SAT Turns Racist...Black to Have an “Adversity Score”

Well the racist anti-white PC March continues at the collegiate level. SAT to give an “adversity score” based on how much crime and poverty is in your zip code. This is the outgrowth of the absolute unadulterated bullshit known as “white privilege.” Democrats will embrace it because they don’t think people should overcome adversity and instead everyone should get a participation trophy.
SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Based on Social and Economic Background
So...only black students will get the adversity score? Only blacks have adverse social and economic backgrounds? Interesting that you believe that.........looks like YOU are the one making some pretty damning assumptions.

Are you pretending to be this stupid?????

Clearly this is a proxy for race.

You mist support racism:

.... a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.

“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.

The last column draws gasps.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,”....."
For Asian Americans a changing landscape on college admissions - LA Times

Well the racist anti-white PC March continues at the collegiate level. SAT to give an “adversity score” based on how much crime and poverty is in your zip code. This is the outgrowth of the absolute unadulterated bullshit known as “white privilege.” Democrats will embrace it because they don’t think people should overcome adversity and instead everyone should get a participation trophy.
SAT to Give Students ‘Adversity Score’ to Based on Social and Economic Background
So...only black students will get the adversity score? Only blacks have adverse social and economic backgrounds? Interesting that you believe that.........looks like YOU are the one making some pretty damning assumptions.

If I was half as smart as you think you are, I would open a college for people who can read and write. Wouldn't that be cool?
My dear boy....why is it that you feel the need to so quickly surrender by making the topic me instead of the SAT?

This Does not help. It is ultimately harmful. The students can get shoehorned into the school. They can even be sent to remedial classes. Then they still cannot do the course work.

"The Painful Truth About Affirmative Action
Why racial preferences in college admissions hurt minority students -- and shroud the education system in dishonesty."
The Painful Truth About Affirmative Action

They must know it.
It's time we admit that the ultimate goal is to destroy the country.

You mist support racism:

.... a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,”....."
"mist support racism"? :71:

Yep. I’m not dumb enough to see behind this fucking bullshit ruse.
Interesting....so you believe that only black students are in adverse social and economic situations. Why do you think that is?

Gads, you're a dunce.

Why don't you simply show some guts and admit the truth.

Adversity score doesn't care what race you are. People who are white who has faced hardship but still getting good grades will benefit from this as well as minorities. In fact it equalizes us so we will be considered more on Merit with consideration of adversity without regard to race.
Not according to the OP....it's all about the blacks.
Well the OP is wrong.

On the contrary.....he's spot on.

There is no consideration of merit here, only melanin.

It's just another way to dumb down education standards in America.

It's stupid to punish kids for having good parents. They didn't choose their parents.
How are kids punished for having good parents?

They have books in the home, and speak to their children.

Now one more bar to merit will be established by Liberals.

So...where's the "let's look at their race" aspect of this?

The SAT, the college entrance test taken by about two million students a year, is adding an “adversity score” to the test results that is intended to help admissions officers account for factors like educational or socioeconomic disadvantage that may depress students’ scores, the College Board, the company that administers the test, said Thursday.

Colleges have long been concerned with scoring patterns on the SAT that seem unfavorable to certain socioeconomic groups: Higher scores have been found to correlate with students coming from a higher-income families and having better-educated parents.

David Coleman, chief executive of the College Board, has described a trial version of the tool, which has been field-tested by 50 colleges, in recent interviews. The plan to roll it out officially, to 150 schools this year and more broadly in 2020, was first reported by The Wall Street Journal.

The adversity score would be a number between 1 and 100, with an average student receiving a 50. It would be calculated using 15 factors, like the relative quality of the student’s high school and the crime rate and poverty level of the student’s home neighborhood. The score would not be reported to the student, only to college officials.

From the NY Times.

Gee.....I lost track of how many times they referred to race there.

It's just another way to dumb down education standards in America.

It's stupid to punish kids for having good parents. They didn't choose their parents.
How are kids punished for having good parents?

They have books in the home, and speak to their children.

Now one more bar to merit will be established by Liberals.
So...you are not being a good parent if you yourself are illiterate.
You are not being a good parent if you are working two jobs.

I see.

Who is most likely to need this type help? And why?
Poor people, living in rough poor neighborhoods whether it's the inner city or poor rural areas....People who's parents are illiterate or almost so. People who have never had a person in their family even think about going to college let alone going.
Who is most likely to get the highest "adversity score", white kids or black kids?

I hope that the university gets sued for discrimination

Democrat Adversity = LGBT, Black, Women, not having the latest I Phone...….

Isn't that the gist of you loons white privilege argument ?
I’m white...grew-up poor...joined military...used GI Bill to attend college. Had to work nights an weekends. Went all the way and got my Masters. Bottom line is we need no formulas to adjust the lessons of life. The very fact they are using this as a ruse for an equal system is bullshit. 80% of the people that will be given favorable quotas under this formula will be black.

If you're rich, you'd rent a house in a bad neighborhood and use it's address when your kids apply for school.

I lived in Florida, I went to school in Illinois. I got in-state tuition by renting a place prior to enrolling in school.

You mist support racism:

This is trying to push racism into the college admissions process under subterfuge.

If you're rich, you'd rent a house in a bad neighborhood and use it's address when your kids apply for school.

I lived in Florida, I went to school in Illinois. I got in-state tuition by renting a place prior to enrolling in school.
This is why this program is flawed.

Forum List

Back