rw Base flips-out over Cosmos show / Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

All by random chance.
That's kind of the point. We don't know. Stop pretending you know. The "evidence" your kind gives is a joke. The old testament? The new? The book of mormons? The koran? Get out of the stone age buddy!!!!

What are the odds that all this order: the strength of the strong force, weak force and gravity just all magically occurred by random chance? If any one of them were the tiniest bit different no Universe would have formed -- it would have been all chaos

That's a pretty odd explosion to create all that precise order, that "Big Bang"
Very likely. What are the 5 most common elements in the universe. I've heard the argument you are making before. It's been debunked. It's really a dumb question.

There's probably life surrounding every star you see in the ski. If not now then maybe 10 billion or 5 billion years ago. Or maybe 5 or 10 billion years from now.

There was probably life on Mars billions of years ago. Venus too.

Order? When a universe first explodes it is kaos for billions of years but eventually order starts.

And our Galaxy is on a collision course with another Galaxy. But since stars are so far apart we may just pass each other.

Anyways, we may not have all the answers but nothing you say even if true proves a creator

The order started when the strong and weak forces were PRECISELY what they were. If they were the tiniest bit different no nucleus or atoms would ever formed.

You guys keep glossing over it without spending a single second thinking about the implications
If there was no moon life couldn't exist on earth, maybe. Does that mean God put it there?

If the big bang didn't happen you wouldn't be here. God again?

All your ancestors had to meet and mate EXACTLY when they did for millions of years to make you. If one of those monkeys didn't meet you wouldn't exist. Did God do that too?

Speak for yourself monkey boy, I was created.

Neil deGrasse Tyson Is Really Starting To Scare Conservatives
The wingnut panic over the show Cosmos is incredibly amusing to me. It’s understandable, because Neil deGrasse Tyson is really good at being clear and concise about science and he eviscerates right wing attempts to muddy the waters with precision. I particularly liked this quote from an interview on Inquiring Minds: “I claim that all those who think they can cherry-pick science simply don’t understand how science works,” because science, unlike theology or musical taste, isn’t a matter of just taking what you like and leaving the rest behind. What is interesting—and threatening—about Cosmos is it asserts interconnectedness of science. Evolution and the “big bang” theory are inseparable, and knowing how old and vast the universe is makes it much, much easier to understand how evolution works.

discuss...

i never heard of this person

why do ignorant leftardz think they know what is other people's minds?

discuss............

That you don't know who Neil deGrasses Tyson is, is telling. If you are not one of the willfully ignorant, you might want to look him up. That you haven't, is good evidence you lack curiosity and that too is telling.

For the curious:

1. Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Astrophysicist
    Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. Wikipedia

Born: October 5, 1958 (age 57), Manhattan, NY
    Spouse: Alice Young (m. 1988)
    Influenced by: Carl Sagan, Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Richard Feynman
    Books: Death by Black Hole, More
    Education: Columbia University (1991), More
How about a moron like iceweasle who says he lost interest half way through the cosmos? How is that possible? It was so eye opening.

It seems half way through viewing Cosmos iceweasel discovered a small piece of double back tape was stuck on his finger (at that time said finger was in the process of picking his nose). He attempted to remove the tape, in doing so it became stuck on the middle finger of his other hand. Thus he once again tried to remove the tape, and once again it got stuck on the finger which had previously been picking his nose. This occupied his mind for several hours, only when his butt itched did it dislodge from his fingers and become stuck on his ass. And with all such persons ought of sight became out of mind - the rest is history.

Y
That's kind of the point. We don't know. Stop pretending you know. The "evidence" your kind gives is a joke. The old testament? The new? The book of mormons? The koran? Get out of the stone age buddy!!!!

What are the odds that all this order: the strength of the strong force, weak force and gravity just all magically occurred by random chance? If any one of them were the tiniest bit different no Universe would have formed -- it would have been all chaos

Very likely. What are the 5 most common elements in the universe. I've heard the argument you are making before. It's been debunked. It's really a dumb question.

There's probably life surrounding every star you see in the ski. If not now then maybe 10 billion or 5 billion years ago. Or maybe 5 or 10 billion years from now.

Order? When a universe first explodes it is kaos for billions of years but eventually order starts.

And our Galaxy is on a collision course with another Galaxy. But since stars are so far apart we may just pass each other.

Anyways, we may not have all the answers but nothing you say even if true proves a creator

The order started when the strong and weak forces were PRECISELY what they were. If they were the tiniest bit different no nucleus or atoms would ever formed.

You guys keep glossing over it without spending a single second thinking about the implications
If there was no moon life couldn't exist on earth, maybe. Does that mean God put it there?

All your ancestors had to meet and mate EXACTLY when they did for millions of years to make you. If one of those monkeys didn't meet you wouldn't exist. Did God do that too?

Yea by your parents. And your ancestors were once monkeys. Before that a kind of reptile and before that a fish. Google there was no first human and educate yourself

Y

Yea by your parents. And your ancestors were once monkeys. Before that a kind of reptile and before that a fish. Google there was no first human and educate yourself

Not mine monkey boy.

Their is no way in hell humans devolved from the monkeys.

You ever ask yourself how a weak ass, fur less creature ever survived n the wild, much less get laid?

Impossible.

The wingnut panic over the show Cosmos is incredibly amusing to me. It’s understandable, because Neil deGrasse Tyson is really good at being clear and concise about science and he eviscerates right wing attempts to muddy the waters with precision. I particularly liked this quote from an interview on Inquiring Minds: “I claim that all those who think they can cherry-pick science simply don’t understand how science works,” because science, unlike theology or musical taste, isn’t a matter of just taking what you like and leaving the rest behind. What is interesting—and threatening—about Cosmos is it asserts interconnectedness of science. Evolution and the “big bang” theory are inseparable, and knowing how old and vast the universe is makes it much, much easier to understand how evolution works.

discuss...

discuss............

That you don't know who Neil deGrasses Tyson is, is telling. If you are not one of the willfully ignorant, you might want to look him up. That you haven't, is good evidence you lack curiosity and that too is telling.

For the curious:

1. Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Astrophysicist
    Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, and science communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. Wikipedia

How about a moron like iceweasle who says he lost interest half way through the cosmos? How is that possible? It was so eye opening.

It seems half way through viewing Cosmos iceweasel discovered a small piece of double back tape was stuck on his finger (at that time said finger was in the process of picking his nose). He attempted to remove the tape, in doing so it became stuck on the middle finger of his other hand. Thus he once again tried to remove the tape, and once again it got stuck on the finger which had previously been picking his nose. This occupied his mind for several hours, only when his butt itched did it dislodge from his fingers and become stuck on his ass. And with all such persons ought of sight became out of mind - the rest is history.
iceweasel is one of the primary rw mouth breathers on the board. IOW's - a steaming pile

Back to topic

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

You ever ask yourself how a weak ass, fur less creature ever survived n the wild, much less get laid?

Impossible.

Not only possible it's true.

Lets try this. What came first adult humans or babies?

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

Don't answer a question with a question

So you say it's true. Publish your paper for peer review, You would win a Noble prize if you can prove evolution as a FACT.

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

So you say it's true. Publish your paper for peer review, You would win a Noble prize if you can prove evolution as a FACT.
Well a scientific theory is the highest honor a thought can achieve aside from becoming a fact.

What is your theory again? The more we hear your hypothesis the more our theory seems logical.

I can't say it is a fact on Simpson killed his wife and ron but I can show you all the evidence and you can decide.

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

Well a scientific theory is the highest honor a thought can achieve aside from becoming a fact.

What is your theory again? The more we hear your hypothesis the more our theory seems logical.

I can't say it is a fact on Simpson killed his wife and ron but I can show you all the evidence and you can decide.

PROVE IT

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

Look at the animal world, you ever see a 40lb fur less, weak ass lion or polar bear walking around?

No

They are both big, strong, fast as hell and have fur to protect them from the environment.

. you might have devolved from monkeys but I sure as hell didn't.

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

Look at the animal world, you ever see a 40lb fur less, weak ass lion or polar bear walking around?

No

They are both big, strong, fast as hell and have fur to protect them from the environment.

Hate to tell you but 185 million years ago we were a a fish called tiktaalik. Before we were the species we are now, around 10,000 generations ago, we were Mesolithic man. 10000 years or generations Before that we were Paleolithic man. There was no one day when paleo turned meso, sort of like there was no one day you go to sleep a boy and woke up a man.

Before monkeys we were like squirrel before that we were shrew then lizard then fish and before that sinle cell.

What is your hypothesis?

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

PROVE IT

What came first? Adult giraffe or baby giraffe? How did they get here?

discuss...

discuss............

For the curious:

1. Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Astrophysicist

Even when they one day conceed evolution is a scientific fact I don't think that would convince them their God doesn't exist. Could a God have planted the seed that started all life? That is what some of them say now. So why does the fact we evolved bother theists?

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

No

How does evolution conflict with you?

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

Like crows wolves and every other creature that still exists we developed survival traits. Either you're real fast, real strong or real smart. Or you breed faster than you are consumed. Lucky the dinosaurs were wiped out.

Put the universe in a 12 month calendar and humans only represent the last day of the year. Not even. You want to ignore 13 billion years worth of facts

This show simply exposes that followers of any religion are scared when smart people talk in public providing, you know, facts.

This show simply exposes that followers of any religion are scared when smart people talk in public providing, you know, facts.
I'm trying to figure out why they deny the evidence. Do they believe God plopped down full grown adults ready to breed is that it?

I just said I'm not religious. See, the words are still right up there. I watched about half the first episode and realized it was just a sham for Christian bashing. There was no need to spent time on it when they should have been discussing the universe. Like Sagan.
You can't be smart if that's what you got out of the series.
You decided to respond to a post from March 28th to say that? I said I watched the first half of the episode and you think I watched the series?

LOL, what a dumb turd.
If you gave up on such a great series you can't be that smart.
You criticizing intellect is funny. Go suck a fresh turd.
I read half the bible then stopped because I realized it was making me dumb and brainwashed
---
You read HALF the Bible?
I stopped after the passage where Eve was created from Adam's rib. LOL!

Y

Not mine monkey boy.

Impossible.

No

Hate to tell you but 185 million years ago we were a a fish called tiktaalik. Before we were the species we are now, around 10,000 generations ago, we were Mesolithic man. 10000 years or generations Before that we were Paleolithic man. There was no one day when paleo turned meso, sort of like there was no one day you go to sleep a boy and woke up a man.

Before monkeys we were like squirrel before that we were shrew then lizard then fish and before that sinle cell.

What is your hypothesis?

Why are you blowing up my in box monkey boy? When All you have is the theroys?

AGAIN PROVE EVOLUTION IS A FACT.

Forum List

Back