Russia's Goals Now Expand Beyond Donbas.

I think you've lost a bit in the translation.

And along with the translation is the fact that the propaganda barrage has been largely discredited by extremist claims we can talk about.

The NYT??

I think that's what he claimed.

Well, there's an abundance of evidence in that stands to prove US aggression against Russia and the fact that America promised no eastward expansion.

Are you familiar with the territory granted to allied countries as spoils of the war?
Putin plainly states his imperialist ambitions in Ukraine regardless of the bullshit he and Lavrov and some others have been shoveling, and there is no evidence of American aggression against Russia.

Lavrov claims that peace was offered but the Ukraine declined the offer when Russia was only interested in the Donbass. Now he gives reasons from Russia's POV on why the war must be expanded.

There's now an entirely different discussion to be had on the war. IMO America should have allowed the peace to happen sooner. Or rather, the war shouldn't have been necessary at all.
Isn't Putin in Iran today begging for Iranian drones? Imagine any First World country having to go hat in hand for something I can buy at Walmart.

Putin plainly states his imperialist ambitions in Ukraine regardless of the bullshit he and Lavrov and some others have been shoveling, and there is no evidence of American aggression against Russia.
Well let's just leave it at that then.

I can see your contention that Russia really isn't under threat by America.

It's something I could believe in if I was looking for a confidence builder for Canadians and the rest of the world.

We can only hope that it doesn't get any bigger than just the Ukraine. I really dont like the idea at all of a hit on a Russian city with US weapons.
There is simply no evidence Russia is under threat from America or NATO or the EU or whatever other boogieman you want to make up.

Isn't Putin in Iran today begging for Iranian drones? Imagine any First World country having to go hat in hand for something I can buy at Walmart.
Is that an indication that Russia has depleted it's supply of warmaking resources again?

I think that whatever is true isn't making much difference. All indications are that both sides, the US and Russia are very cautiously stage managing their entire war effort.

I think that both sides, America and Russia, could very quickly win the war with impunity. That is 'both' sides and not just one side.

There is simply no evidence Russia is under threat from America or NATO or the EU or whatever other boogieman you want to make up.
If you proclaim it to be so then it is so.

My replies are of necessity limited to more than just proclaimed facts.

The head of the Luhansk People's Republic, Leonid Pasechnik, appealed to the residents of the United States and suggested listening to the opinion of the other side of the conflict, and not mindlessly absorbing Western propaganda.
It's unlikely to help, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try

The head of the Luhansk People's Republic, Leonid Pasechnik, appealed to the residents of the United States and suggested listening to the opinion of the other side of the conflict, and not mindlessly absorbing Western propaganda.

Message received. Let's send A10s and cruise missiles to Ukraine.

There is no Luhansk People's Republic; it is just a fiction Putin invented to try to justify his latest invasion of Ukraine. Leonid Pasechnik is just another Russian stooge like you.

Yes, it's a hotly contested question but expanding the war to taking the entire Ukraine doesn't sound like Putin's regret?

It sounds like Russia's resolve on not giving anymore ground to America. Or to 'Nato' if you and others insist?
Putin started the war trying to take all of Ukraine. He got slapped down, he is less capable now and making empty threats.

Forum List

Back