San Diego International Airport Homogenization

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
Established in 1929, no moves. San Diego has encroached on three sides, ocean on the other. Expanded runways, parking lot just yards away, jets taxi past it. Seems like a prime location for UHI. Right?

Any warmists out there want to make a stab at what the adjustments are? Perhaps one or two changes for equipment upgrade, and UHI compensation, right?

Obviously I wouldn't bring it up if it made sense would I? Does anyone here have a guess before I put up the numbers? Just an estimate of the size and direction. Anyone?

Established in 1929, no moves. San Diego has encroached on three sides, ocean on the other. Expanded runways, parking lot just yards away, jets taxi past it. Seems like a prime location for UHI. Right?

Any warmists out there want to make a stab at what the adjustments are? Perhaps one or two changes for equipment upgrade, and UHI compensation, right?

Obviously I wouldn't bring it up if it made sense would I? Does anyone here have a guess before I put up the numbers? Just an estimate of the size and direction. Anyone?
Eventually, they're gonna have to push the Marines out of Miramar and take it over for an airport. It's the only possible option.

Eventually, they're gonna have to push the Marines out of Miramar and take it over for an airport. It's the only possible option.

Or they can do what they did in Denver and move the airport out of town (inland) and sell of the land as prime beachfront real estate.

Landing in San Diego is like landing in a bucket. It's time they moved it out of town.

I was there when a 727 crashed into a North Park neighborhood. Hottest day of the year. 125 degrees.

Size= +5.1 deg C over 30 years

I'm not a warmista but looking at the plots for that location its stunning the amount of induced temp compared with adjacent stations in less intruded locations. But after homogenization the surrounding stations increased by 2.3 deg C...

Holy crap they homogenized it twice... creating a huge jump of over 7 deg C...

I am in total disgust that this is what passes for climate science. its no wonder the temps are bouncing upward. its all man made.... MATH INDUCED GROSS ERROR....

Last edited:

Ever been to San Diego Ian? Do you realize how close that station is to the water? It might as well be a SST gauge.

as usual, not much interest in the nuts and bolts that actually make up the tem

perature history.

ah well, here is the the comparator between raw and adjusted. NB that the y axis jumps a full degree

index_thumb.gif

image_thumb84.png

in the usual fashion UHI appears to be dealt with by massively cooling the past.

I was going to add stuff on the rural station that most affects San Diego adjustments but the long ongoing disinterest in this kind of stuff leads me to believe I would just be wasting my time.

That's always been true of the denier proposition, hasn't it. ;-)

Do you have some explanation for the decrease in temperatures starting in 97 or so? Did the UHI you propose get solved?

Last edited:
That's always been true of the denier proposition, hasn't it. ;-)

Well I think many of the posters here prefer to just hurl insults at each other. That is certainly easier than trying to figure out what is happening to the temperature records. I can understand why the warmers want to keep it in the big black box but I must admit I get frustrated when the other side ignores it as well.

So, do you have any explanation for the rather dramatic decrease in temperature in the original temperature record?

So, do you have any explanation for the rather dramatic decrease in temperature in the original temperature record?

Have you done any investigating yourself? Have you looked at the data in numerical form or checked the megadata history?

Come back when you know the TOBS adjustment, or the reason

here is the GISS version of San Diego

station.gif

a newspaper crowing that 2014 was the warmest year has this version, may not be the airport

images

GHCN and HadCRU compared for San Diego circa 2010

2010080901_SD1980.jpg

or farther back

2010080901_SD1955.png

its funny how different sources, or versions from different years, can make a pretty big change in what the warming looks like. I guess we should just believe today's version as the undisputed truth, at least until tomorrow's version comes along.

I showed you that other datasets also had lower temps but I don't want you to take my word for anything. You had an interesting observation earlier about how close the airport is to the ocean. Did you check to see if the east pacific temps followed the same path? If yes or maybe, then find a smaller area closer to San Diego.

Put some thought and effort into these things before you just accept someone's word for it. When you look for one piece of info you often find many others at the same time. Remember them for the next time you have a related question.

Have you done any investigating yourself? Have you looked at the data in numerical form or checked the megadata history?

Come back when you know the TOBS adjustment, or the reason

couldnt answer, even with the biggest clue imaginable? there is no TOBS adjustment because the readings were done at midnight.

Forum List

Back