Ryan.."My mom is a Medicare senior in Florida"

Thesenutters actually believe that the Ryan plan gives people under 55 an option to keep things the way they are. It is wonderful.

Please read the budget proposal before jumping on the party wagon
http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/pathtoprosperity2013.pdf
Page 14 for starters.

Why is an election year document more credible than what Ryan et al. voted for en masse just last year?

Last year they voted to eliminate the Medicare option forever. Are we to believe that if they had control of Congress and the Presidency they wouldn't push their original proposal?

Just like Ryan using his dad's SS death benefits to pay his way through college but he plans on cutting SS

:cuckoo:

SO I take it YOU don't want the ordinary worker to KEEP all the money paid into SS/Medicare which is what Ryan wants but you don't??

Huge idiot fuck up on your part. Older people do not keep their savings. They use it for living after retirement. They also have much larger medical costs, and are the most likely to have severe illness that costs far more than their savings to treat without the discounts offered through medicare.

it would be great if the world worked like republicans want. In republican land you don't get sick when you get older, but in the real world that simply is not the case. in republicanland you don't pay for things after you retire. You just sort of cruise on to your death with no need for money. In the real world retirement costs money, and being elderly means you don't get considered for many jobs even if you are mentally capable.
You evidently don't believe the ordinary American worker is smart enough to know that
after starting out at $30,000 a year increasing at 2% for 40 years over $400,000 is paid by the worker and his employer.
Right now the worker won't see any of that.

Thet depends. if we elect republicans who want to end SS security and medicare, yup we won't see any of that. I wonder how many boomers are falling for this line that if they elect democrats they won't see any of that, but if they elect the people who want to end these programs, aka republicans, of course they will see that money.

So let us say 40k per year. That is your number at retirement. So you are making 40k per year, then you retire and go onto SS. If you were making 40k per year on SS you would have paid back that money in 10 years. If you made 20k on SS then you would see a return in 20 years. Now, since retirement age is 65 you would see more money than you put in at 85 according to your numbers. Now let us say you are living on that 20k with no medicare. As long as you do not get sick that is great. 20k does not go far when you get sick or injured. My grandmother recently fell down, brok her wrist and hip. The medical bills for that month totalled way over 20k.

But let us not talk about reality. Some day you will regret this choice. You will be old, and you will be reliant on the younger people to not kick you into the gutter like ryan wants to do to his own mother. Enjoy being stupid, ignorant, and young while you can because life hits hard when you are a fuckwit.
But Ryan like most smart people want that worker to accumulate over $777,000 and as much as $2 million ... then when retires uses that money for retirement and health care!

ooooh, another republicanland number. It is great you may earn up that much in a lifetime of employment, if you didn't have to do things like eat, pay rent, pay utilities, pay for transportation, pay for medicine, or do anything but breathe.
Is that wrong what Ryan/Me and most SMART people want for American workers???

I guess in republicanland that desitre would be great, but that certainly is not the reality where we liove and you end up spending large portions of your income on living. Still, i have to wonder why you can claim Ryan wants that when he clearly has supported banking deregulation which has allowed banks and corporations to bundle swhitty loans into investments pawned off on regular people as a way to save for their retirement. the effects of this has been to decimate normal workers retirement funds while sheilding banks and corporations from toxic and really stupid loan practices.

it is a lie that ryan gives a shit about the american worker. he has constantly favored the rich people and their desire to take money from the american worker.
Are you against people saving their money with the aid of automatic deductions going to a savings account directed by the worker??
What' s wrong with that?

What is wrong with that is something every elderly person retiring on their savings can tell you. Your savings simply do not last when you pay your own medical bills at retail. Those are people who have worked all their lives and now you want to throw them under the bus so you can make a couple of extra bucks. Your selfishness might be great for you if you die before retirement, but you better damn well pray that you never live to see that day and have to live off those savings without SS or medicare.

He's a career politician who has gotten rich by being the consummate and incredibly dishonest Washington insider.

While his new found friend is supported by Adelson, Mrs Ryan's little boy Paul is suported by the Kochs.

Paul Ryan vice president pick: Koch brothers have his back - POLITICO.com

Someday, you rw's will be able to tell your grand kids that you sold them out to the highest bidder.
You do realize that you are voting for the ONLY MAN in the race who has cut 700 billion dollars from medicare, right?

who is selling out the grandkids?

:eusa_eh:

FactCheck.org : Romney, Obama Uphold Health Care Falsehoods

Just like Ryan using his dad's SS death benefits to pay his way through college but he plans on cutting SS

LOL...he was 16, SSI is broke dickweed....something has to be done and your side doesn't have the balls to do it.

Yea, he was 16. Already linked the article.

When did we start talking about SSI?

Dickweed?
:lol:

Which "side" am I?

mods, we really need a sarcasm font
:eusa_silenced:

SO I take it YOU don't want the ordinary worker to KEEP all the money paid into SS/Medicare which is what Ryan wants but you don't??

You evidently don't believe the ordinary American worker is smart enough to know that
after starting out at $30,000 a year increasing at 2% for 40 years over $400,000 is paid by the worker and his employer.Q
Right now the worker won't see any of that.

But Ryan like most smart people want that worker to accumulate over $777,000 and as much as $2 million ... then when retires uses that money for retirement and health care!

Are you against people saving their money with the aid of automatic deductions going to a savings account directed by the worker??
What' s wrong with that?

Ruh-roh! Another nutter misses the point entirely. I am shocked.

Going by the name of healthmyth it is at least truth in advertising. Everything he says is a complete myth.

Thesenutters actually believe that the Ryan plan gives people under 55 an option to keep things the way they are. It is wonderful.

Please read the budget proposal before jumping on the party wagon
http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/pathtoprosperity2013.pdf
Page 14 for starters.

Why is an election year document more credible than what Ryan et al. voted for en masse just last year?

Last year they voted to eliminate the Medicare option forever. Are we to believe that if they had control of Congress and the Presidency they wouldn't push their original proposal?

I have no reason to believe that would happen, based on recent hstory.

It hasn't happened, with this administration, in FOUR FUCKING YEARS

:eusa_boohoo:

LOL...he was 16, SSI is broke dickweed....something has to be done and your side doesn't have the balls to do it.

Yea, he was 16. Already linked the article.

When did we start talking about SSI?

Dickweed?
:lol:

Which "side" am I?

mods, we really need a sarcasm font
:eusa_silenced:

Priceless.....what does SS stand for....wow.

The Ryan Medicare plan is to give future seniors vouchers. If their voucher, no matter how little chump change it is, doesn't cover what the corporate insurers charge, fuckem.

As per usual, you are wrong. Ryan's plan is to allow future seniors to decide whether or not they would prefer a voucher instead of the standard Medicare. That means that they get a choice.

I know that left wingers detest choices, as it forces them to actually think, but most Americans like to have choices.

The vast majority of seniors need a supplemental insurance policy, which they pay for out of pocket, to cope with the costs that Medicare does not cover. They may be better off just having a private insurance plan.

The Ryan Medicare plan is to give future seniors vouchers. If their voucher, no matter how little chump change it is, doesn't cover what the corporate insurers charge, fuckem.

As per usual, you are wrong. Ryan's plan is to allow future seniors to decide whether or not they would prefer a voucher instead of the standard Medicare. That means that they get a choice.

I know that left wingers detest choices, as it forces them to actually think, but most Americans like to have choices.

The vast majority of seniors need a supplemental insurance policy, which they pay for out of pocket, to cope with the costs that Medicare does not cover. They may be better off just having a private insurance plan.

You will believe anything.

Seniors wouldn't get a choice in the plan Republicans voted for last year when they weren't thinking about the election.

Are you asking folks to bank on them choosing the more moderate version of their proposal if they assume power?

Priceless.....what does SS stand for....wow.

SSI is Supplemental Income

:eusa_shhh:

(smile) What fund does it come out of????

Apply For SSI, Survivors or Family Benefits

Shhh, I won't tell anyone.
:redface:

Yup, my face is red.......

I stand corrected.

We were talking about death benefits, so ya got me there.

There's also been a lot of talk about Ryan wanting to cut SS retirement benefits, so that's where my brain was at.

Allergies are fucking me up and my head is like a big ball of cotton.
Sorry.

But, while I got ya here, I need something cleared up.

You made the remark, **your side doesn't have the balls to do it**.

The Left claims that Ryan wants to cut bennies.
Whether or not that's true, I think we agree that it's not a good idea to take money that people have paid in to for years.

And you're right, in that, **something needs to be done**.

So....WHAT should be done??
Paul Ryan's Budget Proposal accomplishes two things:

1) It addresses the problems Medicare and SS face

2) It EXISTS

Where is the Dem response/equivalent?

How would they "do something"?
Because I'm not hearing anything of substance.
:confused:

SSI is Supplemental Income

:eusa_shhh:

I stand corrected.

There's also been a lot of talk about Ryan wanting to cut SS retirement benefits, so that's where my brain was at.

Sorry.

Whether or not that's true, I think we agree that it's not a good idea to take money that people have paid in to for years.

2) It EXISTS

I assumed you were Leftwing, judging by your other psts that isn't so.

As far as what to do, I'm not that smart...I'm just a guy in Omaha....I do support Ryan's proposal..the Left will NEVER touch it....their base would squel for years.

I stand corrected.

Sorry.

2) It EXISTS

I assumed you were Leftwing, judging by your other psts that isn't so.

As far as what to do, I'm not that smart...I'm just a guy in Omaha....I do support Ryan's proposal..the Left will NEVER touch it....their base would squel for years.

While I DO identify myself as a staunch Conservative "right-wing nutjob", I also do not hesitate to call, even, people of my own 'party' out on their bullshit.......So I can see how that could happen.......You're not the first.
:cool:

Huge idiot fuck up on your part. Older people do not keep their savings. They use it for living after retirement. They also have much larger medical costs, and are the most likely to have severe illness that costs far more than their savings to treat without the discounts offered through medicare.

it would be great if the world worked like republicans want. In republican land you don't get sick when you get older, but in the real world that simply is not the case. in republicanland you don't pay for things after you retire. You just sort of cruise on to your death with no need for money. In the real world retirement costs money, and being elderly means you don't get considered for many jobs even if you are mentally capable.

Thet depends. if we elect republicans who want to end SS security and medicare, yup we won't see any of that. I wonder how many boomers are falling for this line that if they elect democrats they won't see any of that, but if they elect the people who want to end these programs, aka republicans, of course they will see that money.

So let us say 40k per year. That is your number at retirement. So you are making 40k per year, then you retire and go onto SS. If you were making 40k per year on SS you would have paid back that money in 10 years. If you made 20k on SS then you would see a return in 20 years. Now, since retirement age is 65 you would see more money than you put in at 85 according to your numbers. Now let us say you are living on that 20k with no medicare. As long as you do not get sick that is great. 20k does not go far when you get sick or injured. My grandmother recently fell down, brok her wrist and hip. The medical bills for that month totalled way over 20k.

But let us not talk about reality. Some day you will regret this choice. You will be old, and you will be reliant on the younger people to not kick you into the gutter like ryan wants to do to his own mother. Enjoy being stupid, ignorant, and young while you can because life hits hard when you are a fuckwit.

ooooh, another republicanland number. It is great you may earn up that much in a lifetime of employment, if you didn't have to do things like eat, pay rent, pay utilities, pay for transportation, pay for medicine, or do anything but breathe.

I guess in republicanland that desitre would be great, but that certainly is not the reality where we liove and you end up spending large portions of your income on living. Still, i have to wonder why you can claim Ryan wants that when he clearly has supported banking deregulation which has allowed banks and corporations to bundle swhitty loans into investments pawned off on regular people as a way to save for their retirement. the effects of this has been to decimate normal workers retirement funds while sheilding banks and corporations from toxic and really stupid loan practices.

it is a lie that ryan gives a shit about the american worker. he has constantly favored the rich people and their desire to take money from the american worker.
What' s wrong with that?

What is wrong with that is something every elderly person retiring on their savings can tell you. Your savings simply do not last when you pay your own medical bills at retail. Those are people who have worked all their lives and now you want to throw them under the bus so you can make a couple of extra bucks. Your selfishness might be great for you if you die before retirement, but you better damn well pray that you never live to see that day and have to live off those savings without SS or medicare.

See if you can follow this VERY Simple point!
A) A worker age 25 starts at $30,000 and increases salary 2% a year for 45 years.
B) During that that time based on current payroll $500/month deducted.
C) He tells govt. put money into 3% savings account and it accumulates.
D) Age 70 retires. Worker gets the $400,000 that was put in over 45 years.
E) Worker gets $400,000 more in interest.
F) $800,000 at 5% interest is $40,000.
G) Average person at 70 spends $10,000 on health care!
H) After 20 years worker dies ..used $600,000 in living/health care!
I) Leaves an estate to heirs.. $200,000!
NOT ONE DIME cost to the Government!
All the time worker who under current plan just funds the government.
But under this plan.. worker KEEPS all the money paid in!

Is that simple enough for you?
Why do YOU want to keep me and others from controlling our money?
WHY do you want the government to control my money?

Are you that much of a wussy that you need to the govt. to tell you what you should eat, where you should live, what you should buy and bury or cremate you -- their decision?

Forum List

Back