Samhain.

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by sealadaigh, Nov 1, 2012.

1. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    beannacht, mo cairde.

on the day when
    the weight deadens
    on your shoulders
    and you stumble,
    may the clay dance
    to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. SherriMunnerlyn

SherriMunnerlyn VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    reabhloideach,

That is really beautiful!

For some reason, it makes me think about the Native American ancestor I recently discovered I had, who I am so proud I share blood with, and all of the moving stories about surviving unbearable circumstances, I have read recently written by Palestinian political prisoners, since I subscribed to Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, like these below:

"Twelve-year-old arrested 10 times by Israel in three years

Muslim Odeh (Amer Aruri / B’Tselem) via Electronic Intifada

by Jillian Kestler-D’Amours of the Electronic Intifada

19 October 2012

In an unwavering voice, Muslim Odeh recounted how Israeli riot police took him from his bed earlier this week, blindfolded him, subjected him to hours of intense interrogation and held him overnight in a Jerusalem prison compound.

Odeh vomited after Israeli police punched him four times in the stomach on his way to his prison cell. Odeh’s calm demeanor, only days after his ordeal, was evidence of how this was his tenth arrest in three years.

More shocking, however, is the fact that this resident of Silwan in East Jerusalem is only 12-years-old. “I miss my house,” Odeh told The Electronic Intifada, as he stared longingly from the balcony of his uncle’s home — where he is under house arrest until next Wednesday, 24 October — onto his family’s house below.

“I don’t feel comfortable. I miss my friends, my grandmother, my mother,” he said. “I don’t know if they will arrest me again.”

House arrest

Muslim Odeh was first arrested at the age of nine. During each arrest, Israeli police have accused him of throwing stones and Molotov cocktails. Today, he is being held under house arrest at his uncle’s home in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabel Mukaber. If he violates the conditions of his release, he will be re-arrested and forced to pay a fine of 5,000 shekels ($1,300).

A group of Israeli riot police entered his home with two dogs, the 12-year-old explained, during the most recent arrest. “I heard dogs near me. I was scared,” he said, adding that, moments later, the police brought him blindfolded to an Israeli police station in East Jerusalem.

There, Israeli interrogators accused him of throwing Molotov cocktails and stones, and asked him about the activities of other children in Silwan. While he wasn’t physically harmed during the interrogation, the main Israeli investigator yelled and forcibly slammed his hand on the table to scare him, Odeh said.

“I said I didn’t do anything,” said Odeh, who was interrogated from 5am until 3pm before being transferred to the notorious Russian Compound (Moskobiye, in Arabic) prison compound in West Jerusalem. There, he was held with six other prisoners who, he said, were Palestinian teenagers from the Shuafat refugee camp.

“I was the youngest in the room, [and] in the whole Moskobiye,” Odeh added."

Samidoun: Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network » Twelve-year-old arrested 10 times by Israel in three years

Sherri

3. toastman

toastman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,961
    Those poor Palestinians :(

Causing problems than cry when Israel does something about it.

Only Muslims.

fuck both of you terrorist worshipping scumbags !

Israel will always be !!

And please for the love of God, stop pretending you give a shit about the Palis. we know you don't ! You are just making feeble attempts to make Israel look bad, and it ain;t working !

ISrael is growing and thriving !

4. kvetch

kvetch Devout UK Hindu-Jew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Samhain, meaning Summer's End, is the Celtic festival held on November 1st,
    which some say marked the Celtic New Year

irish paganism rules OK

pagan means countryside.

sherri loves it !!

the top of the day to you sir!

5. kvetch

kvetch Devout UK Hindu-Jew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    ISrael is growing and thriving !

israel is growing because it is stealing more and more pal land all the time

thriving it is NOT and doesn't deserve to either

6. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Well, I don't know how reliable that news source is. If this is an accurate story, there seems to be some injustices. However, why doesn't this kid stop throwing stones and deadly Molotov cocktails? Stoning is also dangerous, and was an ancient form of execution. Why don't his parents stop him? If he is throwing stones to demand freedom, why don't Palestinian negotiators sit down with Israel and accept an Israeli peace plan? Why doesn't Sherri get a balanced view by subscribing to Victims of Arab Terror?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. toastman

toastman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,961
    Ya, keep telling yourself that

:clap2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    Hey Seal, is there any ethnic group more famous than then the Irish for supporting terrorist organiztions, like your own IRA?

9. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Samhain/Halloween seems to be very pagan, with all its ghosts/witches/skeletons imagery. I don't know how Christians can celebrate it, though I'm not one to judge other religions. Jews wear costumes on Purim, but our holiday has alot more meaning to it. :eusa_angel:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    well, aren't you just the sweetest thing. of course your little purim has a lot more meaning. after all, you are god's special little people. he chose you to be.

i mean, what is more important and has more meaning...

celebrating the last harvest and the beginning of winter, a new year, and giving thanks for that harvest by honouring our dead ancestors...

or celebrating a vengeful slaughter of tens of thousands of people and honouring your G-d by getting falling down drunk on sugary wine and eating gamey tasting pastries.

bless your precious little hearts for having such significant and chosen celebrations, and thank you so much for spreading his word about our holidays being not quite as meaningful.

we really should give it up samhain/halloween/all saints day; but does that mean we have to give up the solar year that goes along with it and switch to a lunar calendar?