Sarah Palin Interview with Katie Couric on CBS Evening News

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
For all to see. Form your own opinion.

Personally, I think she came off as dumb as a box of shit.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/73Yx-RhHb4g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/73Yx-RhHb4g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Personally, I think she came off as dumb as a box of shit.

Last edited:
I think it's sad that she couldn't resist taking a swipe at Obama, though it's supposed to be a time for bipartisanship.

"I'll try to find some and I'll bring em to ya." Hilarious. I guess "John McCain is a maverick" is the answer for every question she can't actually answer intelligently.

I can't believe that someone like her is running for vice president.

It's a disgrace.

*shakes my head* I am totally amazed at that performance. She was completely unprepared for that interview. In a moment when people are looking for decisive leadership from people, " I will get back to you" especially on a topic about the very person who is your running mate, comes across like your unprepared or even worse have not even taken the time to read about the person your running with. One way or the other, as I had said in another post to Crimson, in her first interview to me at least that came off as more of a condesending exercise and the second with Hannity was more a old friends type. However, she did not do much to give me or anyone I know a good sense of confidence in her abilities.

*shakes my head* I am totally amazed at that performance. She was completely unprepared for that interview. In a moment when people are looking for decisive leadership from people, " I will get back to you" especially on a topic about the very person who is your running mate, comes across like your unprepared or even worse have not even taken the time to read about the person your running with. One way or the other, as I had said in another post to Crimson, in her first interview to me at least that came off as more of a condesending exercise and the second with Hannity was more a old friends type. However, she did not do much to give me or anyone I know a good sense of confidence in her abilities.

You could almost hear every McCain campaign staffer's (and some posters here) palm hit their forehead simultaneously after that one ...

I don't really know how you spin this one, other than it's some sort of campaign tactic to lower expectations for her debate. I can think of nothing else. I didn't slap my head, I just shook my head in the "you have to be kidding" sort of way. I will admit this interview was a complete trainwreck on her part.

The reason McCain ditched Letterman for Katie Couric might be to do damage control on the Palin interview.

Or.......it might be as my GF said, "McCain just likes women."

I dunno. Started out poorly, didn't think it ended that badly.

Besides which, how was this any worse than any interview Ubama's ever given?

"I'll get back to you."

"That's above my pay grade."

YMMV

Only in ninja-world...

"I'll send it to you" (in response to a question about de-regulation sought by John McCain) = she's a blithering idiot

"above my pay grade" (in response to a question about when life begins) = he's not arrogant enough tothink he should impose his religious beliefs on other people

amazing how that works, isn't it. :D

"I'll get back to you."

YMMV

"The question of abortion and what we can do, nationally, to lessen the number of abortions" vs. "Can you point out to me one instance in John McCain's entire Senate career where he's voted for tougher regulation"

The two questions aren't even remotely close... and while I'm an Obama supporter, and it would've been nice to hear his answer to that question, Palin was asked a question about her running mate who she believes to be the first president of the United States. Come on! Not even one McCain supporter I know thought that interview went well. "I'll get back to ya'"

Well, at least she didn't use Katie Couric's name every other word.

I thought Katie did a great job interviewing her.

Palin came off as she always does, unprepared and ill-equiped to deal with interviews.

"I'll try to find some and I'll bring em to ya." Hilarious.
If you don't know the answer, say so. That's what she did. But if she had tried to bullshit her way through, you wouldn't have liked that either right? Besides, we already have a bullshit artist running for veep, "Slow" Joe Biden:

"In 1867, during the early years of WW I, President Eisenhower was talking with one of our founding fathers Winston Churchill..."

"I'll get back to you."

YMMV

LOLOL Can you imagine if on the third time Couric asked the question, if Palin had answered "that's above my pay grade"?

I think equal time is needed here:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LB5VPvT7sFo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LB5VPvT7sFo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Forum List

Back