Russian TYPICAL Supermarket After 8 Months of Sanctions

Baron

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
take a look around a Russian Typical Supermarket in Moscow, Russia. After 8 months of Sanctions impeded on Russia how does a Russian typicalSupermarket look. What are the prices really like now.
Of course the Russian economy is broken, sanctions work and the fat american guy spreading fake news is a paid by Putin troll, liar, Nazi, Racist, antisemit, idiot etc. et.etc.

take a look around a Russian Typical Supermarket in Moscow, Russia. After 8 months of Sanctions impeded on Russia how does a Russian typicalSupermarket look. What are the prices really like now.
Of course the Russian economy is broken, sanctions work and the fat american guy spreading fake news is a paid by Putin troll, liar, Nazi, Racist, antisemit, idiot etc. et.etc.

Just WOW!

Keep in mind that produce in Russia is, by law, non-GMO and most probably far more organically grown than US produce. I use only organic, non-GMO produce and it's crazy expensive.

I wonder if it's too late in life to learn to speak Russian.

:)

Last edited:

Wow that is expansive and impressive.

SUPER Super---second world

Your video has no indication of when it was taken
I suspect it was long before sanctions took effect

Russian soldiers lack critical supplies. How can civilian supermarkets have them?

Gee. Look at JoeB131 agreeing with you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
Oh, you are right, my mistake, life is much better in Russia.

I read a story, from the last century, of when prisoners of the Gulags digging up the earth to make a road in Russia found perfectly preserved ancient fish frozen ice. 1,000's of years old. They promptly threw them on the fire, cooked them, and ate them.

Then of course people who ran cafes, had two menus. One for the locals, another for when a stranger came in. The cafe owner was not allowed to sell goose because they all belonged to the state. Even though the cafe owner raised the geese, they were not theirs. So one menu had goose, the other did not.

Russia's food is better than ours is a crock of shit. Supermarkets better stocked, another crock of shit. Organic and non-gmo?

The only way anyone grows food in the world without pesticides and the wonders of modern agriculture is because the 10's of thousands of square miles of farmland surrounding the postage stamp sized organic farm kill most of the bugs.

The Ukraine, Russia needs that food.

Oh, you are right, my mistake, life is much better in Russia.

I read a story, from the last century, of when prisoners of the Gulags digging up the earth to make a road in Russia found perfectly preserved ancient fish frozen ice. 1,000's of years old. They promptly threw them on the fire, cooked them, and ate them.

Then of course people who ran cafes, had two menus. One for the locals, another for when a stranger came in. The cafe owner was not allowed to sell goose because they all belonged to the state. Even though the cafe owner raised the geese, they were not theirs. So one menu had goose, the other did not.

Russia's food is better than ours is a crock of shit. Supermarkets better stocked, another crock of shit. Organic and non-gmo?

The only way anyone grows food in the world without pesticides and the wonders of modern agriculture is because the 10's of thousands of square miles of farmland surrounding the postage stamp sized organic farm kill most of the bugs.

The Ukraine, Russia needs that food.
Well, thanks for sharing your opinion.

Supermarket chains in Russia​

Russia is home to both Russian and international supermarket chains. Most operate throughout the country, and many have stores of different sizes. The major ones include:

• Magnit: Magnit is one of the largest supermarket chains in Russia. In 2021, they had 25,315 outlets across the country. They also produce their own food for sale in their stores.
  • Pyaterochka (Пятёрочка): a chain of 17,600 convenience stores selling most grocery products. Pyaterochka is owned by the X5 retail group, who also own Perekrestok (Перекрёсток) supermarket and Karusel (Карусель) hypermarket. Some Pyaterochka outlets also have ready-made foods, a salad bar, and a café. With so many stores, you are almost guaranteed to find one in your city.
  • Dixy (Дикси): Russia’s third largest food retail company. They have about 2,655 stores, located mostly in western and central Russia. Dixy sell all kinds of groceries and non-food items.
  • Lenta: This chain has 255 hypermarkets and 419 supermarkets across Russia.
  • Auchan: The French supermarket giant had 236 stores in Russia in 2021, but it has recently been closing its hypermarkets and supermarkets to focus on ecommerce.

Discount supermarkets in Russia​

Although grocery prices in Russia are generally lower than in western Europe, you might be keen to save even more money. The Russian discount retailer market is still in its infancy, but you have a few options:

• Mayak (Маяк): a low-price hypermarket chain with stores in a wealth of cities in Russia.
  • Da! (Да!): this discount retailer whose name means ‘yes!’ has been trading in Russia since 2015.
  • Chizhik (Чижик): launched in 2020, X5’s latest addition to its network of stores, you can find outlets in and around Moscow.

I shared facts, thank you for showing you can only reply with denial while trolling.

Your response is the confirmation my comments were designed to elicit.

Wow! Your last booster worked. Shame. You used to post some interesting things.

Just another Potemkin village for idiots to lap up. Fact is, the Russian army is weak and can't take a nothing country like Ukraine.

I just watched the video. How very, very, sad.

Such a huge market with so few people for it's size. All the shelves stocked with food because so few people can afford the food.

Much of the parking lot empty except for the manager's and official's cars.

The store was mistly empty and no big full carts of food can be seen leaving check out registers

And of course, Russia never imported much if any food, hence I did not see any international brands.

If I ever go to russia I will be sure to take a suitcase of Hershey bars and Coca Cola to give to the children. But not at this store, I only saw two children with their Nanny.

Forum List

Back