Sad news for my old unit.....

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by freeandfun1, Dec 6, 2004.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    During my stint in the Army, my time in Korea was one of my memorable. The unit I served in when I was in Korea was at Camp Greaves. They are now a Stryker Brigade out of Ft. Lewis and stationed in Iraq. I have been a member of their yahoo site for a while now and I have been following their goings on while they are in Iraq. Today I noticed on their website that on 5 December one of their members was KIA. Here are the details from the site....
    The address for the family is listed on the site and I mailed them $500 today as a donation to their children's trust fund. I know we can't help the family of every soldier and I know that many of you might not be in a position to help them and I know that this is just one of many, but because of my "link" to the unit I wanted to do something. If anybody else would like to send a couple of bucks, let me know and I can email you the address.

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    How very tragic. I can truly sympathize and empathize. My old unit (the oone I retired from) has lost 7 members since last April; 3 KIA and 4 seriously wounded.

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    If anybody would like to post a message of sympathy to the family, the Yahoo Group for D Co., 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry is HERE. In the pictures section there is a pic of SSG Eggers and his three boys. Following their Group makes the war in Iraq more "real". It gives you a connection to it that the news can't.

4. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    My sympathies too. We must never think of our troops as just "numbers" out there.

Thanks to all our troops and God bless them and their families. Thanks Free.