CDZ Same Sex Marriage (and the Bible)

I concede that you are very good at concealing your intellectual shortcomings...

Yes... and I thank you for that.

But you should know that you already did that. And while its sweet of you to double down, prostrating yourself at the feet of my superior intellect, I'm not the sort of person that requires that.

So... I appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

So, out of respect for your feelings;

Your Re-concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

I concede that you are very good at concealing your intellectual shortcomings...

But you should know that you already did that. And while its sweet of you to double down, prostrating yourself at the feet of my superior intellect, I'm not the sort of person that requires that.

Superior intellect? Lots of stupid people think they are smart. After all, they are stupid. How could they know different? And your inability to actually respond to what I have posted and asked is pretty telling about your limited intellect. You just ignore those things you cannot reconcile with your vapid views.

Superior intellect? Lots of stupid people think they are smart.

My goodness... Please stop. Everything is cool. You've established as fact that you're an "Intellectual Deviant".

There's no point in spamming more evidence of it. It's over, you proved it... there's no need to keep demonstrating it. Find some self respect, already.

Now again, out of respect for your contribution, such as it is...

Your Re-Re-Concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Agree or Disagree? Rebuttals?

How did marriage start? It began when God created Eve to be Adam's wife. God is the creator of the marriage relationship ... Genesis 2:18 - "Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” And so he created Eve, a woman, to be a companion for Adam.
These scriptures make it clear that God designed marriage to be heterosexual. A man and a woman.

Homosexuality is not God's pattern for marriage and family relationships. The Bible makes that clear.
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (Leviticus 18:22)

Homosexual relationships are unnatural. They cause diseases. And worst of all, they dishonor God.
Religion is personal, subjective, and cannot be documented as fact, rendering it legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

That something is perceived to be 'traditional' or 'historic' is not justification to violate the civil rights of citizens. (Lawrence v. Texas)

Consequently, any 'argument' based on the bible in support of violating the equal protection rights of gay Americans fails.

How did marriage start? It began when God created Eve to be Adam's wife. God is the creator of the marriage relationship ... Genesis 2:18 - "Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” And so he created Eve, a woman, to be a companion for Adam.
These scriptures make it clear that God designed marriage to be heterosexual. A man and a woman.

Homosexuality is not God's pattern for marriage and family relationships. The Bible makes that clear.
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (Leviticus 18:22)

Homosexual relationships are unnatural. They cause diseases. And worst of all, they dishonor God.

Marriage started as a method for property transfer. That is pretty much what is has remained.

From a societal view point - again, it's hard to have any discussion with LAW/LOGIC people and FAITH/GOD people.

I'm not saying people should believe and discuss from the FAITH/GOD stance, I'm just saying if you can't have your cake and eat it too. Don't tell me you love God and have given your life to Jesus, but then marry someone of the same sex and/or have an abortion.
Disagree.

A Christian can in good faith support the right of gay Americans to equal protection of the law and a woman's right to privacy – religious dogma is subjective, and no one person is in a position to judge the sincerity of another Christian's faith.

Marriage started as a method for property transfer. That is pretty much what is has remained.

From a societal view point - again, it's hard to have any discussion with LAW/LOGIC people and FAITH/GOD people.

I'm not saying people should believe and discuss from the FAITH/GOD stance, I'm just saying if you can't have your cake and eat it too. Don't tell me you love God and have given your life to Jesus, but then marry someone of the same sex and/or have an abortion.
Disagree.

A Christian can in good faith support the right of gay Americans to equal protection of the law and a woman's right to privacy – religious dogma is subjective, and no one person is in a position to judge the sincerity of another Christian's faith.

Sure, Christian's can support it, but, I have to question their commitment to God and knowledge of the Bible if they do.

Religion is personal, subjective, and cannot be documented as fact, rendering it legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

That something is perceived to be 'traditional' or 'historic' is not justification to violate the civil rights of citizens. (Lawrence v. Texas)

Consequently, any 'argument' based on the bible in support of violating the equal protection rights of gay Americans fails.

I'm not arguing law. I'm arguing Biblical interpretation.

Of course a Christian can support equal protection under the law and every person's right to privacy.

What a Christian cannot support, is the attempt to relabel cult fetishes in terms of rights.

For instance, there is no right to force oneself into institutions for which one is otherwise disqualified, because of the behavior that they willfully engage in; wherein they force others to be affiliated with behavior that they recognize to be abhorrent. ...

There's no right to do that, because there is no potential for a right wherein the exercise of that right, infringes or otherwise usurps the means for others to exercise their own rights.

Forum List

Back