Russia's Nuclear Triad Modernization: Russian Bear on the LOOSE

The video wasn't the problem for me. I accept that Russia is going to modernize their capabilities. They feel threatened by the West, and with good reasons. My problem was with how you presented the video. And now you are back peddling. Better luck next time.

You mean this;

"Russian Bear on the LOOSE

Russia, crumbling in an economic and social struggle, trying to maybe make a last stand, before everything get even worse for them.

And they mean BUSINESS...

What would you like your president to do against that?"

Thats not much of a presentation if you ask me. I could have written more, regarding Russian strategy around the world, but didn't have the time. Not sure where I am back peddling, since it is just 3 lines of text, that doesn't put out much of thinking.

Russia has a strategy, that is one way or another is conflicting with the US interests around the globe. Thats what I am asking, what American people think would be a good counter-strategy.

This is how foreign policies are generated, at least in stable capable countries, like the US.
Yes of course I mean that. And no it isn't much of a presentation. But it is enough, propaganda is insidious as you well know.
You presented Russia as an irrational actor and provided a video showing Russian modernization of their military capabilities. The implication is that Russia should be feared by Americans. Your assertion that Russia is an irrational actor falls flat and you provide no substantiating evidence to prove your assertion.

And yes you are back peddling now. Whoever is paying you should get a refund. Good luck getting a Russian sub forum started. Amp up that propaganda machine! The Russians are coming! :ack-1:
:ahole-1:

If Russia was an "irrational" force, we would be living in a much different world today, a world that has seen a nuclear warfare in its past.

However; Russia was and always been the #1 strategic rival for the US interests all over the world.

Fuck you, who the fuck are you. I am not gonna teach you "foreign policy 101" here, you are more like "foreign policy for morons" caliber, so not gonna argue anymore

Now you can go fuck yourself...
Fuck you, who the fuck are you. I am not gonna teach you "foreign policy 101" here, you are more like "foreign policy for morons" caliber, so not gonna argue anymore
That's because you have no argument.
Russia does not present a threat to the American people, they represent a threat to the American corporate states's global hegemony. And for whatever reason you want to further the corporate states cause.

Russia trying to raise the oil prices.

That's a direct threat to the American consumers.

Big corporate like exxon, bp, mobil would love the prices to go up.

Now who is a threat to whom?

You can be an ignorant, that's fine, but being an ignorant and an asshole at the same time, a little bit too much...

Russia is essentially a gas station with a Russian flag on it- of course Russia would love to raise oil prices.

So would Saudi Arabia and Nigeria.

Clearly Russia has failed spectacularly in that effort.

You mean this;

"Russian Bear on the LOOSE

Russia, crumbling in an economic and social struggle, trying to maybe make a last stand, before everything get even worse for them.

And they mean BUSINESS...

What would you like your president to do against that?"

Thats not much of a presentation if you ask me. I could have written more, regarding Russian strategy around the world, but didn't have the time. Not sure where I am back peddling, since it is just 3 lines of text, that doesn't put out much of thinking.

Russia has a strategy, that is one way or another is conflicting with the US interests around the globe. Thats what I am asking, what American people think would be a good counter-strategy.

This is how foreign policies are generated, at least in stable capable countries, like the US.
Yes of course I mean that. And no it isn't much of a presentation. But it is enough, propaganda is insidious as you well know.
You presented Russia as an irrational actor and provided a video showing Russian modernization of their military capabilities. The implication is that Russia should be feared by Americans. Your assertion that Russia is an irrational actor falls flat and you provide no substantiating evidence to prove your assertion.

And yes you are back peddling now. Whoever is paying you should get a refund. Good luck getting a Russian sub forum started. Amp up that propaganda machine! The Russians are coming! :ack-1:

If Russia was an "irrational" force, we would be living in a much different world today, a world that has seen a nuclear warfare in its past.

However; Russia was and always been the #1 strategic rival for the US interests all over the world.

Russia does not present a threat to the American people, they represent a threat to the American corporate states's global hegemony. And for whatever reason you want to further the corporate states cause.

You can be an ignorant, that's fine, but being an ignorant and an asshole at the same time, a little bit too much...

Russia is essentially a gas station with a Russian flag on it- of course Russia would love to raise oil prices.

So would Saudi Arabia and Nigeria.

Clearly Russia has failed spectacularly in that effort.

A piece of technology developed in the last decade or two, which also made fracking possible, gave Saudis an upper hand against any producer on the planet. Saudis can bankrupt Russia and Iran, hinder their efforts to develop their resources, and once mission accomplished, can go back to business as usual, and still run a profitable business at this point.

And what does Russia need to do to prevent that from happening?

You got that right; surround Saudis with a circle of fire...

It seems like Russia came to the mid east to stay, up until she has the guarantee of survival from the US.

Can you elaborate? Obviously the price of oil affects the Russians, but what are they doing exactly to raise the price of oil?

Demand for oil fell and OPEC continued it's output instead of reducing it. Why? Does that benefit the Saudis? What about the other OPEC nations? Was it a geopolitical play to weaken the Russians and Iranians while the Western alignment began their assault on Syria, Yemen and Ukraine?

Everything is a geopolitical play. You are either a player, or not. Russia was not a player, for a long time, but now, all of a sudden, wants to be a player. Because she is under threat. First it was Nabucco, threatening Russian hegemony over European gas, and now US backed Saudis, threatening their oil income.

So Russia is simply fighting back.

How hard she is willing to hit, well that the debate here.

What I am bringing to the debate, is a video, obviously prepared by the Russian government, to show the world how hard they are capable of hitting, and that they should not be pushed to the limits.

Its that simple.

But of course, you don't have the capacity to understand any of that, do you?

What I am bringing to the debate, is a video, obviously prepared by the Russian government, to show the world how hard they are capable of hitting, and that they should not be pushed to the limits.

Its that simple.
Putin is sending a message to the rest of the world through a video made by Russia Insider? :cuckoo:You're a dolt, it's that simple.:laugh:

Last edited:

Can you elaborate? Obviously the price of oil affects the Russians, but what are they doing exactly to raise the price of oil?

Demand for oil fell and OPEC continued it's output instead of reducing it. Why? Does that benefit the Saudis? What about the other OPEC nations? Was it a geopolitical play to weaken the Russians and Iranians while the Western alignment began their assault on Syria, Yemen and Ukraine?

Everything is a geopolitical play. You are either a player, or not. Russia was not a player, for a long time, but now, all of a sudden, wants to be a player. Because she is under threat. First it was Nabucco, threatening Russian hegemony over European gas, and now US backed Saudis, threatening their oil income.

Its that simple.

Its that simple.
Putin is sending a message to the rest of the world through a video made by Russia Insider? :cuckoo:You're a dolt, it's that simple.:laugh:

Video is not made by Russian Insider moron, It is made by the Russian government. Did you even watch it?

Russian Insider
RT
South Front
PressTV

These are the propaganda machines used by the Russian government and followed by all the other foreign affairs departments around the world. Just like how US use its CNN, NBC, youtube, facebook.. channels, Russians have their channels as well.

I told you, you need the "Foreign Policy for Morons" class...

But giving it another thought, even that may not help in your situation....

Its that simple.

Its that simple.

Video is not made by Russian Insider moron, It is made by the Russian government. Did you even watch it?

Russian Insider
RT
South Front
PressTV

These are the propaganda machines used by the Russian government and followed by all the other foreign affairs departments around the world. Just like how US use its CNN, NBC, youtube, facebook.. channels, Russians have their channels as well.

http://southfront.org/ made the video. Or you are now going to claim the Russian government is making videos for the US Navy also.

You think Putin is running his foreign policy thru Russia Insider. :laugh2:

Last edited:

Its that simple.

Its that simple.

Russian Insider
RT
South Front
PressTV

SouthFront: Crisis News, World Events, Political Survey made the video. Or you are now going to claim the Russian government is making videos for the US Navy also.

This is from the link in that video

"In the past four years the US has been more or less involved directly or by proxies, agents and allies in the Syrian conflict. The barrage of accusations for a violation of human rights, dictatorship, killing of innocent civilians was a regular method by which the Western powers justified their involvement in the internal affairs of other countries. However, after four years of bloodshed the so called “soft power” did not yield any results."

It never occurred to you what the name "South Front" would be referencing to, did it?

"South Front" is just one of a series Russian government funded publishing/news organizations. "South Front" refers to the Syrian war, meaning it is the southern front for the Russian army, at least that's how they see it.

Now yo can go play with your toys, school boy clown........

There is a good documentary made by Russians about the controversies between British Empire, US and Russia, USSR named The Great Game.
I have found only one of 8 series in English language. Here it is:

If someone knows such movies made by western countries, please share.

Last edited:
There is a good documentary made by Russians about the contractions between British Empire, US and Russia, USSR named The Great Game.

Perfect, thank you for this. saved in the "watch later" list...

There is a good documentary made by Russians about the contractions between British Empire, US and Russia, USSR named The Great Game.

Good movie, to show you ours point of view :) In propaganda-style, but close to real.

And interesting, how the both sides triy to view own thoughts in the opponent's head :))) Britain and US usually think "we plan to attack and got a prize... so THEY plan to attack us too and do it earlier...."
Russians usually think "we got the most unsuitable territory in this planet, only to live in rest. We made a lot of wonderful weapons, beaten a lot of coalitions, avoided a lot of problem at borders... we're really tired... Maybe THEY tired and want a rest too? Or, at least, forgot about us?"

Its that simple.

Its that simple.

Russian Insider
RT
South Front
PressTV

SouthFront: Crisis News, World Events, Political Survey made the video. Or you are now going to claim the Russian government is making videos for the US Navy also.

This is from the link in that video

"In the past four years the US has been more or less involved directly or by proxies, agents and allies in the Syrian conflict. The barrage of accusations for a violation of human rights, dictatorship, killing of innocent civilians was a regular method by which the Western powers justified their involvement in the internal affairs of other countries. However, after four years of bloodshed the so called “soft power” did not yield any results."

It never occurred to you what the name "South Front" would be referencing to, did it?

"South Front" is just one of a series Russian government funded publishing/news organizations. "South Front" refers to the Syrian war, meaning it is the southern front for the Russian army, at least that's how they see it.

Now yo can go play with your toys, school boy clown........

This ^ is not Russian propaganda..........it's fact.

And BTW this is from Southfront's youtube channel.

Dear friends, supporters, readers,
Month ago, your response has helped us to restore the full-scale video production. We also increased quality and variety of the content.
In January, we collected about 1200 USD. Thank you to all people supported the project.
However, we need about 5000 USD per month to run the project successfully.
At the moment, we are holding the number of content and continuing the work due to your donations collected in December.
Unfortunately, if the situation isn’t improved, SouthFront will likely be pushed to decrease the production again.
We kindly ask you to continue to support the project.

What do you think alpine, can you spare a few ruble so the Russian government can continue making propaganda video? :rolleyes-41:

Last edited:

Good movie, to show you ours point of view :) In propaganda-style, but close to real.

And interesting, how the both sides triy to view own thoughts in the opponent's head :))) Britain and US usually think "we plan to attack and got a prize... so THEY plan to attack us too and do it earlier...."
Russians usually think "we got the most unsuitable territory in this planet, only to live in rest. We made a lot of wonderful weapons, beaten a lot of coalitions, avoided a lot of problem at borders... we're really tired... Maybe THEY tired and want a rest too? Or, at least, forgot about us?"

After all that western propaganda, painting the Soviet Russia as the evil wanting to destroy the world, it was the Russians themselves prevented a nuclear exchange that would destroy the world, during the Cuban missile crisis. When Americans offered them the removal of missiles in Turkey, "under the table", Russians knew the deal would still look like Russia have lost, but they didn't care.

During the invasion of Afghanistan, Russians again told the Americans what would happen if Russia pulled out of Afghanistan. Americans didn't care, pushed for "victory", and it was Americans who were the ones to feel the consequences, first hand.

Russians deserve a lot of respect, but not because they were able to develop good looking weapons, but because they were aware of the responsibility that came with it.

Russia hasn't upgraded their military since the Soviet Union Given the state of their economy there is little they can do

what's so special about Russia economy?.. i live in Russia and witness a certain hike in prices right now, but its a normal free market practice that the world has seen and accustomed to since long ago.

Russia hasn't upgraded their military since the Soviet Union Given the state of their economy there is little they can do

what's so special about Russia economy?.. i live in Russia and witness a certain hike in prices right now, but its a normal free market practice that the world has seen and accustomed to since long ago.
How is the military doing?

When was the last time you built a modern ship or state of the art aircraft?
What is the readiness of your forces?

Although this is a good indication of the military budget(which is around 1/10 of the US), therefore a good indication of the economic climate, I think Russia is not going after mighty state of the art equipment anymore, but affordable and technologically advanced equipment that has a much bigger market all around the world.

Good plan imo.

US did develop an F22 Raptor, and economic roi on that was effectively 0. Because there is no such competition, and you can not sell a state of the art technology.

Russia is acting smart to develop new ways to move that gdp out of the hole. But we shall see what time brings...

Although this is a good indication of the military budget(which is around 1/10 of the US), therefore a good indication of the economic climate, I think Russia is not going after mighty state of the art equipment anymore, but affordable and technologically advanced equipment that has a much bigger market all around the world.

Good plan imo.

US did develop an F22 Raptor, and economic roi on that was effectively 0. Because there is no such competition, and you can not sell a state of the art technology.

Russia is acting smart to develop new ways to move that gdp out of the hole. But we shall see what time brings...
Russia knows it can never match up in a superpower race with the U.S.

Their militaries prime mission is to keep the public in line if they revolt against a sagging economy. You don't need aircraft carriers to do that

Good plan imo.

Russia knows it can never match up in a superpower race with the U.S.

Their militaries prime mission is to keep the public in line if they revolt against a sagging economy. You don't need aircraft carriers to do that

Russia needs the military to project power in the local conflicts she is getting involved, like Ukraine, Georgia, Syria; to be able to protect her interests. And you are right, she dont need carriers for that.

She didn't need carriers when she was the Soviet Russia challenging the American dominance either.

The reason US needs carriers, is because she is far away from all the power centers around the world. Russia, due to her size, have the capability to access any of those centers regardless. And don't have any interests in the new world.

Therefore, Russian navy has a different focus compared to the American navy in that sense. Their priority are the nuclear submarines, rather than nuclear carriers.

Forum List

Back