Santorum SLAMS Protestants--states they are no longer Christians.

Im not Creepy Rickey's kind of KKKristian, that's for damned sure.

And I am damned proud of it too.

You want a another round of reformation wars between Christians, Rickey?

Bring it on lad, my people STARTED the Hussite reformation.

And your murderous RC church never recovered from it, either.

Im not Creepy Rickey's kind of KKKristian, that's for damned sure.

And I am damned proud of it too.

You want a another round of reformation wars between Christians, Rickey?

Bring it on lad, my people STARTED the Hussite reformation.

And your murderous RC church never recovered from it, either.

Ooooooookay.

If there was a Christian Left that really did counter the Christian Right, that might be a good thing. But they aren't even making that bare effort. I think there is a liberal religious message that could be pitched.

Tax cuts for rich people is not the central message of Christianity.

Protestant Churches aren't even making that effort. They are really AWOL on all issues of import, and I think that's what Santorum was trying to get across.

Tax hikes for rich people are also not a Christian message. In fact, tax policy is not a religious issue, nor should it be. Yet the Obama Administration has enlisted pastors and clergymen in its efforts to get its legislation passed. This is shameful abuse of office.

Tax hikes for rich people are also not a Christian message. In fact, tax policy is not a religious issue, nor should it be. Yet the Obama Administration has enlisted pastors and clergymen in its efforts to get its legislation passed. This is shameful abuse of office.

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. -- Luke 16:19-25

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. -- Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:23-25

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -- Luke 6:24

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. -- James 5:1

Sorry, the whole notion that Christianity is an endorsement of Republican fiscal policy is laughable at best.

I'm not seeing the problem with his statement. A lot of the Protestant Churches have lost sight of their goal. They just see their church as a business where it's a nice place to have a wedding or a funeral. They really don't have a message anymore.

How is this a political issue?

Because you have a candidate that is so into the Catholic church--who is out there every single day--wearing--Christianity on his sleeve--he's scary.

YOU SEEM to forget that our forefathers RISKED their lives--when coming to this country--in order to escape the religious persecution coming from the Catholic church. They were called Protestants.

I think you sorta missed the point.

Politics should not mix with religion. Yet conservatives have made religion a litmus test for politicians. And the Republicans are making sure that this stays the case.

Even Romney..who for the most part was keeping away from this..has criticized the President about his religion.

They are treading on very dangerous ground on settled issues. It's nothing new for them. Conservative politics generally involves smoke, mirrors, strawmen and ripping off scabs.

How is this a political issue?

Because you have a candidate that is so into the Catholic church--who is out there every single day--wearing--Christianity on his sleeve--he's scary.

YOU SEEM to forget that our forefathers RISKED their lives--when coming to this country--in order to escape the religious persecution coming from the Catholic church. They were called Protestants.

I think you sorta missed the point.

Politics should not mix with religion. Yet conservatives have made religion a litmus test for politicians. And the Republicans are making sure that this stays the case.

Even Romney..who for the most part was keeping away from this..has criticized the President about his religion.

They are treading on very dangerous ground on settled issues. It's nothing new for them. Conservative politics generally involves smoke, mirrors, strawmen and ripping off scabs.

It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.
-Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. -- Luke 16:19-25

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. -- Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:23-25

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -- Luke 6:24

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. -- James 5:1

Sorry, the whole notion that Christianity is an endorsement of Republican fiscal policy is laughable at best.
Maybe you need to try reading what I wrote. Or better yet, have an adult explain it to you.
Do you think it is less laughable that Christianity is an endoresement of the Obama Administration's policies?

Maybe you need to try reading what I wrote. Or better yet, have an adult explain it to you.
Do you think it is less laughable that Christianity is an endoresement of the Obama Administration's policies?

NO more than Republicans lining up Clergymen saying Jay-a-zus is all down with their policies, which they do all the time.

Even Jesus said to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto God what is God's", when the Pharisees whined about paying their taxes to Rome. His justifcation is that Caesar's picture was on the coinage. So since Washington is on the currency, we should render unto Washington what is Washington's.

Forum List

Back