE ARE GONNA DIE".

He had no cart or items in his hands.

Everybody else avoided him...I just went about my business.

Our paths crossed twice in 2 different aisles as we made eye contact and starred each other down but said nothing to each other.

Last thing you want to do is show fear or look like a victim to one of these nut cases!

Both times we passed each other, nothing happened but a cold stare coming from the both of us. It was the only 2 times he shut his big yap while I was in the store!
sure, it was, thumper

So, I'm in the grocery store yesterday and a group of youngish people come in together. Obviously friends, chatting as they make their way up and down the aisles. I had to chuckle to myself when I thought about how absolutely triggered some here would have been in my place. You see they were all talking to each other in ...... a language other than English! Surprisingly, the other shoppers did not start feinting in the aisles or run screaming from the store. To what I'm sure will be the great disappointment of some here, they were not talking about me or the other shoppers or plotting some nefarious activity. They were just chatting away, as friends do, about a party they were planning for later that night. It seems they were debating buying some cheap but real bowls and cups as opposed to disposable. The fact that they were speaking Portuguese did not seem to deeply offend anyone in the store within earshot. Imagine that.

More scary stories to come!

Forum List

Back