Sarah Palin Ticketed For Speeding, Cracks A NASCAR Joke

Palin got her "college degree" after five+ YEARS and five different colleges :lol:

so what?
and you all champion education and then turn around and put someone down for it because they didn't do it in the TIME you all feel they should of..

really wow you all haven't made yourselves look good in this thread all over FRIKKEN speeding ticket

you let these trolls like lahoota and static whip you all up into frothing all over what?

Last edited:
Putting aside any personal opinions of the woman from Alaska who can see Russia from her house, my point is that her excuse was pretty darned clever....
She never said she could see Russia from her house. That was Tina Fey from SNL and dumbass liberal voters bought it hook, line and sinker.

She said "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska".....which is a pretty dumb thing to say considering it would be nearly impossible considering the width of the Bering Strait and the horizon's curvature.....but, oh well....you have to defend it, even if it is a dumb thing to say. So guess who is the dumbass?

Video with Palin saying it:
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video...=23&sigr=11aftaepj&sigt=11q3od1gi&age=0&&tt=b

People are asking me if it's possible to see Russia from Alaska. Well, the Bering Strait is over 50 miles (80 km) wide. The horizon is about 2.89 miles for a average person standing on the surface of the earth. However if one were stationed on a 100-foot tower, the horizon or farthest distance one could see before the curvature of the earth limits vision at the horizon is mere 12.25 miles. Thus, it is not possible to see Russia proper from Alaska across the Bering Strait. Wikipedia has more about the horizon.
Is It Possible to See Russia From Alaska?

CaféAuLait;9496584 said:

Help me out here, tell me the point to listen to where she said she could see Russia from her HOUSE, she never said that. You can see Russia from Alaska, Palin is correct. It was indeed Tina Fey impersonating Palin where she side "she could see Russia from her house".

Video, about one minute in:

Watch Saturday Night Live: Palin / Hillary Open Online | Hulu

I am aware of that. But with a statement that inane, she deserves all the derision she can get.

Being able to see part of the landmass of a foreign country from your doorstep or town or top of a mountain does not, I repeat, does not make one more qualified at foreign policy. And Sarah Palin was trying, in her usual snarky way, to bolster her non-existent foreign policy credentials.

:D

I don't care for Palin, but come on, she had more to say than just the 15 second clip, she went on.

Putting aside any personal opinions of the woman from Alaska who can see Russia from her house, my point is that her excuse was pretty darned clever....
She never said she could see Russia from her house. That was Tina Fey from SNL and dumbass liberal voters bought it hook, line and sinker.

She said "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska".....which is a pretty dumb thing to say considering it would be nearly impossible considering the width of the Bering Strait and the horizon's curvature.....but, oh well....you have to defend it, even if it is a dumb thing to say. So guess who is the dumbass?

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video...=23&sigr=11aftaepj&sigt=11q3od1gi&age=0&&tt=b

People are asking me if it's possible to see Russia from Alaska. Well, the Bering Strait is over 50 miles (80 km) wide. The horizon is about 2.89 miles for a average person standing on the surface of the earth. However if one were stationed on a 100-foot tower, the horizon or farthest distance one could see before the curvature of the earth limits vision at the horizon is mere 12.25 miles. Thus, it is not possible to see Russia proper from Alaska across the Bering Strait. Wikipedia has more about the horizon.

and what did she say that wasn't true?
I lived for 15 years so maybe you can clue us all in

Last edited:

Sarah Palin was allegedly caught speeding in Alaska last week, but she has an excuse that's sure to make many of her NASCAR-loving fans smile.

"I wasn’t speeding, I was qualifying," she joked to TMZ.

Records posted online by Alaska's CourtView system show Palin was ticketed by the Wasilla Police Department on July 16 for going 10 to 19 mph over the speed limit, which is listed as a minor offense.

TMZ says she was doing 63 mph in a 45 mph zone in a Toyota Tundra pickup truck.

:thup: :lol: :thup:

Gotta say, that was a pretty good response from the former Vice-Presidential candidate. Not shabby...

Let the speeding-ticket excuses begin!!! Woohoo!!!

So she admits to speeding and will pay the fine.

Big deal!

Could be a white male senator from Massachusetts who was driving drunk and killed a woman and used his name "Kennedy" to get away with murder/manslaughter.

You can see Russia from land in Alaska

snopes.com: I Can See Russia from My House

Check out Little Diomede Island (Alaska) in the Bearing Sea, a community is there and Big Diomede Island ( Russia) Palin. Visited Little Diomede while Govonor, I saw some documentary, it was before she was famous. The documentary was about the islands not Palin.

There are other points as well, from the bearing sea.

CaféAuLait;9496720 said:

Check out Little Diomede Island (Alaska) in the Bearing Sea, a community is there and Big Diomede Island ( Russia) Palin. Visited Little Diomede while Govonor, I saw some documentary, it was before she was famous. The documentary was about the islands not Palin.

exactly, I was going to search for that

but people don't want to educate themselves about Alaska or Palin so it's useless

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;9496720 said:

but people don't want to educate themselves about Alaska or Palin so it's useless

People like to leave out the fact, just like the video Posted earlier, that she mentioned that island in her comment. They choose videos which intentionally cut that part out. Snopes has the whole quote.

They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska":

Read more at snopes.com: I Can See Russia from My House

CaféAuLait;9496832 said:
CaféAuLait;9496720 said:

People like to leave out the fact, just like the video Posted earlier, that she mentioned that island in her comment. They choose videos which intentionally cut that part out. Snopes has the whole quote.

They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska":

I know, this the sad part of what politics has become...they just take what their masters and media say's and runs with it
that is why we are now with A tyrant government and Democrat party..and believe me the Republicans aren't anything to champion right now either

Palin got her "college degree" after five+ YEARS and five different colleges :lol:
So what! I knew several straight A and B students in college that took more than 5 years and several schools to graduate from college. They wanted to take semesters off and work to pay for tuition and a car as well as hop from one school to the other to experience different cultures in different regions of the country. Nothing wrong with that if their not on a time limit to graduate. I see Palin did the same thing. Now the question is how did Obama pay for his college as well as why don't he release his college admissions after Donald Trump offered him 50 million to do so?...............Again 50 million that he could send to any charity Obama wished.

What does that even mean? Jokes are supposed to make some sort of sense -- she was doing something dangerous to other drivers -- not a sport.

Pretty stupid joke. Showing her lack of a sense of humor.

She is a humorless, brainless idiot.

Speaking of humorless, brainless idiots, you mean to tell me you've never exceeded the speed limit?

What are you, some sort of dork?:eusa_angel:

and what did she say that wasn't true?
I lived for 15 years so maybe you can clue us all in

You really can't see Russia from Alaska. I didn't know you were only 15....I'm sorry, I've been mistreating you, I thought you were older.

CaféAuLait;9496720 said:

From your link:

Neither of these viewpoints offers the observer much more than a glimpse of a vast, desolate expanse, however.

Also:

Tuchman went up to the part of Alaska from which you can actually see Russia, a remote island called Little Diomede located just 2.4 miles from its Russian twin, Big Diomede.

It turns out Gary Tuchman's trip to Little Diomede sets him apart from Sarah Palin -- because she's never actually been there, nor has she set eyes on its neighbor in Russia.

CNN: Sarah Palin Has Never Seen Russia From Alaska

But that isn't what caused so much ado....it was the fact that Palin was trying to use the fact that Russia and Alaska are so close together that she has gained Foreign Policy knowledge from it....now that's what's funny.

Because of Alaska's close proximity to Russia, foreign policy issues can arise concerning Russia and Alaska. I beleive that was the point Palin was trying to make.

Palin did make several gaffes during the 08 presidential campaign. IMO the worst one was when asked about what newspapers she reads. I think that one reason for her gaffes during this time is because she was trying too hard due to her coaching by the McCain Campaign. She would had faired much better if she were allowed to be herself. Her gaffes are certainly no worse than those made by Crazy Joe Biden. Of course Biden didn't have the attack dogs of the media go after him like they did with Palin.

Last edited:
Because of Alaska's close proximity to Russia, foreign policy issues can arise concerning Russia and Alaska. I beleive that was the point Palin was trying to make.

Palin did make several gaffes during the 08 presidential campaign. IMO the worst one was when asked about what newspapers she reads. I think that one reason for her gaffes during this time is because she was trying too hard due to her coaching by the McCain Campaign. She would had faired much better if she were allowed to be herself. Her gaffes are certainly no worse than those made by Crazy Joe Biden. Of course Biden didn't have the attack dogs if the media go after him like they did with Palin.

People make gaffes.....left/right it doesn't make any difference, they're human.

As for her speeding ticket.....that was as good a response as any.....I would have said, "I thought that was the speed limit, officer"......:D

CaféAuLait;9496720 said:

From your link:

Neither of these viewpoints offers the observer much more than a glimpse of a vast, desolate expanse, however.

Also:

Tuchman went up to the part of Alaska from which you can actually see Russia, a remote island called Little Diomede located just 2.4 miles from its Russian twin, Big Diomede.

It turns out Gary Tuchman's trip to Little Diomede sets him apart from Sarah Palin -- because she's never actually been there, nor has she set eyes on its neighbor in Russia.

But that isn't what caused so much ado....it was the fact that Palin was trying to use the fact that Russia and Alaska are so close together that she has gained Foreign Policy knowledge from it....now that's what's funny.

So Palin was correct, you could see Russia from Alaska.

Whether she had been to the spot in question or not, was not the point. The fact is and still remains that she said, you could see Russia from Alaska, which is possible. Every Alaskan knows you can and it has been known for years. The fact that people that are ignorant of geography have no clue is irrelevant.

She never said she could see Russia from her home. That was Tina Fey.

The fact also remains that the Alaskan government works with the Russian goverment in making sure fishing vessels are not fishing in each others waters.

Also the Alaskan and federal government work with Russia in polar bear peservation. So there is talk between Alaska and Russa and room for diplomacy.

Sarah Palin was allegedly caught speeding in Alaska last week, but she has an excuse that's sure to make many of her NASCAR-loving fans smile.

"I wasn’t speeding, I was qualifying," she joked to TMZ.

Records posted online by Alaska's CourtView system show Palin was ticketed by the Wasilla Police Department on July 16 for going 10 to 19 mph over the speed limit, which is listed as a minor offense.

TMZ says she was doing 63 mph in a 45 mph zone in a Toyota Tundra pickup truck.

:thup: :lol: :thup:

Gotta say, that was a pretty good response from the former Vice-Presidential candidate. Not shabby...

Let the speeding-ticket excuses begin!!! Woohoo!!!

A minor offense? It sounds like she was going way over the limit. That would result in a loss of license here.

CaféAuLait;9496720 said:

From your link:

Also:

So Palin was correct, you could see Russia from Alaska.

Whether she had been to the spot in question or not, was not the point. The fact is and still remains that she said, you could see Russia from Alaska, which is possible. Every Alaskan knows you can and it has been known for years. The fact that people that are ignorant of geography have no clue is irrelevant.

She never said she could see Russia from her home. That was Tina Fey.

The fact also remains that the Alaskan government works with the Russian goverment in making sure fishing vessels are not fishing in each others waters.

Also the Alaskan and federal government work with Russia in polar bear peservation. So there is talk between Alaska and Russa and room for diplomacy.

If you go to a remote island, and stand on a very tall building....yes...:lol::lol:

But, that doesn't give her foreign policy experience.....no way, no how.:D

Forum List

Back