Saudis break ties with US (Obama)

Saudi Arabia severs diplomatic ties with US over response to conflict in Syria | Mail Online

The source... suggested that the planned change in ties between the energy superpower and the United States would have wide-ranging consequences, including on arms purchases and oil sales.

Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil exporter, ploughs much of its earnings back into U.S. assets. Most of the Saudi central bank's net foreign assets of $690 billion are thought to be denominated in dollars, much of them in U.S. Treasury bonds.

Can you imagine what would happen if Saudi Arabia dumps all its U.S. Treasury bonds?

If relations with the Saudis continue like this, they will eventually, say five, ten years from now, stop importing oil to the U.S. That'll hurt the U.S. economy tremendously, as will if the Saudis stop buying fighter jets and arms from us and buy them instead from Russia and elsewhere.

Not an answer
First off the OP is a lie in that Saudis have not severed ties, nor will they

Secondly, I repeat my question

Are Conservatives on this board demanding an invasion of Syria and opposing trying to negotiate a nuclear disarmament with Iran? If you support the Saudi Princes on this then you are

Then take it up with the newspaper that printed the article. All the OP did was copy that

Would posting a lie be considered polarizing?

"Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

When it states "severs ties," the headline is NOT stating all "ties" are being cut, so it is far from a lie.

Some ties have obviously been eliminated. The threats from Prince Bandar are stark, somber and serious all at the same time and should be well heeded.

Saudi Arabia could easily raise the price of oil to force crude oil to sell for over $200/barrel. In 2008, crude oil reached a high of $140 per barrel.

World oil market chronology from 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saudi Arabia has the most influence over OPEC and could convince them to sustain the $200 a barrel figure. What recently really helped our economy was that the price of gas went down significantly about 8 months ago. High gas prices sustained by the Saudis and OPEC would utterly destroy us in a fairly short amount of time IMHO. This is why, if all these threats from the Saudis are genuine, the U.S. will definitely get us into WWIII over the oil prices, combined with the Civil War in Syria which will likely spillover to nearby regions.

Also, the dollar could be replaced permanently with foreign currencies in the global trade of oil around the world.

Saudi Arabia severs diplomatic ties with US over response to conflict in Syria | Mail Online

The source... suggested that the planned change in ties between the energy superpower and the United States would have wide-ranging consequences, including on arms purchases and oil sales.

Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil exporter, ploughs much of its earnings back into U.S. assets. Most of the Saudi central bank's net foreign assets of $690 billion are thought to be denominated in dollars, much of them in U.S. Treasury bonds.

Can you imagine what would happen if Saudi Arabia dumps all its U.S. Treasury bonds?

If relations with the Saudis continue like this, they will eventually, say five, ten years from now, stop importing oil to the U.S. That'll hurt the U.S. economy tremendously, as will if the Saudis stop buying fighter jets and arms from us and buy them instead from Russia and elsewhere.

right----saudi arabia can set up their economy with russia and china-----
which will easily satisfy the saudi need for FOOD IMPORTS ---------

all we have to do is NATIONALIZE our bonds----worry not---the saudis
cannot feed themselves----and they cannot drink the oil

Oil is not that hard to sell. They can always find countries to buy it from them. Already the richest oil country in the world, Saudi Arabia will be eating many times better than we will be.

Oil is not that hard to sell. They can always find countries to buy it from them. Already the richest oil country in the world, Saudi Arabia will be eating many times better than we will be.

either you are a bit dim---a liar---or have never known a saudi. Saudis expend
billions in food imports and still do not adequately feed most of their population----
The vast "royal family" eats well ------of course. When the going gets
tough-----the "family" will cut and run

billions in food imports and still do not adequately feed most of their population----

Over time, there are millions of more Americans starving and homeless dying in the cold than in Saudi Arabia. Hunger is a challenge in every country.

Have you been paying attention to this? Jordan and the UAE has indicated they will follow the Saudis into a break with the US. Saudi Arabia has been an ally of the US since 1932. It took obama to end that.

So what, who needs the Saudis anyway? They are just rich muslims in a backward desert kingdom. We don't need them, or Jordan, or the UAE, or Egypt, or Pakistan.

Pay attention. Brazil has broken ties with the US over obama's spying. France is doing the same thing. Germans have taken to the streets to protest obama. By the time the democrats are done, the US will not have a single ally in the world.

The Saudis are forming a new alliance. With another country that doesn't trust obama. Israel. A Saudi/Israeli alliance will dominate the middle east.

The Saudi-Israeli Superpower | Consortiumnews

And thanks to the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM, nobody is going to know about it.

I said this in here a few Months ago....

When smaller Countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, et al feel like they can no longer trust their protector -- The United States in this case, they'll look somwhere else for that protection.

Saudi Arabia is stinking rich. Beyond rich. Other Countries in the area who aren't so rich would like to move in and take some of that money from them. Iran for instance.

So who do the Sauds turn to? I don't know. Not Israel, that ain't gonna happen.

Maybe Russia but they appear to be on the other side. Who else?

Maybe India? More likely China. If they make a switch at all. Which I think they'll wait until after the 2016 elections to make a final decision.

They, like all of civilized humanity, know what back-stabbing dirtbags dimocraps are and have grown tired of it.

Unless we can get some adults into positions of power in Washington (Republicans) we lose the MidEast.

I don't believe I can trust the United States to protect me even on US soil.

CNN) -*We pay a lot of attention to revolutions when they emerge suddenly and violently, but when a transformation arrives gradually and peacefully it's easy to miss.Let's stop for a moment and take a look at a slow-motion development changing the world as we know it: The United States is giving up its addiction to foreign oil.For decades, we bemoaned the awful toll this addiction has taken. The need for oil and natural gas -- much of it from Middle Eastern dictatorships -- shaped the foundation of global geopolitics. It created morally questionable alliances and repeatedly placed Washington in a position to choose between its fundamental values and its economic interests. Now all that could change.When President Obama started his first term, the country faced stiff economic headwinds. Now, as he prepares to start his second term, the country enjoys a rare and unexpected tailwind, propelling it in one of the most important areas, with a host of positive implications.Clearly, the booming American oil and gas businesses are not problem-free, but the benefits -- economic, geopolitical and environmental -- of this impending energy independence far outweigh the drawbacks.The days when Mideast oil-producing dictatorships and their friends at OPEC could so easily wave their power over a trembling, oil-thirsty West are on their way to becoming a relic of the past.America still needs imported oil. But growing production and shrinking consumption have created a most promising trend. According to the International Energy Agency, the United States will become the*world's leading oil producer*in just a few years. Imagine that. The United States could produce more oil than Saudi Arabia*as early as 2017*and become a net oil exporter by 2030.

America, the Saudi Arabia of tomorrow - CNN.com

Saudi Arabia wants us to side with Al Qaeda in Syria???
no thank you. let them fight their own Shia/Sunni civil war.

Over time, there are millions of more Americans starving and homeless dying in the cold than in Saudi Arabia. Hunger is a challenge in every country.

Really? who are the "starving and homeless americans dying in the cold?

Have you ever seen a person dead of cold? I have Have you ever
seen a malnourished american? I have. In all cases the problems are
related either to ADDICTION or INSANITY------or parents so afflicted.
Today----every american is ENTITLED to more than $100 per month in
FREE FOOD-------those who sell it for drugs rather than feed themselves
or their children are suffering from social dysfunction ----not economic
deprivation. There is ECONOMIC deprivation in Saudi arabia

a bit of advice------if you want to or must spend time out of doors in cold
weather---
avoid alcohol and drugs

Saudis want us to take Al Qaeda's side in a Sunni/Shia/Alawite civil war?

no thank you.

we'll take sides when it affects our national interests.

The real take-away from the negative reaction of Saudi arabia toward
the US idiot conciliation gesture with Iran is that SAUDI ARABIA IS
TERRIFIED OF IRAN ----and its Hezbollah pigs. If Obama had a brain
he would realize that the most virulent sickness in the world today is
HEZBOLLAH------al qaeda has become relatively defanged

so you want us to join Al Qaeda's side to hurt Hezbollah?

no thank you. fight your own Zionist wars.

The real take-away from the negative reaction of Saudi arabia toward
the US idiot conciliation gesture with Iran is that SAUDI ARABIA IS
TERRIFIED OF IRAN ----and its Hezbollah pigs. If Obama had a brain
he would realize that the most virulent sickness in the world today is
HEZBOLLAH------al qaeda has become relatively defanged

so you want us to join Al Qaeda's side to hurt Hezbollah?

no thank you. fight your own Zionist wars.

Try again HOffie habibi-----I clearly stated that arming a MUJAHAD is NEVER
a good idea. There are all kinds of intelligent people who see Hezbollah for the
filth they are No need for your colleagues in filth AL QAEDA Just as it was silly
to arm the taliban filth to fight the USSR filth or to tolerate your filth

Saudis want us to take Al Qaeda's side in a Sunni/Shia/Alawite civil war?

no thank you.

we'll take sides when it affects our national interests.

what else is new? There are several factions fighting your filthy pig heros----
hezbollah and assad Al Qaeda is on the SUNNI side good to let the sunnis
and alwwite/shiites fight it out to the end

a good idea. There are all kinds of intelligent people who see Hezbollah for the
filth they are No need for your colleagues in filth AL QAEDA Just as it was silly

I worked Ground Zero weeks after 9-11.

I was at the 10th Anniversay Memorial at GZ on 9-11-11.

I looked into the faces of thousands of victims' family members.

don't you EVER accuse me of supporting Al Qaeda again, you damn troll!!!!!

what else is new? There are several factions fighting your filthy pig heros----
hezbollah and assad Al Qaeda is on the SUNNI side good to let the sunnis
and alwwite/shiites fight it out to the end

stop trolling.

Hezbollah isn't my hero.

I don't care about either side, but Al Qaeda did kill thousands of my countrymen.

I worked Ground Zero weeks after 9-11.

I was at the 10th Anniversay Memorial at GZ on 9-11-11.

I looked into the faces of thousands of victims' family members.

don't you EVER accuse me of supporting Al Qaeda again, you damn troll!!!!!

I treated some of the victims for YEARS you piece of filth. In fact----if you actually
worked in ground zero-----for any period of time----I may have treated you----
In any case I am not impressed with your story

I treated some of the victims for YEARS you piece of filth. In fact----if you actually
worked in ground zero-----for any period of time----I may have treated you----
In any case I am not impressed with your story

that's great. good for you.

now stop trolling.

Forum List

Back