Santorum's (R) last debate performance

69 million Americans would disagree

Sort of, but let's break that down. There's 309 million americans. So 22% of americans like Obama enough to vote for him, but how much of that 22% is just voting for the lesser of 2 evils? How much of that 22% know what Obama has done in office?

So roughly somewhere between 10-20% of americans actually support Obama and what he's doing.

Babys don't vote

Lol you got me there i didn't factor that in, but even still it's minority who support Obama.

He needed to hit this out of the park & well.....
Winners And Losers From Final GOP Debate - Yahoo! News
LOSERS

Rick Santorum: Whatever momentum Santorum had came to a screeching halt in tonight's debate. Romney lured Santorum time and again into defending his record in Washington. And, Santorum took the bait - responding to his attacks with process arguments and Washington gobbleygook speak.

Example: Romney attacks Santorum for his record on earmarks and Congress' voracious appetite for spending. Santorum's response: "What happened the - the 12 years I was in the United States Senate, we went from the debt to GDP ratio, which is now over 100 percent. When I came to the Senate it was 68 percent of GDP. When I left the Senate it was 64 percent of GDP."

Um, what?

They're ALL losers since they don't even bother talking about the issues. They just snipe at each other and mischaracterize the issues, their previous positions, and the positions of their opponents. It's little more than a disinformation conference. Why any American would vote for any of the GOP candidate when they don't have any ideas or any kind of vision for the future is beyond my understanding. The GOP has become a joke. It's certainly a shadow of the political party it used to be.

Obama won the debate last night

None of the candidates look close to being presidential

Obama hasn't either :eusa_eh:

The living or dead pool?

Obama just followed Jimmy Carter who gave away the Panama Canal, now run by the Chinese, into giving American oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico over to the Russians by way of Cuba, and it is unfolding one of his trillion dollars he's spent is being focused on Democrat campaign contributors and not the American people in particular. What does it take to get through to you that Obama will not be in office much longer? His handing back of Iraq to Saddam-like leaders who go hand in hand with other terrorist nations is not going to go down well with the military community who busted their butts to bring freedom to those in Iraq who were facing genocide at the hands of Saddam. America is also seeing another Gulf of Mexico country turning to Russia for help--Venezuela, whose leader has made an agreement to let Russia build a super military complex in their country to protect Chavez from his insane paranoia that America is going to get him. I'm sorry, but Obama is too dangerous to turn loose for another four-year stint, this time with his lack of reckoning with voters in favor of doing what he went to Washington to do in the first place--to damn America just like Rev. Jeremia Wright and his other underground friends like the cop-killer Ayers want.

I just don't think the people of America are in favor of more fed/community/ism than he has already pushed on us through Czars.

If people don't like free enterprise, please quit putting them in the Oval office, and let them go find a country more to their liking.

Plz?

Thx.

Personally, I found it refreshing.

He didn't run from it, deflect, change the subject, blame anyone else...

He was honest...I did this, here's why.

Isn't that what we are looking for...someone who is willing to tell the truth, even when it is damaging, or unpopular?

Last edited:
Obama hasn't either :eusa_eh:

The living or dead pool?

Obama just followed Jimmy Carter who gave away the Panama Canal, now run by the Chinese, into giving American oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico over to the Russians by way of Cuba, and it is unfolding one of his trillion dollars he's spent is being focused on Democrat campaign contributors and not the American people in particular. What does it take to get through to you that Obama will not be in office much longer? His handing back of Iraq to Saddam-like leaders who go hand in hand with other terrorist nations is not going to go down well with the military community who busted their butts to bring freedom to those in Iraq who were facing genocide at the hands of Saddam. America is also seeing another Gulf of Mexico country turning to Russia for help--Venezuela, whose leader has made an agreement to let Russia build a super military complex in their country to protect Chavez from his insane paranoia that America is going to get him. I'm sorry, but Obama is too dangerous to turn loose for another four-year stint, this time with his lack of reckoning with voters in favor of doing what he went to Washington to do in the first place--to damn America just like Rev. Jeremia Wright and his other underground friends like the cop-killer Ayers want.

I just don't think the people of America are in favor of more fed/community/ism than he has already pushed on us through Czars.

If people don't like free enterprise, please quit putting them in the Oval office, and let them go find a country more to their liking.

Plz?

Thx.

Save us your mythology

The living or dead pool?

Plz?

Thx.

Save us your mythology

This is not mythology, sir: this article tells just how harshly the Americans took Jimmy Carter's Panama sell-out by 1979--the mail was running over 70% against it. "Carter Forced Congress to Pass Treaties against the best interests of the American people...THE PANAMA CANAL SELLOUT"

Bypassing the best interests of the American people is a truly bad thing to do and that is not a myth. That is one of several bad decisions Carter made to alienate the American people from his badministration.

The Moscow Times Article, April 2010
: Putin, Chavez Boost Ties in Oil, Nuclear Power for Venezuela: "Chavez had said he wanted to buy T-72-S tanks, Smerch multiple launch rocket systems, S-300 and Antey-250 anti-aircraft guided missile systems, although no new arms deals were signed Friday."

Obama State Department Giving Away Seven Oil-Rich Islands to the Russians in Alaska (Where Democrats won't let America drill, but they think it's goddamn okay if Russia does it.)

Obama Surrenders Gulf Oil To Moscow

Vote Obama out of office in November. We can't afford more of his and Hillary's give-a-ways to people slumming with Iran. You know where the Iranian President Ahmadinejad says he didn't say "Wipe the USA and Israel off the face of the map" and he didn't say it ten or fifteen times?

Just get him out.

Last edited:
The living or dead pool?

Plz?

Thx.

Save us your mythology

This is not mythology, sir: this article tells just how harshly the Americans took Jimmy Carter's Panama sell-out by 1979--the mail was running over 70% against it. "Carter Forced Congress to Pass Treaties against the best interests of the American people...THE PANAMA CANAL SELLOUT"

Bypassing the best interests of the American people is a truly bad thing to do and that is not a myth. That is one of several bad decisions Carter made to alienate the American people from his badministration.

The Moscow Times Article, April 2010
: Putin, Chavez Boost Ties in Oil, Nuclear Power for Venezuela: "Chavez had said he wanted to buy T-72-S tanks, Smerch multiple launch rocket systems, S-300 and Antey-250 anti-aircraft guided missile systems, although no new arms deals were signed Friday."

Obama State Department Giving Away Seven Oil-Rich Islands to the Russians in Alaska (Where Democrats won't let America drill, but they think it's goddamn okay if Russia does it.)

Obama Surrenders Gulf Oil To Moscow

Vote Obama out of office in November. We can't afford more of his and Hillary's give-a-ways to people slumming with Iran. You know where the Iranian President Ahmadinejad says he didn't say "Wipe the USA and Israel off the face of the map" and he didn't say it ten or fifteen times?

Just get him out.

Excuse me..

Right wing propaganda and historical revisionism

Excuse me? The historical revisionism was going on before Carter forced Congress on the Panama Canal giveaway. Carter didn't mind that 70% of the American people wanted to keep control of the Panama Canal and could have done that for us.

The Chinese are now in charge of running the Panama Canal. Next time you hear China refusing to equalize trade between our two countries and kissing nuclear Iran's ass, you think of me rightwinger.

Oh, yeah, and it's not revisionism to say the American people were mad at Carter. A Hollywood screen star beat him in a landslide election because he gave away the Panama Canal. Everybody I knew at the time was madder than a hell hatter over Carter giving away the Canal. My husband's granddad helped dig it.

That was American labor given away for free, no strings attached, and now the second biggest abuser of human labor rights in the world has the keys to the lochs.

YOU DON"T GIVE AWAY WHAT AMERICAN INGENUITY BUILT

But Carter did. And Obama isn't going to be outdone. He's gonna stick it to the state of Alaska and give 7 of their most promising oil resources and sea floor away to the Russians "for strategic purposes".

When are you going to get it? STRATEGIC PURPOSES!

Good Laws of Mercy, man. With Russian missiles being put in place in Venezuela, a straight shot over the Gulf of Mexico to Miami, Russia has all the STRAGETY they need to take us out.

Smell the coffee now?

Santorum's debate performance was poor in terms of persuading people that he could be trusted on matters of actual principles to conservative issues.

He gets minor positive points, however, for at least owning up to his record. Honesty should count for something.

Santorum's debate performance was poor in terms of persuading people that he could be trusted on matters of actual principles to conservative issues.

He gets minor positive points, however, for at least owning up to his record. Honesty should count for something.

yeah but he was more making excuses.

Oh, yeah, and it's not revisionism to say the American people were mad at Carter. A Hollywood screen star beat him in a landslide election because he gave away the Panama Canal. Everybody I knew at the time was madder than a hell hatter over Carter giving away the Canal. My husband's granddad helped dig it.

That was American labor given away for free, no strings attached, and now the second biggest abuser of human labor rights in the world has the keys to the lochs.

YOU DON"T GIVE AWAY WHAT AMERICAN INGENUITY BUILT

But Carter did. And Obama isn't going to be outdone. He's gonna stick it to the state of Alaska and give 7 of their most promising oil resources and sea floor away to the Russians "for strategic purposes".

When are you going to get it? STRATEGIC PURPOSES!

Good Laws of Mercy, man. With Russian missiles being put in place in Venezuela, a straight shot over the Gulf of Mexico to Miami, Russia has all the STRAGETY they need to take us out.

Smell the coffee now?
Many of our ships could not go through, it was becoming a white elephant. But I guess American deaths are better than not alienating allies or neutral countries. Note two US deaths, so far, because of BURNING the Koran, and uprisings in Kabul continue.

yeah but he was more making excuses.

I do not disagree. He kind of confessed that he voted contrary to his stated political philosophy, but couched the confession in terms of, "but it had to be done at the time due to the 'needs' of the Party . . . . " :eusa_hand:

Well, no. You did it, Senator. But you didn't HAVE to do it at all, much less for those petty "reasons." MAYBE what the Party actually needed was a person with a bit more spine.

MAYBE that's what the Country needed. And MAYBE it's what we are looking for. MAYBE you aren't the right guy to be looking AT.

And yet ... honestly, he'd still be a VAST improvement over the incumbent.

and that many disagreed when Bush was President, yes? or are you just playing the role of Obama's concubine again?

Actually, Bush had it too. A certain country boy charm that voters say....this is a guy I would like to sit down and have a beer with

Looking "presidential" is an indefinable characteristic that voters say....I would be comfortable with this guy as president

JFK had it, Reagan had it, Clinton had it, Obama has it
Guys like Dukakis, Mondale, Dole didn't

None of the current GOP field has the charisma to be considered presidential

Newt has the charisma, but it does not help a slime mold like him much.

and that many disagreed when Bush was President, yes? or are you just playing the role of Obama's concubine again?

Actually, Bush had it too. A certain country boy charm that voters say....this is a guy I would like to sit down and have a beer with

Looking "presidential" is an indefinable characteristic that voters say....I would be comfortable with this guy as president

JFK had it, Reagan had it, Clinton had it, Obama has it
Guys like Dukakis, Mondale, Dole didn't

None of the current GOP field has the charisma to be considered presidential
I don't see in Bush II, Clinton, Carter, Ford, GHWB, LBJ, Obama, nor Reagan. In fact I don't a BUDDY as President. I want so much hard work, he or she has no time for relaxation.

He needed to hit this out of the park & well.....
Winners And Losers From Final GOP Debate - Yahoo! News
LOSERS

Rick Santorum: Whatever momentum Santorum had came to a screeching halt in tonight's debate. Romney lured Santorum time and again into defending his record in Washington. And, Santorum took the bait - responding to his attacks with process arguments and Washington gobbleygook speak.

Example: Romney attacks Santorum for his record on earmarks and Congress' voracious appetite for spending. Santorum's response: "What happened the - the 12 years I was in the United States Senate, we went from the debt to GDP ratio, which is now over 100 percent. When I came to the Senate it was 68 percent of GDP. When I left the Senate it was 64 percent of GDP."

Um, what?

Santorum--got clobbered last night with the help of Ron Paul whom nailed big spender--earmarker to his forehead. Even called Santorum a FAKE right to his face.

I counted at least 4 times when Santorum was boooed last night. The biggest Boo came regarding the education no bill left behind bill he signed off on. As soon as he said he was a "team player"--meaning go along to get along--that did it.

Put a fork in Santorum--he's done.

12777d1329018033-santorum-has-big-problems-earmarks-pay-play-campaign-donations-104640_600.jpg

It was clearly pointed out last night that Santorum is no fiscal conservative and he has the voting and earmark record to prove it.

Personally, I found it refreshing.

He didn't run from it, deflect, change the subject, blame anyone else...

He was honest...I did this, here's why.

Isn't that what we are looking for...someone who is willing to tell the truth, even when it is damaging, or unpopular?

No. It's too late for that shit. 10 years ago that would have been ok, but there's no more margin for error left. We don't have the luxury of any more damage being done. So honesty about damaging legislation you supported means NOTHING to me at this point.

Forum List

Back