San Francisco just banned facial-recognition technology

But, but, but... :04: Thank you for you expertise... Somebody ought to make a better mouse trap...

Back when I worked in the Airline business (early 80's) I worked at HNL and it having International arrivals all of our Employees had to have a Customs clearance… As an Employer we had to perform a 5 year background check... Residential history, employment history was the primary area of our responsibility… Customs would sometimes take up to 6 months to clear or deny a Customs Badge to go into Customs Area... Without a customs badge the employees were not supposed to go onto any foreign arrivals... Unfortunately unemployment was 3.5% and if you could fog a mirror I would put you to work... Anyway point to the story was Customs was so back logged it took a long damn time...

Funny postscript... Hired a fellow and he was completely honest on application re: some criminal history... He had spent a couple of years in the penitentiary for running guns... I had a gut feeling about the guy and rolled the dice and hired him... I submitted the paperwork to Customs and the first time I had ever knew of them calling in someone to an interview... Interview went well... Month later second interview... Customs gave him his clearance... Turned out to be a great guy and an exceptionally good employee... I will shut up now...

Forum List

Back