Say goodbye to our two party system

Why don’t we do away with the two party system and only have a Constitutional party of our Republic? The right is to far right, the left is to far left the Independents fan far right and far left. After all do you think we would have a debt as high as it is now if we had people in Washington that cared for the "people"? Today and for many decades we've had a government that only does stuff for their party not for us the people.

Why not revamp Washington give our Government an Enema and go back to basics.
If you’re a politician, you get no pay, you work for the people not for the money..

Do you agree or disagree and why?

How to you suggest we 'do away' with political parties? Consider too that elected officals get more than pay, they get perks (I like to call them bribes). Ask yourself why so many members of Congress are millionaires? It's (clearly) not because they're smart.

If you give politicians no pay at all - then the only people we would have to choose from would be the ultra-wealthy and I think that representation would be far more skewed than our current representation.
So imho - it's a bad idea.

I think a more workable solution might be to only allow individuals to make political donations. Freedom of political expression (which would arguably be curtailed) could be defined as an individual right - not a collective one. I don't know, snags all around - but maybe a good start.

No, I did. You implied that "the right" which can be anyone from Fred Thompson to Rush Limbaugh to Ann Coulter to Bill Buckley were saying those things about Obama. In fact you took the worst elements of possibly disturbed, certainly uninformed, individuals blathering on the internet and made them the norm.
And I've called you on it. And you have nothing to say in response. Sorry, would be appropriate here.

"Sorry" for what? Do we not see eye to eye on just what the "base" of the GOP is these days? Are the tea party folks not the base? Are the folks who listen to and take talking points from the likes of Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity NOT the base of the modern day GOP? Please correct me in I am wrong here..

And all those people have called Obama a communist and a ******? Please. You are making excuses here for your own feeble mindedness. You made a charge that I called you on. If you can admit that no, not every person who identifies as a conservative thinks Obama is a communist, a Muslim, and a ******--or even a significant number of them, then we can have a conversation. Otherwise you are out in left field.:cuckoo:

Hey Rabbi !

Can you hum a few bars of Barack the Magic Negro for us???

How about a significant number of them? How about the leading figures in the conservative movement?
Agree there?

You would first need to tell me who you believe the "leading figures in the conservative movement" are. Along these lines, what is "the conservative movement"?

I'll let you name them.

Why? Because you cannot??????

There is a percentage of right wingers who are racists - and then there are the additional wingers who pander to them while walking the razor's edge between covert and overt racism.

You would first need to tell me who you believe the "leading figures in the conservative movement" are. Along these lines, what is "the conservative movement"?

I'll let you name them.

There is a percentage of right wingers who are racists - and then there are the additional wingers who pander to them while walking the razor's edge between covert and overt racism.
Really? What percentage would that be? Any evidence for what you say?
Let's call Jim DeMint one of the leaders of the right wing of the GOP. Do you have evidence De Mint ever called Obama a Muslim, a terrorist or a ******? If so please post it.
If not, stfu.

This is a right of center country with the MAJORITY near the center. That's why John McCain would have been good for this country. Others may disagree, but he is the type of politician most people claim they would like to see.

Sadly, John McCain decided to run, trying to appease the whack-jobs who listen to Beck, and Limbaugh, going against many of his old positions. Add to that, he had a recorded history of decades on video, to show the then, and now, it made him look incredibly wishy-washy. He should have stuck to his guns, and he'd at least have had a better chance.

But, I still don't think his, more of the same, would do anything to solve all of the massive problems we have now as a society, brought on by conservatism, globalization, union demonization of the media, repeal of the fairness directive, which allowed FOX, Limbaugh, and 95 percent conservative radio domination, which spawned the extreme right. I'm still waiting for the extreme left, but all I see is a parrotting left, who then points out the honest story, and never does anything proactive.

I'd love to see more parties in the U.S., but only with IRV, instant runoff voting. Like in 2000, when someone like Nader runs, we obviously had far more liberals, but with the split, and no real attempt to get the majority with IRV, the exactly wrong guy got elected. Of course, there is no guarantee, if Nader wasn't in the race, that they wouldn't have just manipulated the voting machines by changing the programming even more. If you're going to steal it, it wouldn't be that hard to steal it a bit bigger.

I'll let you name them.

Let's call Jim DeMint one of the leaders of the right wing of the GOP. Do you have evidence De Mint ever called Obama a Muslim, a terrorist or a ******? If so please post it.
If not, stfu.

Hey! DeMint is no racist. I don't know anyone from South Carolina who ever had a racist thought.

DeMint believes that gays and single mothers should not be allowed to teach in public schools....He never said anything about blacks

If not, stfu.

Hey! DeMint is no racist. I don't know anyone from South Carolina who ever had a racist thought.

DeMint believes that gays and single mothers should not be allowed to teach in public schools....He never said anything about blacks

You don't get around much, do you.

If not, stfu.

Really now? Please name some people from SoCarolina that have had racist thoughts.
You throw this crap around and expect to get a pass from this board.

If not, stfu.

Really now? Please name some people from SoCarolina that have had racist thoughts.

Why Good Lord Mr Rabbi...

Can't you read that I said the good people of South Carolina would never elect a racist! Its just not in their god fearing nature.
Why we have fine Senators like Jesse Helms and Strom Thurman looking down from heaven above, waving the Confederate flag and making sure there are no racists in the great state of South Carolina!

Last edited:

Can't you read that I said the good people of South Carolina would never elect a racist! Its just not in their god fearing nature.
Why we have fine Senators like Jesse Helms and Strom Thurman looking down from heaven above, waving the Confederate flag and making sure there are no racists in the great state of South Carolina!

I always thought you were an ignorant fucktard.
Helms was senator from North Carolina.

I always thought you were an ignorant fucktard.
Helms was senator from North Carolina.

OOPS ??? My Bad.

Its just hard to tell under those hoods

Then take off your fucking hood, moron and start posting something based on actual fact and not on your own idiotic bigoted views.

Rusty DePass, the South Carolina Republican activist who infamously "joked" that an escaped zoo gorilla was probably an ancestor of Michelle Obama, has learned the meaning of "hell to pay."

Why honest....this was just a joke about EVOLUTION

Did the voices in your head tell you these things? Because they sure have nothing to do with reality.
Please point to some "right wing" points McCain adapted to win the election.

Among others, McCain changed his position on stem cell research, his position on abortion, his views on climate change, his environmental position and his views on tax cuts.

His biggest change was his decision to dump Joe Lieberman as VP and accept a novice right wing Stepford wife like Sarah Palin

That Sarah Palin decision was anyone's but the McCain who won the primaries. Who, in their right mind would make a decision like that?

Why don’t we do away with the two party system and only have a Constitutional party of our Republic? The right is to far right, the left is to far left the Independents fan far right and far left. After all do you think we would have a debt as high as it is now if we had people in Washington that cared for the "people"? Today and for many decades we've had a government that only does stuff for their party not for us the people.

Why not revamp Washington give our Government an Enema and go back to basics.
If you’re a politician, you get no pay, you work for the people not for the money..

Do you agree or disagree and why?

I agree. get rid of the two parties, in fact, get rid of all parties. My Congressional rep should only answer to his constituents, not to ADM if they give him a lot of campaign funds. If the current debates in DC aren't enough to convince people that those clowns in Washington place Party above people, I don't know what will.

Indigo Journal, a liberal blog in South Carolina, reports that GOP operative Mike Green posted a racist joke about President Obama on his Twitter account over the weekend -- and in a brief conversation with TPM, Green did not deny it. (Late Update: Green has now admitted it in a new set of Tweets, and apologized. See new section after the jump.)

Green posted this, then deleted it some time later:

JUST HEARD OBAMA IS GOING TO IMPOSE A 40% TAX ON ASPIRIN BECAUSE IT'S WHITE AND IT WORKS.

One thing about South Carolina.....They shure do enjoy a good "darkie" joke

Why don’t we do away with the two party system and only have a Constitutional party of our Republic? ?

Too late; the country is now completely divided into two camps which are the same : The Statists

The Left wants to control us in the name of Karl Marx

the right wants to control us in the name of God but the bottom line is that we are going to be controlled.

Why don’t we do away with the two party system and only have a Constitutional party of our Republic? ?

Too late; the country is now completely divided into two camps which are the same : The Statists

The Left wants to control us in the name of Karl Marx

the right wants to control us in the name of God but the bottom line is that we are going to be controlled.

Good Grief!

An epic struggle between God himself and Karl Marx

I wonder who will win?

I'll let you name them.

If not, stfu.

Yes, I do have evidence. In polling done after the election 16% of voters in West Virginia said race was a factor in their voting decision.

So why don't we just debate pertinant issues without the juvenile stfu stuff? Don't get mad at me because you're losing an argument!

Forum List

Back