Sarah Palin: Trump's Carrier deal is 'crony capitalism'

Libtards are fine with crony capitalism as long as Obama or any other Democrat is doing it. However, they get on their high horse when the Republicans do it.

There is a word for that in the English language. The word is "hypocrisy".

It is good that Palin called it out. However, it is comical to see the Moon Bats all of a sudden make like they are appalled.

Trump did it to honor his campaign promise, but he knows the only way to stop the outsourcing is to lower tax and regulation, reform or most likely withdraw from NAFTA, and tariffs on goods coming in to the country.

Except that's stupid. Most of those regulations are there for a good reason, and those taxes just end up getting paid by someone else.

So let's review, shall we. They gave Carrier 7 million in tax cuts for the next ten years, in exchange for promising not to move jobs.

Meanwhile, the top 5 execs of United Technologies made 50 million last year. Clearly, they aren't hurting for money.

well no cabinet post for you palin

Another conservative is calling “crony capitalism” on Donald Trump’s deal with Carrier, albeit an unexpected one — Sarah Palin.

In an op-ed for the website Young Conservatives, the former Alaska governor allowed that the details behind the manufacturer’s decision to keep some 1,000 jobs in Indiana at the president-elect’s behest, rather than move them to Mexico, are not yet clear. But touting the value of free markets, Palin signaled her disapproval if it was a case of “political intrusion using a stick or carrot to bribe or force one individual business to do what politicians insist.”

“When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,” she asserted.

Oh snap, there go's her veterans affairs gig. Hey, pfft, wanna know why they really called her Sarah "Barracuda?"

She likes to use her teeth?

you read the same internets as me?

No, I'm just psychotic.

Libtards are fine with crony capitalism as long as Obama or any other Democrat is doing it. However, they get on their high horse when the Republicans do it.

It is good that Palin called it out. However, it is comical to see the Moon Bats all of a sudden make like they are appalled.

Not really. I think there are a lot of cases where a tax credit is called for.

This wasn't one of them. UT is doing just fine. They get billions in government business.

This wasn't one of them. UT is doing just fine. They get billions in government business.

If Trump was smart, he would have just given United Technologies a tax break off the overseas taxes they owe money on... that they never intend to pay.

Last edited:
Trump did it to honor his campaign promise, but he knows the only way to stop the outsourcing is to lower tax and regulation, reform or most likely withdraw from NAFTA, and tariffs on goods coming in to the country.

Except that's stupid. Most of those regulations are there for a good reason, and those taxes just end up getting paid by someone else.

So let's review, shall we. They gave Carrier 7 million in tax cuts for the next ten years, in exchange for promising not to move jobs.

Meanwhile, the top 5 execs of United Technologies made 50 million last year. Clearly, they aren't hurting for money.

I agree it sucks.....Tariffs would have worked best

Unless you are a carrier customer.

Then you let the free market work and carrier customers can purchase cheaper units from the USA

Then you let the free market work and carrier customers can purchase cheaper units from the USA

Makes sense, but everything I have ever read about trade wars says they tend to get out of control. Say it works. Who is next? how about if Trump go's after beef producers or poultry suppliers or produce ? A good bit of this country's food comes from south of the border. But thats not likely, but what about tires, auto parts and such ? a tariff on stuff like that very well could effect the prices of every day items. This all could have been addressed during the primary and campaign but wasn't. Whatever. Trumps the big cheese now so we will see soon enough.

Liberals are so desperate they're now aligning with Sarah Palin. :biggrin:

"President-Elect Trump, my name is Bob Smith, and I represent Trane Air Conditioning. We are going to move our plant to Mexico. I am here to make a $10 Million deal with you. I know that you only gave Carrier $7 million, but it is hard to stop a Trane."

Psst, you just conceded that it is crony capitalism.

So are you saying you are fine with Obama and Trump's crony capitalism, or are you saying that you are not fine with both.

Gotta walk that walk ese.

Last edited:
well no cabinet post for you palin

Another conservative is calling “crony capitalism” on Donald Trump’s deal with Carrier, albeit an unexpected one — Sarah Palin.

In an op-ed for the website Young Conservatives, the former Alaska governor allowed that the details behind the manufacturer’s decision to keep some 1,000 jobs in Indiana at the president-elect’s behest, rather than move them to Mexico, are not yet clear. But touting the value of free markets, Palin signaled her disapproval if it was a case of “political intrusion using a stick or carrot to bribe or force one individual business to do what politicians insist.”

“When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,” she asserted.

Interesting. I wonder who wrote her comment.

I remember very well, the Trump tools crying endlessly about crony capitalism a very short time ago. Now, they are defending crony capitalism. You easily manipulated no-minds have zero convictions. I'm so glad I'm not you.

I don't think you or half of these other mooks have any idea what crony capitalism is. How about giving us your definition.

They got 7 million a year in incentives, IN keeps 21.5 million in State income tax and the feds keep 19.5 million in income taxes by keeping those jobs in the US. Who got the better deal?

Trump is not favoring one company over another. Trump is favoring Trump.

Trump, first, last and always.

They got 7 million a year in incentives, IN keeps 21.5 million in State income tax and the feds keep 19.5 million in income taxes by keeping those jobs in the US. Who got the better deal?

Source for the numbers?

What tax rate does a State need to collect 21.5 million in income tax from 1000 blue collar jobs? That is $21,500 in taxes per job!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back