Saudi Arabia and UAE to Recieve Bunker Buster Bombs and Cruise Missiles from U.S.....

why is the USA selling weapons to Islamist extremists?

almost ALL of the 9-11 hijackers, were Saudi.

OBL was a Saudi.

The simple answer is geopolitics 101

The U.S. has decided to play nice with Iran.

But is worried that Israel might launch a strike on it's own. And that would inflame the Islamic world and actually unite the Sunni's and Shia against Israel.

So by selling the bunker busters to Saudi Arabia; who would love to strike Iran, but first must have the blessing of the U.S. government.

The U.S. is hoping Iran will be in so much fear of Saudi Arabia having these weapons. They will begin to allow UN inspectors into it's nuclear facilities to avoid being attacked. . :cool:

What we never hear discussed in the US Media is the US arms business. The US operates the biggest arms business of any nation in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
America's hottest export: Weapons

FORTUNE -- This time last year, Boeing's F-15 production line, which is housed in a beige, dreary building on the outskirts of Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, was on the verge of shutting down. The F-15 is an old jet, first designed in the 1970s to outmaneuver Soviet MiGs. It has long been surpassed by more advanced rivals, and the U.S. military hasn't bought a new one since 2001. When production slowed to a trickle a few years ago, a pair of orders from Korea and Singapore kept the line alive, barely, and it has been churning out about one F-15 a month since then. Local politicians fretted that Boeing would have to close the production line, eliminating hundreds of jobs and delivering a blow to the struggling regional economy.Then, last summer, rumors surfaced about a deal -- a big one. The workers at the plant followed the news online, where defense publications reported on the details of the sale. The would-be buyer, they learned, was Saudi Arabia, and the proposed order was massive -- 84 planes, as well as upgrades to older jets. In October the Department of Defense, which administers sales to foreign countries, finally announced an arms package worth some $60 billion, including 70 Apache attack helicopters, also made by Boeing (BA,*Fortune 500), and the fleet of F-15s.It was the biggest overseas arms sale in recent memory, and it extended the life of the production line through 2018. The F-15 may live even longer -- a Boeing executive says there are two other overseas buyers waiting in the wings. Dale Lauer, a 52-year-old flight mechanic, smiled slightly when I asked him what he thought about the news. "People thought this program was dead a long time ago."Far from it. Thanks to a surge in overseas demand, the F-15 and other aging U.S. weapons systems are hotter than they've been in years. The Department of Defense last year told Congress of plans to sell up to $103 billion in weapons to overseas buyers, a staggering rise from an average of $13 billion a year between 1995 and 2005, according to Deutsche Bank analyst Myles Walton. Signed agreements have tripled since 2000.

America's hottest export: Arms - Feb. 11, 2011

And now Syria, Hezbollah, and Iran will be much more amenable to common sense.
And what exactly what would this so called "common sense" entail?? . :cool:

That the Shi'a realize they are part of a world community of humans of different religions.

I don't expect "tolerance" out of them but common sense to comprehend what they can do without hurting themselves.

Everyone thought the Iraq war was about oil but that was just the sugar frosting.
America's arms industry became exceptionally powerful by the end of WWII and has so much power in American politics, it can create 'enemies of America' so it can make vast piles of cash from arms sales.

We saw the potential invasion of the United States by Vietnam, North Korea and, in more recent times, the evil threat posed by Iraq and now, Iran.

In fact, none of the wars started by America were anything to do with a threat to America, just sales for the American arms industry.
This also applies to the middle east situation.
America sells arms to the various Muslim countries but, to keep the Israelis in a more powerful position, gifts more than the combined sales to Israel.

Remind me to search out links between the American arms dealers and Israeli business and/or politicians.
I'll be less than shocked to find close ties.
AIPAC is very probably funded by the U.S. arms dealers.

However, America helps Israel out a lot in so much as it gifts arms to Israel but that lot sell them on for 100% profit.

Who Can Control Israel?s Arms Dealers? | The American Conservative

Even knowing this, America still supplies Israel.
Crackers.

And now Syria, Hezbollah, and Iran will be much more amenable to common sense.

That the Shi'a realize they are part of a world community of humans of different religions.

I don't expect "tolerance" out of them but common sense to comprehend what they can do without hurting themselves.
The Persian/Iranian people have been around for thousands of years.

And I find it comical that someone from 200+ year old nation is going to explain to them what they need to do in order to survive. . :cuckoo: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Everyone thought the Iraq war was about oil but that was just the sugar frosting.
America's arms industry became exceptionally powerful by the end of WWII and has so much power in American politics, it can create 'enemies of America' so it can make vast piles of cash from arms sales.

We saw the potential invasion of the United States by Vietnam, North Korea and, in more recent times, the evil threat posed by Iraq and now, Iran.

In fact, none of the wars started by America were anything to do with a threat to America, just sales for the American arms industry.
This also applies to the middle east situation.
America sells arms to the various Muslim countries but, to keep the Israelis in a more powerful position, gifts more than the combined sales to Israel.

Remind me to search out links between the American arms dealers and Israeli business and/or politicians.
I'll be less than shocked to find close ties.
AIPAC is very probably funded by the U.S. arms dealers.

However, America helps Israel out a lot in so much as it gifts arms to Israel but that lot sell them on for 100% profit.

Who Can Control Israel?s Arms Dealers? | The American Conservative

Even knowing this, America still supplies Israel.
Crackers.

Well, speaking of America relative to Indonesia during and after WW2, it was America that saved the sorry slobs in Southeast Asia during WW2 from Japanese occupation.

How fortunate you and your relatives are for the sacrifice of American servicemen.

But of course for converts and self-haters, it's fashionable to condemn Amreeeka for all the world's ills.

The Persian/Iranian people have been around for thousands of years.

And I find it comical that someone from 200+ year old nation is going to explain to them what they need to do in order to survive. . :cuckoo: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Persia has not been tainted by Islamism for the vast majority of it's history.

You might want to learn some history before making a fool of yourself... as usual.

..... True story

......:cool:

Forum List

Back