Santorum SLAMS Protestants--states they are no longer Christians.

I'm not seeing the problem with his statement. A lot of the Protestant Churches have lost sight of their goal. They just see their church as a business where it's a nice place to have a wedding or a funeral. They really don't have a message anymore.

How is this a political issue?

Because you have a candidate that is so into the Catholic church--who is out there every single day--wearing--Christianity on his sleeve--he's scary.

YOU SEEM to forget that our forefathers RISKED their lives--when coming to this country--in order to escape the religious persecution coming from the Catholic church. They were called Protestants.

What are you afraid of? God?

I'm not seeing the problem with his statement. A lot of the Protestant Churches have lost sight of their goal. They just see their church as a business where it's a nice place to have a wedding or a funeral. They really don't have a message anymore.

Because you have a candidate that is so into the Catholic church--who is out there every single day--wearing--Christianity on his sleeve--he's scary.

YOU SEEM to forget that our forefathers RISKED their lives--when coming to this country--in order to escape the religious persecution coming from the Catholic church. They were called Protestants.

And the fact that Santorum believes so strongly in his "values" that he is stumping on them, rather than all of the other real problems this country is facing is scaring the shit out of the American voters. Minus the religious right, anyway....

LOOK---I am a Christian--have been all my life. Who I am afraid of is RICK SANTORUM.

Protestants founded this country--by leaving the Catholic church--whom sought more religious FREEDOM. They risked their lives in order to form this country--and we have RICK SANTORUM--who is here telling them they're not CHRISTIANS--and who now wants to be the supreme leader of the country they founded.---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

JFK was a Catholic & would have never dreamed of making comments that contraceptives are bad for women's health--and that "States have the Right to Ban Birth control contraceptives, and would have never blamed society for the sexual abuse committed by Catholic Priests, etc. etc. etc. Santorum did.

It should be apparent that the ONLY thing Rick Santorum is about is the Catholic Church. He does not respect the religious RIGHTS of others with this comment. With all these comments coming out of Santorum's MOUTH--I consider Santorum to be UNFIT to be POTUS.

90240375-ron-paul.jpg

Last edited:
A real Christian with any sense of honesty can easily admit that Christian churches have slipped into the "feel-good, all about me, no hell-fire and brimstone sermon" type "non-denominational " variety.

Santorum is simply being honest.

Christians aren't out making a stand on anything.
The key word is PROTESTant.
No one is protesting anymore. They are happy to sit idly by and let the secular world take over.

"As for me and my house, we will worship the Lord."

Rick Santorum is not a TRUE conservative, he is a big spending career politician, who never saw an earmark he did not like. Good Grief, if you want a Priest go to church but keep the Priest out of the Presidency, there is no place for that in our country.

A real Christian with any sense of honesty can easily admit that Christian churches have slipped into the "feel-good, all about me, no hell-fire and brimstone sermon" type "non-denominational " variety.

No one is protesting anymore. They are happy to sit idly by and let the secular world take over.

I do the same but it's from my house, not the people's house and I certainly do not want a President who preaches his morality from the bully pulpit and forces it onto the rest of us.

Rick Santorum missed his calling, he needs to go back into the priesthood and preach from a Cathedral not from the oval office.

BTW for being such a great Catholic he only gave 2.4% of his million dollar income in charitable donations. Hmmmmmmmmmm, usually it's about 10% for devout Catholics.

Is that a fact? I thought they were leaving the Church of England?

It doesn't matter--they are constitutionally protected to believe whatever they want. It's Rick Santorum that comes right out of the 16/17th CENTURY--who is trying to impose his Catholic beliefs on the rest of us.

Santorum has INSULTED the very people who ran from the Catholic church and FOUNDED this country. Our Forefathers were protestants. Now he wants to be their leader---:lol::lol:

The Church of England was Roman Catholic.
As a result of Augustine's mission, the church in England became an integral part of the Roman Catholic Church and acknowledged the authority of the Pope
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_England

The reason the Protestant group was born was to form freedom from the Catholic church--that is why we have seen so much violence between Catholic's and Protestant's over the last centuries.

Rick Santorum is still PISSED that it wasn't Catholic church that founded this country--because they were on a world-wide march to take over. Fortunately for us it was Protestants that believed in freedom of religion that founded this country.

Last edited:

And just look at what the Puritans did when given a chance to run things. :eek:

As a result of Augustine's mission, the church in England became an integral part of the Roman Catholic Church and acknowledged the authority of the Pope
Church of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The reason the Protestant group was born was to form freedom from the Catholic church--that is why we have seen so much violence between Catholic's and Protestant's over the last centuries.

Rick Santorum is still PISSED that it wasn't Catholic's that founded this country--because they were on a world-wide march to take over. Fortunately for us it was Protestants that believed in freedom of religion that founded this country.

The Roman Catholic Church would disagree.

It isn't. But it wasn't at a political event. He was a speaker at a Catholic College expressing an opinion on religion. In 2008.

Which, in itself, is pretty much a danger. He's given himself the power to decide who's in the "Christian Club".

No more than anyone else has... If you belong to a denomination, you are stating all the others are wrong, really. I mean, I know you don't say it in polite company, but secretly, all the religionists are thinking. "Ha, ha, you are going to Hell, and we are going to heaven. Ha ha".

Which always strikes me as a little silly.

But his criticism was that these mainline protestant chruches don't really stand for anything, and he's right.

In my 59 years--going through all the Presidents that have come & gone--of every different religion--Rick Santorum is the NUT-CASE--and obviously with this statement basically stating if you're not a Catholic--you're not a Christian is beyond the pale.

No other Presidential candidate has invoked so much of HIS OWN personal EXTREME religious beliefs into a campaign--while he INSULTS the very foundation of this country by doing so. Our forefathers were Protestants--not Catholics.

LOOK---I am a Christian--have been all my life. Who I am afraid of is RICK SANTORUM.

Protestants founded this country--by leaving the Catholic church--whom sought more religious FREEDOM. They risked their lives in order to form this country--and we have RICK SANTORUM--who is here telling them they're not CHRISTIANS--and who now wants to be the supreme leader of the country they founded.---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

JFK was a Catholic & would have never dreamed of making comments that contraceptives are bad for women's health--and that "States have the Right to Ban Birth control contraceptives, and would have never blamed society for the sexual abuse committed by Catholic Priests, etc. etc. etc. Santorum did.

It should be apparent that the ONLY thing Rick Santorum is about is the Catholic Church. He does not respect the religious RIGHTS of others with this comment. With all these comments coming out of Santorum's MOUTH--I consider Santorum to be UNFIT to be POTUS.

90240375-ron-paul.jpg

He did not say that. He voiced an opinion that is shared within the ecumenical community about Christian denominations that have evolved away from their traditional roots to espouse a more liberal agenda. I graduated college with a degree in Religion back in 1979 and can assure you that the discussion was being had well over 30 years ago. You'll have to show me in black and white where he said they "were not Christians". You're twisting what he said......and as I laid out earlier, I am no Santorum fan and I do not want him to get the nomination. But I will call a spade a spade and be objective about all the candidates on both sides and this comment he made that has you shaking in your boots is about as valid as the claim that Republicans are against contraception. Simply laughable.

You're afraid of Rick Santorum? Really?
Kennedy didnt talk about contraceptives because many states banned their use, or required a doctor's prescription. That was what Griswold was all about.
Santorum brings legitimate issues. At one time these were mainstream ideas. They might still be, outside of the media.

Which, in itself, is pretty much a danger. He's given himself the power to decide who's in the "Christian Club".

No more than anyone else has... If you belong to a denomination, you are stating all the others are wrong, really. I mean, I know you don't say it in polite company, but secretly, all the religionists are thinking. "Ha, ha, you are going to Hell, and we are going to heaven. Ha ha".

Which always strikes me as a little silly.

But his criticism was that these mainline protestant chruches don't really stand for anything, and he's right.

In my 59 years--going through all the Presidents that have come & gone--of every different religion--Rick Santorum is the NUT-CASE--and obviously with this statement basically stating if you're not a Catholic--you're not a Christian is beyond the pale.

No other Presidential candidate has invoked so much of HIS OWN personal EXTREME religious beliefs into a campaign--while he INSULTS the very foundation of this country by doing so. Our forefathers were Protestants--not Catholics.

Didnt read the article I see.

Yeah, his post is a little light on historical fact.

Church of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rick Santorum is still PISSED that it wasn't Catholic church that founded this country--because they were on a world-wide march to take over. Fortunately for us it was Protestants that believed in freedom of religion that founded this country.

Ummm....you may want to update your database by, oh, 1300 years or so to King Henry VIII, who separated the CofE from the Catholic Church so that he could continue to marry/"divorce".

Last I checked, King Henry VIII was a long time before our founders left England to escape "religious oppression".

--
Chris Hayes Digs Up 2008 Santorum Speech Stating Protestants Are ‘Gone From The World Of Christianity’ | Mediaite

Obviously a big BLOOPER for Rick Santorum--basically bashing the people that have been supporting him. Not everyone in this country is Catholic--in fact the overwhelming majority are Evangelicals--that fall under his attack of Protestant's. Certainly, this is something that Rick Santorum wishes--was never dug up--but the news is out now--and is seeping into the news media.

I am really not certain right now if this candidate didn't miss his calling in life. I think Santorum is much better suited to be a Catholic Priest than the POTUS.

106620_600.jpg

It's okay with you that he insulted the millions upon millions of Baptists, Methodists, Luthrens, Presberterians, Episcapalians, and all other protestants, he might as well called them all INFIDELS.

And for all you far right fringe Christians, have you seen this? in my humble opinion to be considered a conservative you should have a conservative voting record to go along with that conservative social record. For your enjoyment: and more to come. Please take notice that this add will be run by Ron Paul NOT Mitt Romney.

» New Ron Paul 2012 Ad Slams Santorum As “Fake” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Wow little worked up over nothing?? people that go to church,this is daily conversation. What church is a "hot " church ,which ones are more a social club,this was his opinion ,one shared and voiced by many church going people of all strips .Its funny the ones that howl the loudest most likely hav't been to a church since the last wedding or funeral.

As far as taking any form of campaign "news" to the bank,only the foolish.

It doesn't matter--they are constitutionally protected to believe whatever they want. It's Rick Santorum that comes right out of the 16/17th CENTURY--who is trying to impose his Catholic beliefs on the rest of us.

Santorum has INSULTED the very people who ran from the Catholic church and FOUNDED this country. Our Forefathers were protestants. Now he wants to be their leader---:lol::lol:

How so?

He's pandering to a demographic, period.

And the pounding on the doors of Christie, Daniels, Bush and Ryan grow louder by the minute....

There's no reason for them to do so.

I do think Jeb fully plans to run in 2016.

First, after 8 years, people will forget about Katrina, not care so much about Iraq (where people will be yelling "Who Lost Iraq" when it becomes an Iranian satellite State) and just kind of remember that under George W. Bush, we didn't consider 8% unemployment as "acceptable".

Obama can't run again, and after the slaughters of 2010, and the impending one of 2014, the Democrats will have a very thin bench.

Bush (whose wife is Hispanic) could appeal to Hispanics.

Bush's wife Laura is Hispanic?.....i dont think so......:eusa_eh:....

I was talking about Jeb Bush's wife, Columba.

Columba Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Columbabush.jpg

Forum List

Back