Say It Loud! I'm Black And I'm Proud!

you guys do know that there is nothing genetically that makes any human different from another, regardless of their phenotypical appearance. The preoccupation with race is a largely western (white) characteristic.

my reasoning for this is that the white race is the only one that can be diminished, you know, completely obliterated over time as a result of generations of miscegenation with other races. and you know that in the good ol' us of a we are lovers of the "one drop rule" so much for anyone who thinks that white is the "master race"!

interestingly enough, the term "caucasoid" is used (however errantly) to denote those indigenous peoples living in areas ranging from northwest africa, to the southernmost extent of india, and many of the people there are as dark as, if not darker than me!

its been time for so long for us to move past the petty bullshit that we allow ourselves to waste so much of our time and energy on. we can hardly fathom the wonders we would be able to accomplish if we were all to lay aside these fetters of ignorance and misplaced malice and stop allowing the most superficial of our traits to create insurpassable barriers between ourselves and our brothers, our fellow human beings.

anybody remember the tower of babel story in the bible in genesis, when those guys decided to build a tower to heaven? remember what God had to say when he got a load of it?

"behold, the people are of one mind and now nothing which they have imagined can be restrained from them!"

if the reality of us mere humans working together under "one mind" is enough to make GOD wary, WTF are we wasting our time arguing about and killing each other over something that doesn't and will not ever really matter?!

oh and for the record, i found this post to be thoroughly disgusting, crude, base and offensive, no matter what the original intention for the post was

Thanks for that and I will think about it a bit before I reply. But I did want to point out that Native Americans and Europeans are the same species...:confused:

That's not the analogy--it was to explain how population replacement worked, versus how continuity would've worked. And the European genocide of the Native populations happened in the blink of an eye compared to the time-scale that Sapiens replaced Neanderthals. If you understand how Europeans wiped out the Natives, you can get an idea of why there's no more living Neanderthals--because the emigrants were the dominant survivors of the area.
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but it seems to me as unlikely that homo sapeins and neanderthals bred with each other as it seems unlikely that homo sapiens and apes bred with each other.

A Serious Question...

Are you Proud of your Race?...

You had ZERO to do with it, so Taking Pride in it, regardless of what your Race is, has always seemed Silly to me...

And Racist.

:)

peace...

I agree with that but who cares?
Pride is self contained and none of my business. Doesn't affect me at all.
So who cares?

I guess if I was Asking you, I would Expect your Response... ;)

Obviously I Care about Maddie's Take on it...

People who are Proud of their Skin Color always make me Curious.

peace...

My "race" is Homo Sapiens, mal. Am I proud to be human.....as opposed to what? A marsupial? I have never thought about it.

There are people in my family line I am proud of, and others I am ashamed of. I dun feel responsible for any, apart from my child, whom I am VERY proud of. I like how I look and think I'm attractive, but again, "proud of it" seems odd to me. I had little to do with my own appearance, not being a plastic surgery slut.

I know my Daddy's family came here from Scotland. I know fuck-all about Scottish history and am not especially "proud of them". We're not sure where Mommy's people hailed from -- they'd likely been in the US too long for it to matter.

I'm proud to be an American.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
So who cares?

peace...

My "race" is Homo Sapiens, mal. Am I proud to be human.....as opposed to what? A marsupial? I have never thought about it.

There are people in my family line I am proud of, and others I am ashamed of. I dun feel responsible for any, apart from my child, whom I am VERY proud of. I like how I look and think I'm attractive, but again, "proud of it" seems odd to me. I had little to do with my own appearance, not being a plastic surgery slut.

I know my Daddy's family came here from Scotland. I know fuck-all about Scottish history and am not especially "proud of them". We're not sure where Momy's people hailed from -- they'd likely been in the US too long for it to matter.

I'm proud to be Irish American...but how racist and unpc of me. :redface:

So who cares?

peace...

I know my Daddy's family came here from Scotland. I know fuck-all about Scottish history and am not especially "proud of them". We're not sure where Mommy's people hailed from -- they'd likely been in the US too long for it to matter.

Just checkin' for your Take on your OP... And I believe your I HEART being Black Sig the other day... ;)

Thanks for Responding.

peace...

Thanks for that and I will think about it a bit before I reply. But I did want to point out that Native Americans and Europeans are the same species...:confused:

That's not the analogy--it was to explain how population replacement worked, versus how continuity would've worked. And the European genocide of the Native populations happened in the blink of an eye compared to the time-scale that Sapiens replaced Neanderthals. If you understand how Europeans wiped out the Natives, you can get an idea of why there's no more living Neanderthals--because the emigrants were the dominant survivors of the area.
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but it seems to me as unlikely that homo sapeins and neanderthals bred with each other as it seems unlikely that homo sapiens and apes bred with each other.

The idea's not so far-fetched. Check out the liger.

But I understand what you're getting at: Neaderthals were the dirty, hairy, stinky half-apes--distinct from us lithe, cleaner humans. And that's the image that's been reflected in pop culture, that's how we see them.

But most likely we weren't much sexier than them back then. No razors, no shampoo. Our women had hairy legs and armpits, long hair clumped with grease, and our men had scraggly greasy full beards and smelled even worse. We were stinky, dirty, and we'd be lucky to make it to thirty with a full set of teeth.

Anyways these findings are recent, like in the past year. They've finally been able to extract, filter, and read DNA from Neanderthal remains--and then compare those findings to our DNA.

The trend in taxonomy now is to label us as homo sapien sapiens--and our dirty cousins as homo sapien neaderthalensis. It's the addition of a subspeices, meaning there's enough genetic distinction consistent in each population to set us into different groups, but is outweighed by enough genetic similarities between the two groups to mate and produce viable babbies.

I googled a mainstream news source about this. Consider it a special Valentines gift from me to you. :cool:

BBC News - Neanderthal genes 'survive in us'

I just have to point out the the research is still in its early stages.So we're looking at possibilities, but not yet entrenched fact. It will be interesting to see how this research better helps us understand our pretty remarkable history.

sigh...why do you hate dirty, stinky, gruesome humanoids?

I will read your link but I am still skeptical. I'm not saying the two "species" wouldn't mate with each other, just that I doubt they could reproduce. Kind of like Tank and monkeys. Or Republicans and sheep. But of course there is so much we do not know.

We share a lot of dna with monkeys but that doesn't mean we are monkeys.

The idea's not so far-fetched. Check out the liger.

But I understand what you're getting at: Neaderthals were the dirty, hairy, stinky half-apes--distinct from us lithe, cleaner humans. And that's the image that's been reflected in pop culture, that's how we see them.

But most likely we weren't much sexier than them back then. No razors, no shampoo. Our women had hairy legs and armpits, long hair clumped with grease, and our men had scraggly greasy full beards and smelled even worse. We were stinky, dirty, and we'd be lucky to make it to thirty with a full set of teeth.

Anyways these findings are recent, like in the past year. They've finally been able to extract, filter, and read DNA from Neanderthal remains--and then compare those findings to our DNA.

The trend in taxonomy now is to label us as homo sapien sapiens--and our dirty cousins as homo sapien neaderthalensis. It's the addition of a subspeices, meaning there's enough genetic distinction consistent in each population to set us into different groups, but is outweighed by enough genetic similarities between the two groups to mate and produce viable babbies.

I googled a mainstream news source about this. Consider it a special Valentines gift from me to you. :cool:

BBC News - Neanderthal genes 'survive in us'

I just have to point out the the research is still in its early stages.So we're looking at possibilities, but not yet entrenched fact. It will be interesting to see how this research better helps us understand our pretty remarkable history.

So the Apes and such that are still here... They just Refused to Evolve?...

Stubborn Bastards!

peace...

sigh...why do you hate dirty, stinky, gruesome humanoids?

I will read your link but I am still skeptical. I'm not saying the two "species" wouldn't mate with each other, just that I doubt they could reproduce. Kind of like Tank and monkeys. Or Republicans and sheep. But of course there is so much we do not know.

We share a lot of dna with monkeys but that doesn't mean we are monkeys.

That's fine. Nothing wrong with being skeptical of preliminary science.

I could name a few posters who I suspect are really chimpanzees that somehow managed to get a laptop and interwebz access in their zoo cage. :eusa_whistle:

Sheldon, just curious. Whaca think of those "Clan Of The Cave Bear" books?

Daryl Hannah...clan of the cave bear. Blonde chick from the lion clan winds up in the bear clan, which is dark haired, dark eyed. She doesn't belong to them. So she leaves to find her own clan. The blondies.

Forum List

Back