Sarah McLachlan changes the channel. Me too.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Sarah McLachlan: 'I Change The Channel' When My ASPCA Commercials Come On

The famed singer has lent her voice to numerous commercials sponsored by the American Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty to Animals that feature sad-looking animals desperate for a home. The PSAs have taken on a life of their own because of how hard they can be to watch. When she spoke with HuffPost Live's Caitlyn Becker about the release of her new album, "Shine On," McLachlan added that she too avoids the commercials.

"I change the channel. I can't take it," McLachlan said. "I can't even look at it. It's just so depressing."

I change it all the time too. Or mute it and look away. I know what is going on. I don't need to see it. Hurts too much.

I gave when I could. Last xmas, I did a blanket drive for the local pound and had bags of them for the dogs. The ASPCA is a great organization...I just wish I had spare money to send.
You are a good person, Sallow.

give to your local rescue and humane shelters ...that way you know what the money is being used for

give locally and dont give a mother fucking penny to peta

I find it hard to watch as well. Hard to read about and hard to know. I have wished I could un-know things. For the most part, I agree with giving locally but there are certain national/international groups I support as well.

For far too long, animal abuse has taken place behind closed doors. Phones with camera and videos have changed much of that. Shine a line on cockroaches. A big bright light. That takes national groups.

I laugh whenever I see that commercial. Of course, I am not easy to manipulate, unless I've been drinking......:lol:

Forum List

Back