Palestinian medical sources: 507 now killed in Gaza

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Palestinian medical sources: 507 now killed in Gaza - CNN.com

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- Israeli troops gained control of parts of northern Gaza Sunday, less than 24 hours after launching a ground incursion into the Palestinian territory, according to Palestinian security sources.

Palestinian medical sources say Israeli forces have killed 37 Palestinians -- both civilians and militants -- since moving into the territory Saturday night.

With those deaths, at least 507 Palestinians, including about 100 women and children, have been killed since Israeli airstrikes began December 27, and 2,600 Palestinians have been injured, most of them civilians, sources said.

Israeli forces killed three senior members of Hamas' military wing on Sunday, Hamas sources told CNN.

Four Israelis -- one soldier and three civilians -- have been killed in the ongoing rocket strikes, Israeli officials said.

It's a sad fact how many civilians are paying the ultimate price for this war.

So how much longer is this going to go on for? Israeli Defense says for not a short period of time.

and of course, the palestinians will claim they are over whelmingly civilians
:rolleyes:

actually, israel has been pretty careful to avoid civilian casualties. as of this a.m., it was under 20%.

They're exagerating the numbers just like Arafat taught them to do in order to gain media attention and sympathy from idiots.

Looks like it worked with the OP. :eusa_whistle:

And don't get me started with CNN. They've barely reported on any of the rockets landing in Sderdot and any of the other cities in Israel - even when Israeli deaths occured as a result. Christian Amanpour is so biased to her Muslim brothers and sisters and against Israel, it's astounding they even let her on the air. MSNBC has been almost as bad, with getting Hamas spokespeople on the phone to talk about how horrible a situation it is.

When was the last time a network interviewed a leader of Al Queda to get his loss figures on the air and to garner sympathy? It's so completely stupid - it's amazing. There is NO difference between Hamas and Al Queda. They are both Islamic terrorists that are hell bent on destroying anyone who doesn't believe in their way of life. Muslims included.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1230733155685&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Last edited:
and of course, the palestinians will claim they are over whelmingly civilians
:rolleyes:

actually, israel has been pretty careful to avoid civilian casualties. as of this a.m., it was under 20%.

So..Do you two need to see all the dead bodies for yourselves to make sure they aren't lying?

The number of civilians dead that I've seen from all sources so far is over 20%.

At one point, I believe I saw one that was for every 1 in 4.

They're exagerating the numbers just like Arafat taught them to do in order to gain media attention and sympathy from idiots.

Looks like it worked with the OP. :eusa_whistle:

And don't get me started with CNN. They've barely reported on any of the rockets landing in Sderdot and any of the other cities in Israel - even when Israeli deaths occured as a result. Christian Amanpour is so biased to her Muslim brothers and sisters and against Israel, it's astounding they even let her on the air. MSNBC has been almost as bad, with getting Hamas spokespeople on the phone to talk about how horrible a situation it is.

When was the last time a network interviewed a leader of Al Queda to get his loss figures on the air and to garner sympathy? It's so completely stupid - it's amazing. There is NO difference between Hamas and Al Queda. They are both Islamic terrorists that are hell bent on destroying anyone who doesn't believe in their way of life. Muslims included.

Hamas moves on Fatah 'collaborators' | Confronting Hamas | Jerusalem Post

Fuck you Racist.

Do show me the "real" numbers then if the source is wrong.

WebCite query result

The UN's Protection of Civilians Weekly Report - 291

24-31 December 2008

To quote from the article:

Hundreds of Palestinians killed and over 1500 injured—in three days
Exact casualty figures are impossible to provide at this juncture. However, several humanitarian and human rights organizations including Al Mezan, PCHR, and UNRWA, as well as healthcare providers, have estimated as many as 310-390 fatalities and 1500-1800 Palestinians injured in the first three days. At least 32 Palestinian children were killed in the first 48 hours of airstrikes.

Many of the civilian casualties occurred among those living in residences within the vicinity of targeted buildings. In one such incident, on 28 December, Israeli missiles hit and destroyed a mosque in Jabalia Camp, instantly killing five children of the same family living in an adjacent home. Four other children were also injured in the bombing (Al Mezan).

It's been 4 days since this report came out, so the numbers seem to be right on target.

WebCite query result

The UN's Protection of Civilians Weekly Report - 291

24-31 December 2008

To quote from the article:

It's been 4 days since this report came out, so the numbers seem to be right on target.
again, if Hamas has weapons stores and rocket launchers in and around children, who's fault is it if they get hurt?

before you answer, read the Geneva Conventions

again, if Hamas has weapons stores and rocket launchers in and around children, who's fault is it if they get hurt?

before you answer, read the Geneva Conventions

Or how about Israel should invade of shooting artillery into neighborhoods while ignorantly thinking they won't kill at least a few civilians?

Or how about Israel should invade of shooting artillery into neighborhoods while ignorantly thinking they won't kill at least a few civilians?
prove they have done such
and prove they werent weapons storage for Hamas

prove they have done such
and prove they werent weapons storage for Hamas

Well the burden of proof isn't mine.

Israel knows where they're shooting into. Therefore, they should know what is in the surrounding area which in many of these bombings is neighborhoods.

Can you prove all these children who have died have been in weapons storages?

They voted for Hamas, and war was part of that party's platform.

which validates the post-2000 election, civilian killing piece of violence that happened on 8/11/01?

good grief.. the shit you people will say in order to rationalize modern dead injuns.

Well the burden of proof isn't mine.

Israel knows where they're shooting into. Therefore, they should know what is in the surrounding area which in many of these bombings is neighborhoods.

Can you prove all these children who have died have been in weapons storages?
you madse the claim, the burden is yours

which validates the post-2000 election, civilian killing piece of violence that happened on 8/11/01?

good grief.. the shit you people will say in order to rationalize modern dead injuns.

hmmm, not sure i remember what happened on that date

Doctor in Gaza: Patients 'lying everywhere' - CNN.com

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- Gaza's main hospital, already overloaded with Palestinians wounded in the week-long Israeli air assault, has reached critical mass, according to a Norwegian doctor volunteering at Shifa Hospital.

"The injured patients are mainly civilians, a lot of children with dreadful injuries," Dr. Erik Fosse told CNN on Monday, estimating that 20 percent of the more than 500 people dead were children.

"This figure is rising, and I think it has to do with the development of the war as it moves into the city," he added.

We've had a steady stream (of patients) every day, but the last 24 hours has (been) about triple the number of cases," Fosse said late Sunday.

Fosse said he estimated that about 30 percent of the casualties at Shifa -- Gaza City's main hospital -- on Sunday were children, both among the dead and wounded.

The increase in casualties at Shifa followed Israel's ground incursion into Gaza. Fosse said 50 patients were "severely wounded" when an Israeli air strike hit a food market in Gaza City.

We were operating in the corridors, patients were lying everywhere, and people were dying before they got treatment," he said.

1.) Jillian: So over 20% of the dead are CHILDREN, not even including civilian adults. Just children. About 30% of the dead on sunday at the hospital were CHILDREN.

2.) Everybody else: Any of you want to tell me how the fuck a FOOD MARKET is a terrorist base of operations or military base? ANYONE?

Forum List

Back