San Francisco just banned facial-recognition technology

The world must be ending.

I agree with San Fransicko on this one.

Who are you and what have you don with the communist left city?

I believe this point has been made all ready, but I will try to reinforce it...

Any illegal alien that has be processed by a Government agency will have their face stored on the "master list"... This may not be exactly what the politburo in San Fran deems safe for the future voters... :dunno:

Not one person said diddly squat about fingerprints... Did that technology go by the wayside?
Enquiring minds want to know...

Unlike what you see on TV. Getting an ID from prints can take days. A routine request can take a week or more to process.

Facial recognition is almost instantaneous.
And what exactly has that got to do with CA?

They let illegal aliens vote.

The state is a toilet, period.

Unlike what you see on TV. Getting an ID from prints can take days. A routine request can take a week or more to process.

But it's TV... It has to be real... I mean after all, a 38 special will blow up a car... Don't burst my balloon...

But it's TV... It has to be real... I mean after all, a 38 special will blow up a car... Don't burst my balloon...
Yeah man... a .38 is a AUTOMATIC FIRING MACHINE GUN RAPID FIRE BAZOOKA GRENADE LAUNCHING CLIP FED HAND HELD ASSAULT WEAPON.

Yeah man... a .38 is a AUTOMATIC FIRING MACHINE GUN RAPID FIRE BAZOOKA GRENADE LAUNCHING CLIP FED HAND HELD ASSAULT WEAPON.

Don't forget the Nuclear button on that handle thingie...

Don't forget the Nuclear button on that handle thingie...
Oh... I forgot about that... yeah... and it's BLACK... and it looks SCARY.

Funny how that's EXACTLY what these pansie assed pieces of shit expect to show up to save their pathetic life if they're ever in danger.

When the cops are 5 minutes away, and you only have seconds to defend yourself... what do you do?

I defend myself... thanks to the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited:
When the cops are 5 minutes away, and you only have seconds to defend yourself... what do you do?

Ahhh piss on it... I'm gonna it the Black Button and takeout everyone within a 69 mile triangle radius... boom

Ahhh piss on it... I'm gonna it the Black Button and takeout everyone within a 69 mile triangle radius... boom
Loaded up on fertilizer are ya... :lol:

Not my program... I'm going to just take you out as far as my scoped 30.06 can shoot. You get any closer, then you meet mister AK-47, and closer than that, it's 12 gauge 3" mag with double ott buck. If you happen to get to my door, then it's Taurus Raging Bull .44 mag.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if California actually voted for TRUMP in 2020. People there are getting FED UP.

Not in your dreams, or only if Trump wages an illegal immigration war there and sends half of their population back to central America.

We all support good policing, but none of us want a police state? Are these the same people who said you must have health insurance or else? The same people that want to tell you how many rounds your gun magazine can have? The same people who told us what kind of guns we are allowed to own? The same people that tax citizens into submission if they smoke cigarettes? The same people who limited choices of food in public schools? Now that we have technology to identify criminals and threats, they don't want a police state. :21:

Yes, facial identification technology can be used to recognize trouble makers, but it can also be used to identify previously deported illegal aliens. Gee, I bet that's something they never even thought of!

Another "small government" conservative opposing smaller government. Color me shocked.......

So what's Big Government about using the latest technology to nab criminals and illegals? Conservatives consider smaller government a government that doesn't interfere in your personal life. Small government for a liberal means letting all the law breakers loose on the street.

The idiots running San Fran are total morons.

Facial recognition is a great tool and eliminates false arrest as well as identifying criminals.

Leave it to the idiots in San Fran to take that tool away from the SFPD who are trying to do the job.

Idiots.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if California actually voted for TRUMP in 2020. People there are getting FED UP.

Not in your dreams, or only if Trump wages an illegal immigration war there and sends half of their population back to central America.

I agree. Cali keeps electing the Dems to run the State and I doubt that would ever change.

The voters in Cali ain't to bright and they prove it each election.

The idiots running San Fran are total morons.

Facial recognition is a great tool and eliminates false arrest as well as identifying criminals.

Leave it to the idiots in San Fran to take that tool away from the SFPD who are trying to do the job.

Idiots.

Saying the shouldn’t use facial recognition technology is like saying they shouldn’t use forensic science to determine who a murderer was, or perhaps video cameras.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Everything in society is on camera now from both public, and private sources. In general I don't like it, but it does give law enforcement a way to catch criminals. When you step out of your home, you have NO privacy. None. Even inside your home, agencies like the DHS have ways to view what you are doing through sophisticated surveillance equipment.

So what's Big Government about using the latest technology to nab criminals and illegals? Conservatives consider smaller government a government that doesn't interfere in your personal life.

Gee, I don't know. What's big government about having cameras all over the place being able to track your every move the moment you leave your house. I can't imagine how that could be abused.

Small government for a liberal means letting all the law breakers loose on the street.

Right, because prior to facial recognition technology we all know not a single criminal in the history of the world was ever apprehended.

I'm always in awe of the strange supportive relationship people who profess to believe in limited government have with the encroaching police state.

my guess is they thought it was "Racial Recognition" and a Trump idea.

Everything in society is on camera now from both public, and private sources. In general I don't like it, but it does give law enforcement a way to catch criminals. When you step out of your home, you have NO privacy. None. Even inside your home, agencies like the DHS have ways to view what you are doing through sophisticated surveillance equipment.

Cameras today are not only cheap, but less conspicuous. The most popular ones are the doorbell cameras. Those are the cameras that get pictures of people taking Amazon boxes off your front porch. And less face it, nearly each and every one of us are equip with a camera on our phone.

They are everywhere, but they do a lot of good. In fact I bought a dash cam for my truck at work. The crap people do in front of a semi is amazing. You think they are trying to commit suicide or something. It's the best hundred some bucks I ever spent, and the video quality on this little thing is amazing. I'm expecting the auto industry to make them standard in the near future.

Gee, I don't know. What's big government about having cameras all over the place being able to track your every move the moment you leave your house. I can't imagine how that could be abused.

That's not what we are talking about here. What we are talking about is a city that made a law stating you can't use this technology under any circumstance, not even in the police station.

Right, because prior to facial recognition technology we all know not a single criminal in the history of the world was ever apprehended.

I'm always in awe of the strange supportive relationship people who profess to believe in limited government have with the encroaching police state.

Technology is not a police state. Do you consider body cameras being used by police a police state?

Here we have to have license plate stickers on our license plates. When you renew your plates, you only need to purchase the sticker. Each one comes with it's own identification number. Now several police departments are trying out a new scanner that can read those stickers as your vehicle is moving. They use it to detect stolen vehicles, or criminals on the lam who may be a danger to society. It only alerts the officers when a sticker sets off the detection system.

Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System. It is a national automated fingerprint identification and criminal history system. IAFIS provides automated fingerprint search capabilities, latent searching capability, electronic image storage, and electronic exchange of fingerprints and responses.
Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Automated_Fingerprint_Identification_System

The average response time for an electronic criminal fingerprint submission is about 27 minutes, while electronic civil submissions are processed within an hour and 12 minutes. IAFIS processed more than 61 million ten-print submissions during fiscal year 2010.[1]

Ok boys and girls, now that I have slept on this and thinking with a much crisper mind all I have to do is decide who to believe...

fncceo who I have never had any reason to doubt... (up until now)

Wikipedia who I have doubted more than I care to mention...

With all due respect to fncceo , I think I have to rely on wiki... It just seems to me that technology in the field probably has gotten even better...

This being said, Bret Baier just whispered in my ear that SFPD was using facial recognition and is going to stop using it... Something is amiss in SFO and it smells like fecal matter drying on a sidewalk...

Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System. It is a national automated fingerprint identification and criminal history system. IAFIS provides automated fingerprint search capabilities, latent searching capability, electronic image storage, and electronic exchange of fingerprints and responses.
Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Automated_Fingerprint_Identification_System

The average response time for an electronic criminal fingerprint submission is about 27 minutes, while electronic civil submissions are processed within an hour and 12 minutes. IAFIS processed more than 61 million ten-print submissions during fiscal year 2010.[1]

Ok boys and girls, now that I have slept on this and thinking with a much crisper mind all I have to do is decide who to believe...

fncceo who I have never had any reason to doubt... (up until now)

Wikipedia who I have doubted more than I care to mention...

With all due respect to fncceo , I think I have to rely on wiki... It just seems to me that technology in the field probably has gotten even better...

This being said, Bret Baier just whispered in my ear that SFPD was using facial recognition and is going to stop using it... Something is amiss in SFO and it smells like fecal matter drying on a sidewalk...

IAFIS is a Federal system, managed by the FBI, local police don't access it directly. Nearly nearly one millions sworn personnel, in over 4,000 different departments across America must request fingerprint data through the FBI to this system through their local departments. Prints to be matched, must be taken, uploaded to the system. Rejections are common because of the quality of electronic scans. Then a request must be filed through your local department to obtain a search.

Searches for crimes scenes take priority over ID searches, a routine search can take days to get your answers back from FBI CJIS.

Facial scans, on the other hand, take seconds and can be done as part of booking any suspect.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back