SAT Turns Racist...Black to Have an “Adversity Score”

Who is most likely to need this type help? And why?
Poor people, living in rough poor neighborhoods whether it's the inner city or poor rural areas....People who's parents are illiterate or almost so. People who have never had a person in their family even think about going to college let alone going.
Who is most likely to get the highest "adversity score", white kids or black kids?
I would guess white kids because there are MORE white kids living in poverty and in very adverse conditions in our country....not per capita, but definitely more white kids simply because there's more white people. I know many white families live in poverty around here...many who are either one pay check away from homelessness or are actually living with their children in hotels or their cars. It's a thing in warm weather areas of the country.

Well the racist anti-white PC March continues at the collegiate level. SAT to give an “adversity score” based on how much crime and poverty is in your zip code. This is the outgrowth of the absolute unadulterated bullshit known as “white privilege.” Democrats will embrace it because they don’t think people should overcome adversity and instead everyone should get a participation trophy.
SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Based on Social and Economic Background
I hope that the university gets sued for discrimination
Which university is that?

It's sure amusing to watch more crying over this than what happened with "Aunt Becky".

So...where's the "let's look at their race" aspect of this?

The SAT, the college entrance test taken by about two million students a year, is adding an “adversity score” to the test results that is intended to help admissions officers account for factors like educational or socioeconomic disadvantage that may depress students’ scores, the College Board, the company that administers the test, said Thursday.

Colleges have long been concerned with scoring patterns on the SAT that seem unfavorable to certain socioeconomic groups: Higher scores have been found to correlate with students coming from a higher-income families and having better-educated parents.

David Coleman, chief executive of the College Board, has described a trial version of the tool, which has been field-tested by 50 colleges, in recent interviews. The plan to roll it out officially, to 150 schools this year and more broadly in 2020, was first reported by The Wall Street Journal.

The adversity score would be a number between 1 and 100, with an average student receiving a 50. It would be calculated using 15 factors, like the relative quality of the student’s high school and the crime rate and poverty level of the student’s home neighborhood. The score would not be reported to the student, only to college officials.

From the NY Times.

Gee.....I lost track of how many times they referred to race there.
The NY Times supports it because it is another dumb fucking liberal attempt at political correctness.

Poor people, living in rough poor neighborhoods whether it's the inner city or poor rural areas....People who's parents are illiterate or almost so. People who have never had a person in their family even think about going to college let alone going.
Who is most likely to get the highest "adversity score", white kids or black kids?
I would guess white kids because there are MORE white kids living in poverty and in very adverse conditions in our country....not per capita, but definitely more white kids simply because there's more white people. I know many white families live in poverty around here...many who are either one pay check away from homelessness or are actually living with their children in hotels or their cars. It's a thing in warm weather areas of the country.
We'll fight wars to get the Man to declare our homes as bad neighborhoods so we can get a good Adversity score.

Tell us the criteria that will be used for this program? Nobody knows because the cocksuckers won’t share it with the public. I can assure you if the truth be told it will favor that liberal darling of victim groups...blacks.

Tell us the criteria that will be used for this program? Nobody knows because the cocksuckers won’t share it with the public. I can assure you if the truth be told it will favor that liberal darling of victim groups...blacks.
I bet Mayors will know the answer to that question. And those who give money to their campaigns will know too.

Well the racist anti-white PC March continues at the collegiate level. SAT to give an “adversity score” based on how much crime and poverty is in your zip code. This is the outgrowth of the absolute unadulterated bullshit known as “white privilege.” Democrats will embrace it because they don’t think people should overcome adversity and instead everyone should get a participation trophy.
SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Based on Social and Economic Background
So...only black students will get the adversity score? Only blacks have adverse social and economic backgrounds? Interesting that you believe that.........looks like YOU are the one making some pretty damning assumptions.
Yep. I’m not dumb enough to see behind this fucking bullshit ruse.
Interesting....so you believe that only black students are in adverse social and economic situations. Why do you think that is?

Gads, you're a dunce.

Why don't you simply show some guts and admit the truth.
Look at the avatar. Speaks volumes about “guts and truth.”

We'll fight wars to get the Man to declare our homes as bad neighborhoods so we can get a good Adversity score.
I'm sure you would do that.

"Dear...we're gonna give up our good paying jobs, not get an education, live in a crappy shack and in a crappy neighborhood so our kids get an extra 100 points on their SAT."

"Why darling....what a wonderful idea!"

:auiqs.jpg:

SAT will assign a new score that factors in where you live and the crime level in your neighborhood - CNN

The College Board said it would implement what it calls the "Environmental Context Dashboard," which would measure factors like the crime rate and poverty levels of a student's neighborhood, to better capture their "resourcefulness to overcome challenges and achieve more with less."
"There is talent and potential waiting to be discovered in every community -- the children of poor rural families, kids navigating the challenges of life in the inner city, and military dependents who face the daily difficulties of low income and frequent deployments as part of their family's service to our country," David Coleman, chief executive officer of the College Board said in a statement sent to CNN.

Interesting...military dependents......now I see why CRCs are so against this.

I'm sure you would do that.

"Dear...we're gonna give up our good paying jobs, not get an education, live in a crappy shack and in a crappy neighborhood so our kids get an extra 100 points on their SAT."

"Why darling....what a wonderful idea!"

:auiqs.jpg:
I never said they had to actually live there. They just need their mailing address there. Business's do stuff like that all the time to get into good legal jurisdictions.

So...only black students will get the adversity score? Only blacks have adverse social and economic backgrounds? Interesting that you believe that.........looks like YOU are the one making some pretty damning assumptions.
Lol
Political correctness/affirmative action is for fucking retards

"For decades, the College Board defended the SAT, which it writes and administers, against charges that the test gives an unfair advantage to middle-class white students. No longer. Under relentless pressure from the racial-preferences lobby, the Board has now caved to the anti-meritocratic ideology of “diversity.” The Board will calculate for each SAT-taker an “adversity score” that purports to measure a student’s socioeconomic position, according to the Wall Street Journal. Colleges can use this adversity index to boost the admissions ranking of allegedly disadvantaged students who otherwise would score too poorly to be considered for admission.

Advocates of this change claim that it is not about race. That is a fiction. In fact, the SAT adversity score is simply the latest response on the part of mainstream institutions to the seeming intractability of the racial academic-achievement gap. "
Grievance Proxies

Adversity score doesn't care what race you are. People who are white who has faced hardship but still getting good grades will benefit from this as well as minorities. In fact it equalizes us so we will be considered more on Merit with consideration of adversity without regard to race.
Not according to the OP....it's all about the blacks.
Well the OP is wrong.

"Those who rail against “white privilege” as a determinant of academic achievement have a nagging problem: Asians. Asian students outscore white students on the SAT by 100 points; they outscore blacks by 277 points. It is not Asian families’ economic capital that vaults them to the top of the academic totem pole; it is their emphasis on scholarly effort and self-discipline. Every year in New York City, Asian elementary school students vastly outperform every other racial and ethnic group on the admissions test for the city’s competitive public high schools, even though a disproportionate number of them come from poor immigrant families.

Colleges pay lip service to socioeconomic diversity, but that concept is inevitably a surrogate for race. "
Grievance Proxies

If I was half as smart as you think you are, I would open a college for people who can read and write. Wouldn't that be cool?
My dear boy....why is it that you feel the need to so quickly surrender by making the topic me instead of the SAT?

Well....back to the SAT:

"The SAT’s critics notwithstanding, no alternative measure of student capacity exists that better predicts student success. “Leadership,” “character,” “persistence”—all these earlier attempts to come up with a more politically palatable proxy for racial preferences are far less valid as a measure of academic capacity than the SAT. The College Board’s “adversity score” will be no different."
Grievance Proxies

Who is most likely to get the highest adversity score, white people or black people?

Who is most likely to get the highest adversity score, white people or black people?

That's what it's all about.

Forum List

Back