Santorum 2002 on intelligent design

Sure, I did. I rejected it and said why. Your arguments are specious. You must realize it or you'd have counterpoints. As it is, all you have is an ad hominem. Strange you wouldn't realize that using a logical fallacy wouldn't be effective against someone calling you on logic.

You know, I'm beginning to resent having to spoon feed and explain things to you so often.
Last time you had no idea about enumerated powers....yet, had no problem posting that you were opposed to the idea.

Now, I respond to a poster who mistakenly claims that increases in 'learning' causes a cramping due to the brain growing, and I explain that this is LaMarckian...the idea that acquired traits in an individual can be passed on to progeny.

Clearly, you have no clue in this area, but have no problem decrying same.
Have you any idea who August Weismann was, and how his work disproved LaMarck?

"The idea that germline cells contain information that passes to each generation unaffected by experience and independent of the somatic (body) cells, came to be referred to as the Weismann barrier, and is frequently quoted as putting a final end to the theory of Lamarck and the inheritance of acquired characteristics."
August Weismann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Little fella, I have no problem with you asking questions, and I will try to answer same...but for you to pretend to know things that you clearly do not, ....it becomes tiresome and obnoxious.

I expect you to be more honest in the future.

What are you blabbering about? Are you accusing me of being a closet Lamarckian? I wasn't even discussing it. That was all you. I was discussing your failure to use logical argument. Like in this case you're employing the fallacy of Ignoratio elenchi .

OMG.

Can't you read? Or comprehend???

No...I'm accusing you of being ignorant....and you're my best evidence.

Last edited:
Intelligent Design is repackaged creationism as the Dover case proved.
ID and creation are faith and beliefs.
Evolution and natural selection have stood up to the scientific method for over 150 years.
Evolution is the cornerstone of modern biology.
The Dover case clearly illustrated that modern advances in genetic variation have been proven by Darwin's research in the 1860s. Mutation is a change in a gene. These changes are the source of new genetic variation. Natural selection operates on this variation. Very simple.
Humans and all organisms are not passive targets of their environment. Each species modifies their own environment. Very simple.
One only has to look at the environment to see how this works and it is so easy to see. Often, waste products of one species benefit another species. Manure is fertilizer for plants. The oxygen we breathe is a waste product of plants. Species do not simply change to fit their environment. They modify their environment to suit them as well. Beavers build a dam to create a pond to sustain their offspring.
And when the environment changes species can and do migrate to suitable climates or they seek out areas where they can adapt or which they are adapted to.
So simple and it makes sense. Stood the test of time and hundreds of thousands of testing under the scientific method have NEVER proved it false.

Yes. Intelligent design is a backwards attempt to prove the existence of God by claiming that we couldn't exist without a Creator.

Take God, Adam and Eve and the snake out of the equation and how does one whip up a creation is science argument?

Or you can add the hundreds of other creation 'theories' from various peoples and religions and you're in the same boat.

Why is Genesis science, but the creation story of the Iroquois Indians not???

You know, I'm beginning to resent having to spoon feed and explain things to you so often.
Last time you had no idea about enumerated powers....yet, had no problem posting that you were opposed to the idea.

Now, I respond to a poster who mistakenly claims that increases in 'learning' causes a cramping due to the brain growing, and I explain that this is LaMarckian...the idea that acquired traits in an individual can be passed on to progeny.

Clearly, you have no clue in this area, but have no problem decrying same.
Have you any idea who August Weismann was, and how his work disproved LaMarck?

"The idea that germline cells contain information that passes to each generation unaffected by experience and independent of the somatic (body) cells, came to be referred to as the Weismann barrier, and is frequently quoted as putting a final end to the theory of Lamarck and the inheritance of acquired characteristics."
August Weismann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Little fella, I have no problem with you asking questions, and I will try to answer same...but for you to pretend to know things that you clearly do not, ....it becomes tiresome and obnoxious.

I expect you to be more honest in the future.

What are you blabbering about? Are you accusing me of being a closet Lamarckian? I wasn't even discussing it. That was all you. I was discussing your failure to use logical argument. Like in this case you're employing the fallacy of Ignoratio elenchi .

OMG.

Can't you read? Or comprehend???

No...I'm accusing you of being ignorant....and you're my best evidence.

It's always entertaining to see someone who has little or no knowledge of a subject google-arguing.

For me it is quite simple because I see it daily. Especially in spring.

A hummingbird to a golden eagle to a sparrow. Go ahead and tell me there's no God. Tell me how these all evolved in so few years.

Make them magically appear.

A hummingbird to a golden eagle to a sparrow. Go ahead and tell me there's no God. Tell me how these all evolved in so few years.

I’ll tell you you’ve no understanding of evolution.

Take God, Adam and Eve and the snake out of the equation and how does one whip up a creation is science argument?

Or you can add the hundreds of other creation 'theories' from various peoples and religions and you're in the same boat.

What are you missing here? With all due respect we run parallel. I put this up the other day in a different thread on how the Creator gave us the land and that He gave us the right and the honour of ruling the land.

I lived this land. Anishinaabe and I'm posting on the fly so bear with me on spelling are first peoples. They are dedicated to the Creator.

Some have a hard time understanding that there are higher forces than man incarnate...but rather assign MAN as ultimate force.

And then some tend to live dangerously...

I’ll tell you you’ve no understanding of evolution.

Oh my. I should tell you that I look at life quite simply.

On the other hand, my husband is the science dude. He's a University of Toronto biology grad.

So I do know my licks. I just prefer to keep shit simple. His on line name is Traveller and he would be more than happy to engage you one day over Darwin.

ETA: Let's make it simple. My husband will give you 5,000 cyber pages to tell you why there is no AGW. I will convince people that the morons can't even give me an accurate 5 day weather forecast with their models.

I win every time.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Some have a hard time understanding that there are higher forces than man incarnate...but rather assign MAN as ultimate force.

I've always said that if you can't see the sky and you can't feel the earth, you only subscribe to a world of man and not of heaven.

whoopsies meant to hit preview. That's what it is like in a great metropolis like Toronto, NYC or LA. One has no sense of real.

Last edited:

150 million years is a long time.

Tell us, when God made the bird, did they suddenly just show up one day? If you were out there by a tree and looking up at it,

were there no birds in it one moment and birds in it the next? How did that work exactly?

What are you missing here? With all due respect we run parallel. I put this up the other day in a different thread on how the Creator gave us the land and that He gave us the right and the honour of ruling the land.

I lived this land. Anishinaabe and I'm posting on the fly so bear with me on spelling are first peoples. They are dedicated to the Creator.

So all the Creation myths got it right?

So they should all be taught in science class? That would take up the whole school year.

150 million years is a long time.

Tell us, when God made the bird, did they suddenly just show up one day? If you were out there by a tree and looking up at it,

were there no birds in it one moment and birds in it the next? How did that work exactly?

Din't it depend what day it was?
Birds might have been Wednesday I think.

Some have a hard time understanding that some of us need proof when others make scientific claims.
I need no proof of anything for my religous beliefs.
My faith and confidence in my religous beliefs are not in any way conflicted with my belief in evolution and natural selection.
My religous faith is that strong. Those that lack strong religous beliefs and confidence in them struggle with the fact that evolution is fact.
Those of us that have faith in God and have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ have no problem with evolution.
Some are milk weak and a few of us are strong.

Actually about 4 billion years. A goodly time for the evolution of all that we see around us. There are feathered dinosaurs in the bone beds of China. Ancestors of those birds you mention.

They did not appear magically, but by the rules of chemistry, physics, and biology.

If the Education Board of Ohio does not include intelligent design in the new teaching standards, many students will be denied a first-rate science education.

Illiberal Education in Ohio Schools

Have to laugh to stop from crying as the anti-science wing of the GOP hands four more years to Obama.

Who freaking cares? Do you think Santorum, if elected POTUS, could do one damned thing to put ID in any of our schools?

NO!

He couldnt.

You are swallowing more Romnut lies. Think about it. Romney's people smeared Palin with ambush interviews that they were supposed to vet for her prior, as they were given the task of handling her byu the McCain campaign. Instead they deliberately tried to ruin her rep so she could not compete with Romney in this election.

Perry, Cain, Bachman, Gingrich and Santorum were all regarded as conservative leaders in the movement, but Romney's professional liars smeared them to with leaks, tens of millions of dollars in advertising slander, all to bring them down to his level as he is not conservative one bit if you look at his record and the people who work for him TODAY.

The one and only reason that any conserv atives support this slimeball is because they bought the lie that it takes a moderate to win the general election, but history PROVES that is not true. Nixon, Reagan and W Bush were all regarded as too conservative but they won, while the 'best bet' moderates Ford, Dole McCain and Bush the Elder after breaks his no new taxes pledge all LOST despite huge resources in money and being much more positioned to the center.

For Republicans to win the have to energize the base and get those people to go to the polls and the RINOS NEVER get the job done because they are frauds.

There is NOT ONE GOOD GODAMED REASOn to vote for Romney, not one. He is not only a complete fraud as a conservative liar, but he has also destroyed some of the best leaders in the conservative movement.

AND YOU WANT HIM TO BE THE GOP NOMINEE?

ARE YOU INSANE?

We'd be better off with four more years of Obama instead of one year of Romney the Liar King in charge.

Wake up, unless of course you are a RINO yourself in which case the truth about Romney just tickles you pink.

But there is no reason for any conservative to support Romney.

Some have a hard time understanding that some of us need proof when others make scientific claims.
I need no proof of anything for my religous beliefs.
My faith and confidence in my religous beliefs are not in any way conflicted with my belief in evolution and natural selection.
My religous faith is that strong. Those that lack strong religous beliefs and confidence in them struggle with the fact that evolution is fact.
Those of us that have faith in God and have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ have no problem with evolution.
Some are milk weak and a few of us are strong.

While I am an agnostic, Catherine Faber is a Christian, and makes a very similiar statement in this song;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vDhYTlCNw]The Words of God - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back