Ryan vs. McConnell.....the fratricide may have started....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
As expected, the looming midterm of 2018 are beginning to take affect on the right wing majority of all facets of government....We haven't yet heard much from McConnell,but Paul Ryan is trying to cover his own ass by blaming the Senate (and tacitly also blaming the Trumpster) for the do-nothing congress and how voters will react during next year's campaigning and right wing voters' turnout in November 2018.

After hearing frustration from some Republican voters during an event Wednesday in Mukwonago, Ryan said he hopes to notch several legislative accomplishments that have so far eluded conservatives — including the changes to health care and tax policies — prior to the 2018 midterms. “If we don’t do our job we will depress turnout,” Ryan said. “I am frustrated as well.”

He attributed the lack of action to the Senate, where he said the slim Republican majority gives Democrats more opportunities to stop legislation.

And Ryan said the flurry of news and controversies coming out of President Donald Trump’s White House have overshadowed what he described as a productive session for House Republicans.

“We’re pretty frustrated with the slow pace of things (in the Senate), but in the House, we’ve actually done most of our agenda except for welfare reform and tax reform,” Ryan said. “There’s just been a lot of distractions out there, whether it’s Russia, or tweeting, or whatever.”

One day after Trump reluctantly signed off on new sanctions on Russia that were passed with overwhelming majorities, the president made news Thursday when he tweeted that American relations with the country were at an “all-time & very dangerous low,” for which he blamed Congress. Asked whether he agreed with Trump’s assessment, Ryan said, “We think Russia deserved the sanctions that we passed. Russia can improve our relationship if they stop meddling in our elections.”

Still, while some Republicans have expressed a growing discontent with Trump and polls show the new president’s approval ratings at historic lows, Ryan said he did not believe the party would be accomplishing more if someone else were in the White House.

“The problem isn’t having President Trump sign bills into law and it isn’t getting bills out of the House — the problem is getting these bills through the Senate,” Ryan said.

Paul Ryan predicts an easier time passing tax overhaul

Last edited:
  • Banned
Ryan sees the writing on the proverbial wall.......

A 10% approval rating should give them both a clue. They better get busy and squash the dissenters to get the major Bills thru before Turkey Day.

A 10% approval rating should give them both a clue. They better get busy and squash the dissenters to get the major Bills thru before Turkey Day.
Pretty hard to do that when Reps are hung up by the liberals in the Party.....and absolutely no help from the Demonrat Borg....

The problem was that they were trying to make the perfect Bill to repeal and replace Ocare. They are getting on the right track by repealing and replacing with block grants to the states. The State governors will give them cover to get that money. Right now most of Ocare goes to CA, NY, IL and FL...the other 46 states will be happy to get a more fair share. That sets up tax reform and the next Budget.
The one that the dems can't escape is immigration reform based on the Canadian point system. That brings in people that will help out economy, not be maggots on it.

As expected, the looming midterm of 2018 are beginning to take affect on the right wing majority of all facets of government....We haven't yet heard much from McConnell,but Paul Ryan is trying to cover his own ass by blaming the Senate (and tacitly also blaming the Trumpster) for the do-nothing congress and how voters will react during next year's campaigning and right wing voters' turnout in November 2018.

After hearing frustration from some Republican voters during an event Wednesday in Mukwonago, Ryan said he hopes to notch several legislative accomplishments that have so far eluded conservatives — including the changes to health care and tax policies — prior to the 2018 midterms. “If we don’t do our job we will depress turnout,” Ryan said. “I am frustrated as well.”

He attributed the lack of action to the Senate, where he said the slim Republican majority gives Democrats more opportunities to stop legislation.

And Ryan said the flurry of news and controversies coming out of President Donald Trump’s White House have overshadowed what he described as a productive session for House Republicans.

“We’re pretty frustrated with the slow pace of things (in the Senate), but in the House, we’ve actually done most of our agenda except for welfare reform and tax reform,” Ryan said. “There’s just been a lot of distractions out there, whether it’s Russia, or tweeting, or whatever.”

One day after Trump reluctantly signed off on new sanctions on Russia that were passed with overwhelming majorities, the president made news Thursday when he tweeted that American relations with the country were at an “all-time & very dangerous low,” for which he blamed Congress. Asked whether he agreed with Trump’s assessment, Ryan said, “We think Russia deserved the sanctions that we passed. Russia can improve our relationship if they stop meddling in our elections.”

Still, while some Republicans have expressed a growing discontent with Trump and polls show the new president’s approval ratings at historic lows, Ryan said he did not believe the party would be accomplishing more if someone else were in the White House.

“The problem isn’t having President Trump sign bills into law and it isn’t getting bills out of the House — the problem is getting these bills through the Senate,” Ryan said.

Look, you're not a stupid guy. Why won't you look into why no matter WHO is elected nothing ever changes? I'll ask it even though I know the true answer....

Why is it so hard for you to look beyond the partisan divide?
In the interest of fairness it is a blue pill/red pill question.

• Banned
Look, you're not a stupid guy. Why won't you look into why no matter WHO is elected nothing ever changes? I'll ask it even though I know the true answer....

.......and THAT is why when democrats are in power, I vehemently criticize them also. No, I am no fanatical supporter of the DNC....however, in my long life, I have found that democrats stumble into doing the "right thing" much more than republicans....Simple as that.

Why would a self professed smart guy like you say the nothing ever changes? Things absolutely change.

.......and THAT is why when democrats are in power, I vehemently criticize them also. No, I am no fanatical supporter of the DNC....however, in my long life, I have found that democrats stumble into doing the "right thing" much more than republicans....Simple as that.

No. No they don't, they all do the same thing. The ONLY difference is the speed in which they do it. It's all a game. It's all designed to divide and conquer. The pubs NEVER meant to get rid of Ocare. The ONLY plan was to let it run it's own course.
War's?
Afghan and Iraq Bush. Syria, Libya, Yemen, Sudan? All on Obambi and Clinton. You have Neo-Cons and Demo-Cons. They are ALL connected to Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Citi Group et al. Bailouts? Obambi simply quadrupled what Bush was doing. It's all a game.

Why would a self professed smart guy like you say the nothing ever changes? Things absolutely change.

I've never claimed to be "smart". Just informed .

People are learning, people are allowing their minds to be opened all over the world.One mind at a time. Too slow to stop what's happening but still it's progress.

Damn. You sure told me.

Things change, oh informed one. All the time. Sometimes even for the better. It's called progress. You can thank progressives.

Damn. You sure told me.

Things change, oh informed one. All the time. Sometimes even for the better. It's called progress. You can thank progressives.

Hang on to that Blue Pill kid, you'll need it.

"Fratricide"? Once again the left has an interesting choice of words. They accused Rush Limbaugh of using incendiary words to incite the attempted assassination of a congresswoman and here we have the left incorrectly but apparently intentionally using the word fratricide (the killing of one's brother) barely a month after a hard core democrat and Sanders fan tried to kill an entire baseball team. Hatred does strange things to people.

barely a month after a hard core democrat and Sanders fan tried to kill an entire baseball team. Hatred does strange things to people.

You're such an asshole.......

When some maniac shot a half dozen folks and permanently impaired democrat Gabrielle Giffords, did WE blame all republicans for that deed???

Get a fucking life you hate filled idiot.

barely a month after a hard core democrat and Sanders fan tried to kill an entire baseball team. Hatred does strange things to people.

You're such an asshole.......

When some maniac shot a half dozen folks and permanently impaired democrat Gabrielle Giffords, did WE blame all republicans for that deed???

Get a fucking life you hate filled idiot.

He wasn't a "Republican" or you would have. As it was you blamed Palin's "Crosshairs".

He wasn't a "Republican" or you would have. As it was you blamed Palin's "Crosshairs".

Well, one can argue a bit about your screwed up "speculation".......

The tone of Jared Lee Loughner's online writings and videos from immediately before the attack were described by The Guardian as "almost exclusively conservative and anti-government, with echoes of the populist campaigning of the Tea Party movement

The tone of Jared Lee Loughner's online writings and videos from immediately before the attack were described by The Guardian as "almost exclusively conservative and anti-government, with echoes of the populist campaigning of the Tea Party movement

S'ok kid, you aren't ready yet. Everybody's breaking point is different and you aren't there yet.

"Loughner's high-school friend Zach Osler said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right."[18] A former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007, prior to his personality transformation, as "left wing, quite liberal,"[40] "radical."

Jared Lee Loughner - Wikipedia

Sure thing kid.

S'ok kid, you aren't ready yet. Everybody's breaking point is different and you aren't there yet.

"Loughner's high-school friend Zach Osler said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right."[18] A former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007, prior to his personality transformation, as "left wing, quite liberal,"[40] "radical."

Jared Lee Loughner - Wikipedia

Sure thing kid.

Well, nitwit.......YOU cite a former high school classmate........I cite the respected Guardian that assessed Loughner's on line writing and videos just prior to the assassinations....................

I'll leave it up to others to judge the veracity of this scum bucket's political leanings.

Forum List

Back