Santorum SLAMS Protestants--states they are no longer Christians.

I knew a chick who posed for biker mag pics. Secretary of my old boss.
She thought she was a "model"

LMAO
I used to cough "skank" whenever I'd talk to her.

And the pounding on the doors of Christie, Daniels, Bush and Ryan grow louder by the minute....

There's no reason for them to do so.

I do think Jeb fully plans to run in 2016.

First, after 8 years, people will forget about Katrina, not care so much about Iraq (where people will be yelling "Who Lost Iraq" when it becomes an Iranian satellite State) and just kind of remember that under George W. Bush, we didn't consider 8% unemployment as "acceptable".

Obama can't run again, and after the slaughters of 2010, and the impending one of 2014, the Democrats will have a very thin bench.

Bush (whose wife is Hispanic) could appeal to Hispanics.

Bush's wife Laura is Hispanic?.....i dont think so......:eusa_eh:....

Jeb Bush.

On today’s Up with Chris Hayes, the host unveiled a 2008 talk by Rick Santorum that could possibly be the only thing to make him lose the American religious vote: one in which he condemns “mainline protestantism,” of all things, and claims it is now “gone from the world of Christianity.” Needless to say, these sorts of words coming from a Catholic cannot inspire confidence in the sort of voter that looked askance at John F. Kennedy for being a Papist.

The speech is from a 2008 event at Ave Maria College in Florida, where Santorum notes that America was founded upon a Christian philosophy but “the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant one.” “We look at the shape of mainline protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it,” he concludes.
--
Chris Hayes Digs Up 2008 Santorum Speech Stating Protestants Are ‘Gone From The World Of Christianity’ | Mediaite

Obviously a big BLOOPER for Rick Santorum--basically bashing the people that have been supporting him. Not everyone in this country is Catholic--in fact the overwhelming majority are Evangelicals--that fall under his attack of Protestant's. Certainly, this is something that Rick Santorum wishes--was never dug up--but the news is out now--and is seeping into the news media.

I am really not certain right now if this candidate didn't miss his calling in life. I think Santorum is much better suited to be a Catholic Priest than the POTUS.

106620_600.jpg

Well what do you know? Protestants practice a phony theology too!

Do you think that, if we could peep into the minds of most of the top Republicans, they've given up on 2012?

I thought they gave up on it the minute they decided to go along with Romney as the nominee because he threatened to outspend anyone else.

I think the Establishment's position from the get-go was that the TEA Party was a grass-roots movement that had to be stopped at all costs. Even if it meant giving Obama a second term.

Reps your way, the best explanation of events to date.

Neg rep to the OP for distortion.

So we have a 4 year old speech by Santorum in which he probably bemoans the fact that many mainline protestant churches have taken up the liberal social agenda rather than traditional church work. This is a criticism made by many others.

People must be desperately scared of Santorum, who they dismissed 6 months ago as unelectable.

So, you negged the OP for producing Santorum's own words? The internet is a wonderful thing. Just as the GOP attempted to scare the hell out of everyone with old video from a Obama's pastor during 2008. And those weren't even Obama's own words. At the very least, what the OP produced, Santorum actually said...

The Rabbi DOES NOT like to hear the Truth. That much has become clear.

So we have a 4 year old speech by Santorum in which he probably bemoans the fact that many mainline protestant churches have taken up the liberal social agenda rather than traditional church work. This is a criticism made by many others.

People must be desperately scared of Santorum, who they dismissed 6 months ago as unelectable.

So, you negged the OP for producing Santorum's own words? The internet is a wonderful thing. Just as the GOP attempted to scare the hell out of everyone with old video from a Obama's pastor during 2008. And those weren't even Obama's own words. At the very least, what the OP produced, Santorum actually said...

It wasn't Santorum's own words. It was a distortion of his words, a misrepresentation. You probably don't get that. But you do get a neg rep all your own, silly boy.

You have no idea what "truth" is.

It wasn't Santorum's own words. It was a distortion of his words, a misrepresentation. You probably don't get that. But you do get a neg rep all your own, silly boy.

No. It was YOU not wanting to take Santorum at his word. They were HIS words. Spoken by HIM. Just like his own words will haunt him on his belief that contraception is dangerous.

The speech was in 2008, before a bunch of Catholics.

The only reason why it is brought up today is because the democrats badly need it. Just make it look like the speech was given yesterday and democrats will surely believe it.

The speech was in 2008, before a bunch of Catholics.

The only reason why it is brought up today is because the democrats badly need it. Just make it look like the speech was given yesterday and democrats will surely believe it.

Are you saying that since 2008, Santorum has changed his position on this? Does he suddenly no longer feel this way? Phoney theology, anyone?

You have no idea what "truth" is.

Coming from you, that is quite the compliment....it's like Hitler telling me I don't know how to deal with "undesirables".

And the pounding on the doors of Christie, Daniels, Bush and Ryan grow louder by the minute....
Can Christie fit through a door?

No. It was YOU not wanting to take Santorum at his word. They were HIS words. Spoken by HIM. Just like his own words will haunt him on his belief that contraception is dangerous.

What were his words exactly? That mainstream protestants aren't Christians? Did you read the speech? Please point to where he says that exactly. I'll be waiting.

There's no reason for them to do so.

I do think Jeb fully plans to run in 2016.

First, after 8 years, people will forget about Katrina, not care so much about Iraq (where people will be yelling "Who Lost Iraq" when it becomes an Iranian satellite State) and just kind of remember that under George W. Bush, we didn't consider 8% unemployment as "acceptable".

Obama can't run again, and after the slaughters of 2010, and the impending one of 2014, the Democrats will have a very thin bench.

Bush (whose wife is Hispanic) could appeal to Hispanics.

Bush's wife Laura is Hispanic?.....i dont think so......:eusa_eh:....

Jeb Bush.

oh ....him.....

On today’s Up with Chris Hayes, the host unveiled a 2008 talk by Rick Santorum that could possibly be the only thing to make him lose the American religious vote: one in which he condemns “mainline protestantism,” of all things, and claims it is now “gone from the world of Christianity.” Needless to say, these sorts of words coming from a Catholic cannot inspire confidence in the sort of voter that looked askance at John F. Kennedy for being a Papist.

The speech is from a 2008 event at Ave Maria College in Florida, where Santorum notes that America was founded upon a Christian philosophy but “the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant one.” “We look at the shape of mainline protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it,” he concludes.
--
Chris Hayes Digs Up 2008 Santorum Speech Stating Protestants Are ‘Gone From The World Of Christianity’ | Mediaite

Obviously a big BLOOPER for Rick Santorum--basically bashing the people that have been supporting him. Not everyone in this country is Catholic--in fact the overwhelming majority are Evangelicals--that fall under his attack of Protestant's. Certainly, this is something that Rick Santorum wishes--was never dug up--but the news is out now--and is seeping into the news media.

I am really not certain right now if this candidate didn't miss his calling in life. I think Santorum is much better suited to be a Catholic Priest than the POTUS.

106620_600.jpg

I wouldn't expect non-Christians to understand his remarks. They were not a condemnation, they were an observation. Within the protestant churches, this has been discussed for decades. Many churches such as the United Metodist have slowly "evolved" away from being as evangelical as they once were and have embraced more liberal directions. They are not what they once were. Simple as that.

Forum List

Back