Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit

SSo DDumb, you have repeatedly proved that you are blind, period, where science is concerned.

The only thing that has been proven is that you guys don't know the difference between science and pseudoscience. Tell me rocks, in actual science, how many predictive failures is a hypothesis allowed before it is scrapped and its back to the drawing board to see where they missed the path on the first hypothesis?

You've just explained why denialism should be trashed, because every prediction it makes has failed hard. But it's actually more complicated than that. Take the solar neutrino problem as an example.

Initially, measurements of neutrinos coming from the sun showed about one-third as many neutrinos (specifically, electron-neutrinos) showing up as the standard model of solar fusion predicted. That raised issues. Was the model of solar fusion wrong? It was rechecked and checked again, and everyone agreed it was correct. So what was happening?

Instead of doing the SSDD thing and declaring "Discard it all and embrace my cult's beliefs!", the smart people kept digging. It turns out the standard model of solar fusion was perfect, but our knowledge of neutrinos was incomplete. It was found that neutrinos constantly oscillate between the 3 types of neutrino. Electron-neutrinos produced by the sun were changing into tau-neutrinos and muon-neutrinos as they traveled to earth. The detectors only measured electron-neutrinos, so they were missing two-thirds of the neutrinos. Problem solved.

By SSDD standards, we should have simply discarded all of solar theory and stopped looking for an answer. His standards are plainly stupid. An apparent problem with a model invalidates something, but not necessarily the model. It may show a measurement problem or a problem with something not fundamental to the model.

Last edited:
You've just explained why denialism should be trashed, because every prediction it makes has failed hard. But it's actually more complicated than that. Take the solar neutrino problem as an example.['quote]

Actually, with your help, we have demonstrated why alarmists are not to be taken seriously....I ask how many failures a hypothesis gets before it is trashed and you change the topic rather than venture into the number of failures that can be attributed to the AGW hypothesis.

Initially, measurements of neutrinos coming from the sun showed about one-third as many neutrinos (specifically, electron-neutrinos) showing up as the standard model of solar fusion predicted. That raised issues. Was the model of solar fusion wrong? It was rechecked and checked again, and everyone agreed it was correct. So what was happening?

Again, you point out the failures of climate science vs real science....the models didn't match observation....the source of the discrepancy was found...the hypothesis corrected...understanding gained. That isn't what happens with climate science...the models fail to match observation...and observation is blamed and adjusted to match the models...

No modification is ever made to the hypothesis no matter how many times it fails...clearly AGW is politics...not actual science or anything like actual science.

You've just explained why denialism should be trashed, because every prediction it makes has failed hard. But it's actually more complicated than that. Take the solar neutrino problem as an example.

Instead of doing the SSDD thing and declaring "Discard it all and embrace my cult's beliefs!", the smart people kept digging. It turns out the standard model of solar fusion was perfect, but our knowledge of neutrinos was incomplete. It was found that neutrinos constantly oscillate between the 3 types of neutrino. Electron-neutrinos produced by the sun were changing into tau-neutrinos and muon-neutrinos as they traveled to earth. The detectors only measured electron-neutrinos, so they were missing two-thirds of the neutrinos. Problem solved.

By SSDD standards, we should have simply discarded all of solar theory and stopped looking for an answer. His standards are plainly stupid. An apparent problem with a model invalidates something, but not necessarily the model. It may show a measurement problem or a problem with something not fundamental to the model.
So what is your point with neutrinos? I agree that they found the other two variances of it. Are you concerned with the Sun's core?

Or, are you showing us how science really works unlike climate science?

So what is your point with neutrinos? I agree that they found the other two variances of it. Are you concerned with the Sun's core?

Or, are you showing us how science really works unlike climate science?
Says the clueless nutjob who wouldn't know 'science' if it bit him.

Says the clueless nutjob who wouldn't know 'science' if it bit him.

Funny...considering the fact that science is biting you on your stupid ass almost daily and you continue to believe in the hoax....2 decades now with no warming while CO2 has continued its merry increase....wake up...CO2 isn't the culprit. Don't you think it is about time to dump the hoax and start finding out what really drives the climate?

Actually, with your help, we have demonstrated why alarmists are not to be taken seriously....I ask how many failures a hypothesis gets before it is trashed and you change the topic rather than venture into the number of failures that can be attributed to the AGW hypothesis.

You're the one trying to change the topic. You're attempt to imply that Sagan would have rejected global warming fell smack on its face. From that, for some reason, you wish to run. What a surprise. How many of your own contentions and posts and articles and experts have you now had to flee or turn and attack? Has anyone stayed with you? I can't name one.

You're the one trying to change the topic. You're attempt to imply that Sagan would have rejected global warming fell smack on its face. From that, for some reason, you wish to run. What a surprise. How many of your own contentions and posts and articles and experts have you now had to flee or turn and attack? Has anyone stayed with you? I can't name one.

Whether Sagan believed in AGW is irrelevant...if he did, then clearly he was a hypocrite....his baloney detection kit seems custom written for climate science skeptics...If he believed, then clearly he was blinded by his own bias.

Jiminie....I knew exactly what SSDD was sharing with the group. Too bad you're too stupid to understand the intent. However, it doesn't surprise me, since you have no idea what adding 120 PPM of CO2 will do to the climate. You're lost, looking for attention and at times receive from your pals on the warmer alarmist cult side. But why not dig deep into your pocket and actually find out what a thread is about!!! What a k00k ass.

Jiminie....I knew exactly what SSDD was sharing with the group. Too bad you're too stupid to understand the intent. However, it doesn't surprise me, since you have no idea what adding 120 PPM of CO2 will do to the climate. You're lost, looking for attention and at times receive from your pals on the warmer alarmist cult side. But why not dig deep into your pocket and actually find out what a thread is about!!! What a k00k ass.
More deranged meaningless denier cult drivel from the troll JustCrazy.

More deranged meaningless denier cult drivel from the troll JustCrazy.
Well I knew the intent of the OP. You don't!!!! loser

Not a very bright lot are they? Of course they can't see the point as it would call into question the dogma that they are fed night and day....can't question the dogma...never question the dogma.

Not a very bright lot are they? Of course they can't see the point as it would call into question the dogma that they are fed night and day....can't question the dogma...never question the dogma.
As always, your only point is the one on top of your head. Even Sagen himself says you're full of shit.

As always, your only point is the one on top of your head. Even Sagen himself says you're full of shit.
As always, you have nothing. You can't even make an argument to support your position. So you coddle to the fear and make up insults. It's so you!!!!

As always, you have nothing. You can't even make an argument to support your position. So you coddle to the fear and make up insults. It's so you!!!!
More meaningless drivel from JustCrazy.

Sad really, to be that damaged....to go through life feeling inferior to and threatened by everyone who has a different viewpoint than himself....and only able to deal with his feelings via a tool that only results in feeling even more inferior and threatened...shouting and name calling.

Sad really, to be that damaged....to go through life feeling inferior to and threatened by everyone who has a different viewpoint than himself....and only able to deal with his feelings via a tool that only results in feeling even more inferior and threatened...shouting and name calling.
And yet more silly off-topic twaddle from the troll SSooooDDuuuumb.

Forum List

Back