Santorum's (R) last debate performance

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
He needed to hit this out of the park & well.....
Winners And Losers From Final GOP Debate - Yahoo! News
LOSERS

Rick Santorum: Whatever momentum Santorum had came to a screeching halt in tonight's debate. Romney lured Santorum time and again into defending his record in Washington. And, Santorum took the bait - responding to his attacks with process arguments and Washington gobbleygook speak.

Example: Romney attacks Santorum for his record on earmarks and Congress' voracious appetite for spending. Santorum's response: "What happened the - the 12 years I was in the United States Senate, we went from the debt to GDP ratio, which is now over 100 percent. When I came to the Senate it was 68 percent of GDP. When I left the Senate it was 64 percent of GDP."

Um, what?

LOSERS

Rick Santorum: Whatever momentum Santorum had came to a screeching halt in tonight's debate. Romney lured Santorum time and again into defending his record in Washington. And, Santorum took the bait - responding to his attacks with process arguments and Washington gobbleygook speak.

Example: Romney attacks Santorum for his record on earmarks and Congress' voracious appetite for spending. Santorum's response: "What happened the - the 12 years I was in the United States Senate, we went from the debt to GDP ratio, which is now over 100 percent. When I came to the Senate it was 68 percent of GDP. When I left the Senate it was 64 percent of GDP."

Um, what?

I still like when Santorum said he "Took one for the team".

LOSERS

Um, what?

I still like when Santorum said he "Took one for the team".

yeah. :tongue:

There may have been a candidate or two who wisely decided to sit this one out as it isn't easy running against a successful incumbent President

There may have been a candidate or two who wisely decided to sit this one out as it isn't easy running against a successful incumbent President

He doesn't actually think this folks, he's just baiting.

I meant an unknown candidate but they still can't get away from their undesirable policies. Plus you have to be far right to win the nomination in this cycle it appears.

Obama won the debate last night

None of the candidates look close to being presidential

I can't find who said it at the moment - I read it last night, but one of the Republican pundits I think summed up Santorum's performance very well when he said something along the lines of "He spend the entire evening trying to explain why he voted for a bunch of stuff he didn't believe in...and thats not good."

I was very unimpressed with Santorum - but, full disclosure - I never had any interest in him being the nominee to begin with.

Obama won the debate last night

None of the candidates look close to being presidential

Obama hasn't either :eusa_eh:

69 million Americans would disagree

Sort of, but let's break that down. There's 309 million americans. So 22% of americans like Obama enough to vote for him, but how much of that 22% is just voting for the lesser of 2 evils? How much of that 22% know what Obama has done in office?

So roughly somewhere between 10-20% of americans actually support Obama and what he's doing.

and that many disagreed when Bush was President, yes? or are you just playing the role of Obama's concubine again?

Actually, Bush had it too. A certain country boy charm that voters say....this is a guy I would like to sit down and have a beer with

Looking "presidential" is an indefinable characteristic that voters say....I would be comfortable with this guy as president

JFK had it, Reagan had it, Clinton had it, Obama has it
Guys like Dukakis, Mondale, Dole didn't

None of the current GOP field has the charisma to be considered presidential

Sort of, but let's break that down. There's 309 million americans. So 22% of americans like Obama enough to vote for him, but how much of that 22% is just voting for the lesser of 2 evils? How much of that 22% know what Obama has done in office?

So roughly somewhere between 10-20% of americans actually support Obama and what he's doing.

Babys don't vote

Forum List

Back